I tried using AI. It scared me.

User avatar
Tom Mazanec
Posts: 4201
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:13 pm

I tried using AI. It scared me.

Post by Tom Mazanec »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPhJbKBuNnA
2,402,084 views
Tom Scott


Script assistant: Laura Conlon
No AI assistance was used, except where noted.

ALTERNATE TITLES:
Crypto and the metaverse aren't the future. AI is.
I just wanted to fix my email.
I tried ChatGPT and had a minor existential crisis
Everything is about to change
ChatGPT is Napster, 24 years later.
ChatGPT is 2023's Napster.

CHAPTERS
0:00 Intro
0:07 I just wanted to fix my email
2:39 Gmail's label system sucks
5:35 Wait, I can fix this with code
7:36 It can't be that good, right?
11:31 Everything is going to change
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain
brosce
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2026 8:26 am

Re: I tried using AI. It scared me.

Post by brosce »

The part about AI being able to fix the email with code is pretty impressive, but I can understand why that level of capability feels unsettling. It really does show how quickly these tools are changing.Broken Screen
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests