Societal collapse

Read Navigator's book, How To Prepare For The Coming Storms,
for valuable detailed information on what what's coming.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/coming-storms-preparation

Re: Societal collapse

Post by Guest »

Ann Coulter: No biggie, just the end of civilization
Whatever you had planned to do for the rest of the day, please drop it and read this right now: Heather Mac Donald's new book, "When Race Trumps Merit: How the Pursuit of Equity Sacrifices Excellence, Destroys Beauty, and Threatens Lives."

It seems that in the hysteria that followed George Floyd's death in 2020, we agreed to destroy all of Western civilization -- law, music, art, education, policing, science and medicine -- to make up for black people not doing well on standardized tests.

Mac Donald cites not hundreds but thousands of institutions that have flung aside standards in order to more fully dedicate themselves to the sole, driving purpose of our nation: boosting black people's self-esteem.

To consider just one arena, I don't think you're going to like the medical care you'll be getting under the new regime. Just like in the wildly successful Soviet Union, science must be subordinated to politics, specifically "racial justice."

The American Medical Association, the American Association of Medical Colleges and the American Association of Pediatrics (AAP) have all agreed that medicine is racist.

The New England Journal of Medicine "presents a nonstop stream of articles on such topics as the 'Pathology of Racism,' 'Toward Antiracist Allyship in Medicine,' and 'How Structural Racism Works -- Racist Policies as a Root Cause of U.S. Racial Health Inequities,'" Mac Donald writes.

And "Scientific American produced a 'special collector's edition' on 'The Science of Overcoming Racism.'"

(It's fantastic that scientific organizations are finally dedicating themselves to something important like racism, and not something boring, like cancer or Alzheimer's disease -- Unpack your privilege!)

The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) aired a podcast in 2021 in which the deputy editor, Edward Livingston, suggested that inequities in medical care be addressed without accusing doctors of "racism." Both he and JAMA's editor in chief were promptly denounced and fired, the editor replaced with a black woman.

Black leaders now head the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, the Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Center, the University of Chicago Comprehensive Cancer Center, the University of Pittsburgh Division of Medical Hematology/Oncology, the Wake Forest School of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University's School of Pharmacy, the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, the Massey Cancer Center at VCU, the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine and the Department of Medicine at UCLA's medical school.

What could go wrong? Most of America's largest cities have black mayors, and everything is fine.

But at least your doctor will be able to diagnose your disease correctly and you won't die on the operating table, right? ... RIGHT? (Anybody else remember the affirmative action doctor who took Allan Bakke's place at the University of California Medical School at Davis and ended up killing his patients?)

In 2021, Mac Donald writes, "the average score for white applicants on the Medical College Admission Test was in the 71st percentile ... The average score for black applicants was in the 35th percentile -- a full standard deviation below the average white score."

Naturally, therefore, medical schools responded by dropping the MCAT for black and Hispanic students, offering them admission on the basis of their "strong appreciation of human rights and social justice," as the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai puts it.

Things don't get better at medical school, where black students again score a full standard deviation below white and Asian students on Step One of the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE). This is the test given after the second year of medical school to evaluate students' knowledge of anatomy, biochemistry, pharmacology, physiology and so on. It is multiple-choice and graded by computer.

Conclusion: The computer is racist. In January 2022, the USMLE dropped grades for Step One altogether and converted it to pass/fail.

On one hand, no one will get a bad grade. On the other hand, there will be no way to distinguish one medical student from another, whether black, white or Asian. Research laboratories, residencies, hospitals and medical centers, like the Mayo Clinic, will just have to roll the dice. (Playing hide-and-seek with the most promising scientific minds should turbo-charge medical discoveries!)

Luckily, learning to identify and treat disease isn't such a big deal at today's medical schools, anyway. Instead, the faculty are charged with teaching about "systems of power, privilege and oppression." More than half of the top 50 medical schools now require students to take courses in systemic racism, Mac Donald notes. I'm sure that will be a huge relief when doctors miss your brain tumor.

In 2021, the Howard Hughes Medical Institute announced that it would spend $2 billion ... to find a cure for brain cancer? Parkinson's disease? Heart disease? NO!!! The $2 billion would go to promoting "diversity and inclusion in science."

In 2022, the National Cancer Institute, funded by you, taxpayer, decided to change its mission from conquering cancer -- and really, who cares about that? FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS! -- to guess what? Yes!!! Promoting diversity! Instead of Outstanding Investigator Awards being granted solely on the basis of merit, the gender and race of the researchers would have to be considered.

All this has done wonders for the morale of doctors. Mac Donald quotes one cancer researcher: "It's the end of the road for me as a Jewish male doctor." A UCLA doctor told her that the smartest undergraduates in science labs are saying, "Now that I see what is happening in medicine, I will do something else."

In response to this dystopic future, Mac Donald asked an oncologist, "When would white and Asian male scientists fight back? How much longer would they continue to allow their hard work and accomplishments to be disparaged and sidelined?"

He emailed back: "We value our jobs. We need our jobs. Our peers will turn on us. Speak out, lose job forever, be quickly forgotten and abandoned."

That's why, Mac Donald says, it falls to the rest of us to never shut up about the tearing down of standards, to put forth "unapologetic defense(s) of color-blind standards," and to "relentlessly provide the data that explain the lack of racial proportionality in meritocratic institutions."

To paraphrase Orwell: If there is hope, it must lie in the uncancelable.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Guest wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:33 am
Ann Coulter: No biggie, just the end of civilization
Mac Donald cites not hundreds but thousands of institutions that have flung aside standards in order to more fully dedicate themselves to the sole, driving purpose of our nation: boosting black people's self-esteem.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 12:17 pm
These are my top 3 general characteristics of a civilization that is on the cusp of entering a dark age/has just entered a dark age (in other words, where I think we are right now):

1. Decline in societal standards
2. Functional failure of government
3. Lack of accountability

Each of these should be prefaced by the word extreme, which also applies to the present situation, in my opinion.
People are starting to recognize what is happening and what it means. Slowly and one by one. That's a good thing but it will be at least several decades before a bottom is reached. A tremendous amount of irreversible damage has already been done.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:21 pm
My number 1 indicator that the world has entered into a new dark age is the decline in life expectancy. Whether you need to look at every country is debatable. My belief is that looking at the hegemon is enough and probably the best indicator.
We are probably looking at a decline in life expectancy to third world conditions before this is over.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:42 pm
Back to civilizational collapse. My take has been when a civilization goes into that mode for whatever reason, the unthinkable becomes thinkable.
What I meant by unthinkable is that ideas that were previously considered unworthy for consideration (such as dropping standards in the medical profession) become normalized.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:42 pm
We hear some of the previously unthinkable nonsense coming from Bernanke's lips recently, as you have highlighted. For example, who would have thought 5 years ago that he would hold a "press conference" and babble inane nonsense about how savers won't get any interest until 2015 but they can buy a house or a stock and get some income that way? That was unthinkable in 2007. The intent of these press conferences in my opinion is to discuss abnormal and previously unthinkable situations and "normalize" them for public consumption.
Normalize meaning definition 4 (less usual use of the word).
normalize
verb
nor·​mal·​ize ˈnȯr-mə-ˌlīz
normalized; normalizing; normalizes
Synonyms of normalize
transitive verb

: to make (something) conform to or reduce (something) to a norm or standard
… a standard written language that by 1776 had become normalized in grammar, spelling, and pronunciation.
—E. D. Hirsch, Jr.
mathematics : to make (something) normal (as by a transformation of variables)
: to bring or restore to a normal condition
normalize relations between two countries
… soluble fibers that help to normalize blood sugar.
—Jane E. Brody
: to allow or encourage (something considered extreme or taboo) to become viewed as normal
Let's normalize real talk around mental health.
—Cynthia Fowler
… helping to normalize bullying and negative behaviors as acceptable forms of interaction …
—Helena Duch
Mothers around the world are still fighting to normalize breastfeeding in public.
—Angela Andaloro
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/normalize

There's a push to normalize practically anything that involves declining standards.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:22 pm
I think it has to be, at its root, an ethics problem. There are a lot of commonalities to, let's say, the pervasive belief that it is acceptable for an institution not to be Triple A, not to have pristine credit. It's become acceptable, even considered preferable, not to be or exhibit pristine anything on both an individual and institutional level.
Triple-A Ratings Are So Yesterday

February 5, 2020
6:21 PM ET
By Stacey Vanek Smith

A company's credit rating is a lot like a person's credit score. The better the score, the more easily—and cheaply—you can borrow money through the debt markets. The highest score a company can get is AAA. The lowest is D. And for many years, companies strove to get that AAA rating. It wasn't just the key to low borrowing rates, it was also a sign of solidity and reliability. And it came with serious bragging rights.

Back in the 80s, there were dozens of AAA-rated companies. Today, though, there are just two. Microsoft and Johnson & Johnson. That's it. Most other companies appear to have given up aiming for that AAA gold standard. They don't see the point. In fact, many companies seem quite happy to get a BBB-, which is the lowest rating that many investment companies will tolerate, and just one notch above a 'high-yield' or 'junk' rating.

How can this be? How is it that corporations have gotten okay with letting themselves go like this? We talk with Moody's Analytics Chief Capital Markets Economist John Lonski and Bloomberg Credit Reporter Claire Boston about what's changed in the bond market and why companies are content to get a passing grade.
https://www.npr.org/2020/02/05/80320194 ... -yesterday
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Post by Guest »

The idea that if we pandered to these people enough that they would become civilized is flawed. There is no record of them ever existing within a civilization. Even if we pander to them for another 100 years, put them in every TV commercial, put them in positions as federal judges and mayors and sprinkle them all over the boards of directors they will continue to be exactly what they are, and all it does is degrade our possibilities and ruin our bright future.

Post by Guest »

It's quite telling that we need to comment in 'code' to make such obvious observations...

Hi everyone

Post by Hi everyone »

1619 Guest wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:22 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:08 pm
Guest wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:03 pm

I think it is fair to say we have reached our 1453 moment.
The enemy is within. What's curious about your understanding is that it's not a good analogy, but effectively true nonetheless. The boomer and older "Americans" here are totally deluded. A dead man is "president", Goldman Sachs and others have run the country for decades, including the cousins in the media and hollywood, in conjunction with the CIA and other 3 letters. We bomb and start wars everywhere, and yet muh constitution while gay and some random religion/atheist judge of a certain persuasian (not to be mentioned, of course) legislates from the bench as the people vote on referenda against degeneracy. Yea, muh constitution
I'm always amazed how little resistance there is to the destruction of western culture.
How can any white person, at this moment, not realize that we are all on the chopping block. I was stunned when I listened to Biden's speech on white supremacy. Watching films and television means watching white people being villainized on an epic scale. Whites have become the final scapegoat. It is terrifying.

The collective West is falling apart. Drive across America, enter any city with a sizable minority population, and the rot is clear to see. I lived in Latin America 20004-2006, and what I encountered there was horrifying. Hispanic "culture" is completely backwards. Dishonesty is the norm. Violence is endemic. The last time I visited Iowa, everyone was speaking Spanish. Violence was everywhere, and I remember thinking: "This is Iowa?"

I love my country, but America is gone, finished, no more. I have lost hope.

Visit the UK, and see a true dystopia. The UK is worse than the US. Why have we allowed this? As recently as the 1980s, we would have pushed back HARD. If I had a white daughter, I wouldn't even consider visiting, let alone living, in the UK. Germany is no better, maybe even worse than the UK.

Now I am just waiting for WW3 to kill me.

tim

Post by tim »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6rk1mYiOAw
Dr. James Lindsay on Marxism

"Woke, a culture war against Europe"
this conference was organised by the "Identity and Democracy Foundation"
https://id-foundation.eu and MEP Tom Vandendriessche
at the European Parliament on the 30th of March 2023

Contents
--------------
00:00 The definition of Equity - woke is Maoism with western characteristics
02:10 Marxism is a genus of ideological thought, with many different species in this genus
bound together by intersectionality, but the logic is Marxist
04:35 Society produces man = inversion of praxis
08:00 Take out class, put in race: CRT falls out of the hat
11:00 How's Queer Theory Marxist ?
14:03 Cultural Marxism appears (or Western Marxism)
16:25 Herbert Marcuse said the working class is no longer base of the revolution, abandons tje working class and focuses on race, sexuality and culture
19:00 They see themselves as nations, evolved to attack the west
21:03 'Being white is bad, being white is oppressive'
22:02 The European Cultural Revolution to destroy western civilisation from within
24:00 Woke is Marxism evolved to attack the West, Europe is at great risk
26/20 The Goal is to make us global citizens: 17 sustainable goals (SDG) of UN = slavery
28:00 I have come to name the enemy
“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; - Exodus 20:5

Post by Guest »

“In intention, at any rate, the English intelligentsia are Europeanized. 
They take their cookery from Paris and their opinions from Moscow. In the 
general patriotism of the country they form a sort of island of dissident 
thought. England is perhaps the only great country whose intellectuals 
are ashamed of their own nationality. In left-wing circles it is always 
felt that there is something slightly disgraceful in being an Englishman 
and that it is a duty to snigger at every English institution, from horse 
racing to suet puddings. It is a strange fact, but it is unquestionably 
true that almost any English intellectual would feel more ashamed of 
standing to attention during ‘God save the King’ than of stealing from a 
poor box. All through the critical years many left-wingers were chipping 
away at English morale, trying to spread an outlook that was sometimes 
squashily pacifist, sometimes violently pro-Russian, but always 
anti-British.”

― George Orwell, England Your England

Post by Guest »

San Francisco used to be such a beautiful city. I visited after many years and was shocked at how much the city has degraded.

Is San Francisco a sign of what will happen to the rest of the country?

Post by Guest »

Breton wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:55 am
kjbg wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:04 am
Will there be a civil war in France? Any ideas?
I hope so. I want my daughters to live lives free of fear.

Vive la France!
Vive la Republique!
This aged well.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Guest wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:17 am
San Francisco used to be such a beautiful city. I visited after many years and was shocked at how much the city has degraded.

Is San Francisco a sign of what will happen to the rest of the country?
No, it's a sign of what will happen to a lot of the big cities.