Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

aeden

Re: Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

Post by aeden »

Higg is warning us what does not want to be seen as what it takes to preserve capital in a cycle seen before.
I do not think He misses property management either.
https://craignelsen.substack.com/p/nazi ... -bolshevik
We had a quarterly meeting of Elders last night and the term Liberty was offered to what that price tag is
not having qualified souls who can maintain it heading into the period things are taken away by grifter retards.
I was allowed to join so I guess I'm older now.
As offered before reading what Robert Freidman meant about deracinated as Balaam was abusing His transportation then.
We had a good laugh about the cheese wall and who ate my cheese period as LEAN thought maps moved into corporate circles
and what piggyback globalists means in today's World. The point is going along to get along had consequences Just as my Father in Law
Hit Normandy and had the feet of combatant's feet pointing towards the door to show who was behind that point of contact was cleared
in that building. The warning is being liberal does not mean it is correct. We assume a decade if India and the States sort out essential details.
The fact is the ensuing subsidy's will be first use money corruption and will end up like San Fransisco's values of merit just as we seen in China
countless tens of thousands of electric and registered vehicles rotting in the Sun. Subsidy theft and corruption to lure in capital and just like
FTX to vanish in another polo-tic fashion.

The blue tooth from the apple ipad would not link to the bose speaker. I offered get a hammer, a few amused, a few chuckles and after a few minutes just rebooted it to refresh the system. I do not use any Apple products or Starbucks woke, so it appeared cluelessness is just the order of the day. Waiting for the well they used the highways in Rome then built by slaves to surface. Cannot wait for the Hadrian's curse discussion to events.

Suicide runs.
https://en.defence-ua.com/analysis/russ ... -4768.html

script map https://clifhigh.substack.com/p/lin-bia ... e-of-trans

Also cash money seized from the trucker's donation accounts. Fig tree barren roots.
https://ottawacitizen.com/news/national ... formation/
European Endowment for Democracy.
Canada's very own uknazi finance minister Chrystia Freeland roots.
https://smartcdn.gprod.postmedia.digita ... pdnBVqjb9g

The Kazarian cult has no issue killing any Christian biscuit eaters.
The CBDC attacks on our currency will fund all butchers until you guessed it, when the real Boss has to show up.
The Kazarian cults mentats wants a world tax and yea, nirp for superior orders Senator.
Vix Biscuit.
“I can assure you: there is more money that we’re going to be able to identify”

The only thing Noske got was more cow bell from the educated.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

From an email received this week:
Much talk has been made of the "Magnificent Seven" this week (NVDA, TSLA, and the rest).

This is just a quick aside true story. As a college student, I was the Margin Clerk for the 7th largest Merrill Lynch office in the world. There was one account that, to this day, has remained in my vivid memory. His margin account was worth $1.8 Million when I took over the department, and he was loaded up with the 1972 "Nifty Fifty" stocks like DIS, IBM, XRX, and the rest as I watched from from the outside.

By mid to late 1974, his entire account was involuntarily liquidated to meet ongoing margin calls at a remaining value of just over $50,000.

Nifty doesn't remain "nifty" in a bear market, nor does magnificent remain "magnificent."
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

The Spirit of Enterprise by Gilder was mentioned recently. I read it in around 1985 when it came out. Last night, I dusted it off and took another look. The book tells the story of the founding of Micron Technology. Today, Micron is number 108 on the S&P 500 list of the largest publicly traded companies in the United States. Micron was founded by 4 men as a firm of design consultants. The got a contract to design 64K DRAM chips for a price that seemed too low, so they asked for the rights to produce any of their designs, which the client readily agreed to. In less than 4 years, Micron was manufacturing 64K DRAMS for a lower price than any competitor. Unable to get financing through any conventional means, they had been bankrolled by wealthy potato and sheep farmers in Idaho (mostly Simplot).

Scott Simplot made calls to E. F. Hutton, Sutter Hill, and Hambrecht and Quist, leading sources of venture capital, but they all blanched at investing in commodity memories in the face of the formidable Japanese. Simplot's president, Dale Dunn, was shaken by a chance meeting in an airplane with the head of the huge Boise facility of Hewlett-Packard and the city's chief authority on electronic technologies. "Can't be done," he said of Micron's plans. "It will be a white elephant. To start a real RAM facility would cost $50 million. You'll never get a working chip out of that plant." Tom Nicholson was counseled by his Idahoan friend William Agee of Bendix to stay away from the commodity memory business: "Be a consumer of chips, not a producer of them." Scott Simplot got similar lectures from all the leading venturers of Silicon Valley. The man from Hambrecht and Quist asked him, "Have you done anything like this before? What formula did you use in placing a price on this company? Aren't you disappointed by the progress to date? What's your financial model?" Scandalizing the ghosts of his Wharton teachers, Scott replied that he had "an internal Micron model." But like Parkinson before him, he was driven to conclude that in the model of the American venture capital industry, this potential $4 billion market had been given up to the Japanese.
Whatever happens to Micron in coming years, however, this unlikely team—a pair of twins from Blackfoot, Idaho, a displaced Cuban, and a college dropout—have demonstrated anew the extraordinary creativity and efficiency possible in a small company. The intimate interplay among four or five men, in design, layout, and fabrication, engineered a part superior to the product of the vaunted labs of IBM or Bell, a part better than the product of Japan's research and development cartels, a part beyond the expectations of any expert in the industry. Micron gave the lie to all the authoritative researches of five governments, of scores of university scholars, of hundreds of politicians who once again—in longing or lamentation—proclaimed the necessary bureaucratization of creativity. Micron even defied the expertise of the dominant centers of venture capital. Just as it took a copper company to appreciate the oil and gas insights of John Masters of Canadian Hunter—one of the world's leading finders of natural gas—so it took a bunch of potato growers and sheep farmers to take the measure of Micron. Platoons of scholars from MIT, the Sorbonne, Stanford, and Tokyo U., lavishly financed by the richest corporations and governments of the world, succumbed to a motley team from Utah State, Idaho State, and Missouri Rolla. Late in 1982, wise men and scoundrels from around the world began coming to see for themselves—to pay implicit tribute to the newborn king of semiconductor memories. The DRAM design group from one of the world's most prestigious electronics firms— including its director of DRAM development—quietly checked into the Red Lion Riverside Motel in Boise. Two earnest Swedes from a leading robotics firm flew in from Stockholm. A brilliant British semiconductor engineer from a world-leading multinational went out to the Micron plant and negotiated an agreement with Joe Parkinson to license the chip. With a strong position in the European market for 16K DRAMs, his multinational had labored for years to mass-produce a 64K and had failed. The Briton's German boss read the contract with incredulity and flew in to investigate the unknown firm and extort a more favorable agreement. Expertly shuffling papers, he told Joe Parkinson to sign on the dotted line, all was in order. After Joe spotted key changes and rejected them, the tall suave German was seen stalking the corridors of the Red Lion in a dark suit, muttering to himself.
https://dokumen.pub/the-spirit-of-enter ... 54821.html

The story of Micron starts on page 218.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Here is some data on what has happened since Micron Technology was founded in 1978.

Under Ronald Reagan, who was in office from 1981 to 1989, there was a push to encourage small business formation, and the gap between the number of employees in small businesses versus large businesses widened to the widest gap on the chart in favor of small businesses. It remained approximately steady under George Bush. Once Clinton entered office in 1993, the gap completely closed and when Clinton left office more Americans worked for large businesses for the first time. Under the younger George Bush, once again, there was little change. When Obama entered office in 2009, once again, large businesses were favored and the gap widened even more in favor of large businesses to its widest gap on the chart in favor of large businesses.
Americans, in a generational reversal, are now more likely to work for a large employer than a small one, a shift that’s rippling through the economy.

By Theo Francis
Published April 6, 2017 at 10:45 a.m. ET

The United States has long held itself out as a nation driven by entrepreneurs and small businesses. Presidents and politicians still invoke that image, and for generations, it was largely accurate.

Today, the U.S. has become something different: a nation of employees working for large companies, often very large ones.

In the late 1970s, an American employee was more likely to work at a company with fewer than a hundred workers than one that employed 2,500 or more. Today, Americans are more likely to work for the larger firms.

More than a quarter of all U.S. employees worked at firms employing at least 10,000 people in 2014, the most recent year for which the Census Bureau has released comprehensive data.

Huge companies dominate American economic life well beyond employment. They ring up a disproportionate share of sales for goods and services, both to consumers and to other businesses.

Scale alone isn’t bad. It can bring substantial efficiencies. National cellular providers can spare customers the complexity and expense of roaming charges. At the same time, scale begets scale as big companies reinforce one another. Big retailers prefer big distributors. Big manufacturers need big suppliers.

Over time, economists say, nimble new companies should form to challenge sprawling incumbents. That isn’t happening as much these days. Young firms often fail or are absorbed by existing giants. The problem now is that business formation has slowed.

https://www.wsj.com/graphics/big-companies-get-bigger/

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:00 am
When Obama entered office in 2009, once again, large businesses were favored and the gap widened even more in favor of large businesses to its widest gap on the chart in favor of large businesses.
Remarks by President Obama at a Campaign Event in Roanoke, Virginia July 2012
There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me -- because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t -- look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That’s how we funded the GI Bill. That’s how we created the middle class. That’s how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That’s how we invented the Internet. That’s how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that’s the reason I’m running for President -- because I still believe in that idea. You’re not on your own, we’re in this together. (Applause.)
https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/th ... e-virginia

This is known as the "You Didn't Build That" speech.

aeden

Post by aeden »

Meanwhile, In a memo to Lyndon Johnson, Moynihan attempted to explain this appalling new development by correlating it with what appeared to be a breakdown in the Negro family. All the public attention went to his explanation, which was merely a first approximation, but the facts he sought to explain did not go away because reasonable doubts were thrown on his explanation; indeed, the trend lines he had uncovered became more frighteningly evident in the boom years of the late 1960's. Job training failed; community action became a nursery for infantile leftism; a disproportionate fraction of the money spent on the poverty program went to social workers and other professionals, whose utility seemed minimal;

John dialog put it clearly how demented the democrats actually are.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5168&p=63752&hilit=Moynihan#p63752

The wages of the democrats culling was updated.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 7:28 pm
When we break down the actual facts about Cargill, the lack of discussion in the mainstream and alternative media is astonishing.

--Cargill is the largest privately held corporation in the United States
--The Cargill family owns 90% of Cargill
--Due to being privately held, the Cargill family is not obligated to disclose the extent of their holdings
--By Forbes' best estimates, the Cargill family consists of more billionaires than any family in the history of the world.

I would add that Cargill trades a significant portion of the grain volume on the CBOT and owns a significant portion of the world's food.
I'll get back to the recent topic shortly but some of this passed by as I was getting numbers on how big Simplot is, relatively speaking.

I have nothing against Cargill. It's been noted because the facts are what they are. Cargill is privately held and massive. To get an idea of just how massive, I've copied the lists below. It makes the largest privately held companies look like dwarfs. If Cargill were a public company it would still be one of the largest companies in the United States by revenue, in the same class as companies like AT&T, Microsoft, and Costco. Almost half as big as Apple.

aeden

Post by aeden »

The Hypercoherence phase is increasing as they enter another segment it is different this time.
We are hedging into the simple rotation aspect and will see only what and who they can adulterate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQHquJ7eqv4

https://cms.zerohedge.com/s3/files/inli ... k=BFQH9MJV
Fomo and fud market .
Smart money to dumb money flows was the coin flip to just wait collecting a premium.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:00 pm
UPS workers vote to strike, setting stage for biggest walkout since 1959

BY IRINA IVANOVA

UPDATED ON: JUNE 16, 2023 / 12:35 PM / MONEYWATCH

UPS workers are gearing up for a potential strike that would be the biggest U.S. labor walkout since the 1950s.

Members of the Teamsters union, which represents about 340,000 workers at the package delivery company, voted overwhelmingly on Friday to strike if no agreement is reached with UPS by the time the current contract expires on July 31.

"If this multibillion-dollar corporation fails to deliver on the contract that our hardworking members deserve, UPS will be striking itself," Teamsters President Sean O'Brien said in a statement. "The strongest leverage our members have is their labor and they are prepared to withhold it to ensure UPS acts accordingly."

Some 97% of voting members approved a strike, although the voting turnout was not immediately known.

The union is seeking higher pay; the elimination of so-called two-tier wages, where newer workers are paid less than older employees for the same job; the removal of surveillance cameras from delivery trucks; and more full-time jobs.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ups-strike ... -60-years/
Nurses strike in Austin. Largest nurses strike in Texas history.

https://www.kvue.com/video/news/local/a ... e525eb65a2

Many are probably of the opinion that strikes are not meaningful like they were in the 1970s. Union membership is down, automation may be replacing workers, etc. I'm looking at these strikes as an indication of how much pressure the masses of people are under. They may not be able to do as much about it, but the pressure appears to be there.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

The Fed thinks catastrophe is coming for US businesses

Zahra Tayeb Jun 28, 2023, 7:04 AM CDT

Fed economists just rang the alarm on the historic percentage of distressed US companies.
Around 37% of firms are in major trouble, which could worsen the fallout from the Fed's rate hikes.
Investment, employment, and economic activity could all take a significant hit, researchers said.

Federal Reserve economists just said a historic surge in the percentage of distressed American companies could worsen the fallout from the US central bank's fight against inflation.

"The share of nonfinancial firms in financial distress has reached a level that is higher than during most previous tightening episodes since the 1970s," Ander Perez-Orive and Yannick Timmer said in a recent note.

The upshot is that the Fed's hikes to interest rates — intended to curb the pace of price increases by raising borrowing costs — threaten to have a magnified influence on business investment, employment, and economic activity.

That's because debt-ridden companies will likely balk at spending money on new equipment or facilities, hiring more people, and ramping up production.

The percentage of troubled US firms stands at about 37%, the pair of researchers said. That could lead to the Fed's rate hikes having some of the most devastating effects of any of its tightening cycles over the past four decades, they added. The full extent of the damage should become clearer over the next 18 months, they said.
https://markets.businessinsider.com/new ... ent-2023-6