Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Tom Mazanec

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Ukraine: The Tunnel at the End of the Light
February 28, 2023
By Robert Freeman
https://consortiumnews.com/2023/02/28/u ... the-light/
This is the tunnel at the end of the light, a multi-polar as opposed to a unipolar world. It means increasing isolation of the U.S. from the rest of the world, the closing in of options, the narrowing of opportunities, the loss of strategic primacy that once graced the greatest power in the history of the world.

It will mean dramatically reduced power and influence vis-à-vis the U.S.’ strategic adversaries, and markedly constrained ability to operate militarily, economically and financially in the world, what with the hot checkbook soon to be taken away.

In 20 or 30 years, the U.S. will still be a substantial regional power, perhaps like Brazil in South America, Iran in West Asia, or Nigeria in Africa. But it will not be the global hegemon it once was, able to project and inflict power in the world as it has done for the last century.

The U.S. abused its providential anointment as the exceptional nation. That abuse has been recognized, called out, and is now being acted against by most of the other nations of the world.

The future will be very different for the U.S. than it has been for the past 80 years, since the end of World War II when it towered over the rest of the world like a giant among pygmies. Ukraine will prove to have been the turning point in this transformation, the tunnel at the end of the light.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

More censoring? Curious, as the bish keeps the lies going, but remains unscathed here.

Tom Mazanec

Re: The light at the end of the tunnel

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Bob Butler wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:30 am
Tom Mazanec wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:36 am
Ukraine: The Tunnel at the End of the Light
February 28, 2023
By Robert Freeman
https://consortiumnews.com/2023/02/28/u ... -the-light
The future will be very different for the U.S. than it has been for the past 80 years, since the end of World War II when it towered over the rest of the world like a giant among pygmies. Ukraine will prove to have been the turning point in this transformation, the tunnel at the end of the light.
Or you could look at it as a typical crisis. There is a struggle, then the conservative faction collapses. The prediction seems to be that containment will fail. Like the last crisis, a few countries are taking on the rest of the world, and are getting bit partly by the rest of the world, but as much by themselves. This is play it again, Sam, a lack of recognition that taking on the economic centered majority of powers is a bad idea. Sure, there is a steep cost, but fighting a crisis war always has a significant cost. Compared to the last few crises, this is a small one.
But this time we have the technology to kill half or more of the human race. It may not be a small one for long.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

US Army Secretary Says US Preparing to Win a War With China Over Taiwan
Christine Wormuth says if the US enters a war with China, the US homeland could come under attack
by Dave DeCamp Posted onMarch 2, 2023
https://news.antiwar.com/2023/03/02/us- ... er-taiwan/

Wagner chief says his mercenaries have 'practically encircled' the Ukrainian city of Bakhmut with 'just one road remaining' as Putin closes in on first major success in six months
By CHRIS JEWERS FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 07:55 EST, 3 March 2023 | UPDATED: 04:06 EST, 4 March 2023
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... khmut.html

John

Post by John »

Saturday, March 04, 2023
Cool Breeze wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:47 pm
More censoring? Curious, as the bish keeps the lies going, but remains unscathed here.
Could you please explain what "the bish"
means? I realize that you constantly
refer to Butler as "the bish," but what
else does it mean, and what's its
derivation?

Anyway, both you and Butler are
constantly posting hate speech, each in
your own way. Since both of you are
intelligent enough not to do that, I've
come to assume that you do it simply to
annoy me, and you're certainly
successful at that. I constantly have
to make a judgment whether a given post
crosses the hate speech red line, and
that may depend on my mood, which
changes from day to day, hour to hour,
and sometimes minute to minute,
depending on what I've been seeing on
Fox News or CNN. And then I have to
decide whether the post should be moved
or deleted, and that's super-annoying.

Nonetheless, I've been thinking about
hate speech guidelines. The following
are vague first thoughts, and not
definitive:

* Let X be a demographic group
(Catholics, Jews, Americans, Trump
supporters, Russians, Chinese,
Uighurs, etc.).

* If you accuse some individual member
of X of being guilty of a crime, or of
conspiring to commit a crime, and
there is actual evidence, then it's
probably not hate speech.

* If you accuse a small group of
members of X, probably less than a
dozen or so, of forming a conspiracy
to commit a crime, and there is actual
evidence, then it's probably not hate
speech.

* If you accuse a large number of
members of X, or all of X, of
conspiring to commit a crime, or of
being inclined to commit the same or
similar crimes, then it probably IS
hate speech.

* But if that large group of members
is actually committing violence or
another crime, then it's probably war
or genocide, and your accusation is
probably NOT hate speech.

As I said, these are only first
thoughts, and do not take into account
something like Biden or Butler accusing
all Trump supporters of being Fascists
or White supremacists, and I consider
such accusations to be hate speech,
though not as severe as racist or
anti-Semitic speech. However, as I
said, it all depends on my mood. Hope
that helps!

Bob Butler

Hate Speech

Post by Bob Butler »

John wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:22 am
Anyway, both you and Butler are constantly posting hate speech, each in your own way. Since both of you are intelligent enough not to do that, I've come to assume that you do it simply to annoy me, and you're certainly successful at that.
Hmm…. My responses to Breeze are entirely to him and mostly in response to his posts to me. They are not to annoy you. He annoys me too. I would just as soon you enforce the already existing rule that posters do not address people who have requested they do not, as I have repeatedly requested Cool Breeze. I have had an idea that you support his hate speech in that you refuse to enforce the forum rules.

I note the Jan 6 defendants and some of Trump’s White House people likely enough have committed crimes. I have a dislike of the MAGA people in general for reasons recently reviewed. I have no particular hatred of the Chinese or Russian people as demographic groups, but their autocratic expansionists governments are certainly worthy of dislike, especially in the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

That leaves the Middle East as the other trouble spot, but what else is new? I'll just comment that few if any demographic groups like other demographic groups trying to impose their culture and control on others.

Other than that, OK.

John

Re: Hate Speech

Post by John »

Saturday, March 04, 2023
Bob Butler wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:58 am

Hmm…. My responses to Breeze are
entirely to him and mostly in response
to his posts to me. They are not to
annoy you. He annoys me too. I would
just as soon you enforce the already
existing rule that posters do not
address people who have requested they
do not, as I have repeatedly requested
Cool Breeze. I have had an idea that
you support his hate speech in that you
refuse to enforce the forum
rules.
Lol! It's amusing that both you and
Cool Breeze accuse the other of hate
speech, and me of ignoring the other's
hate speech, while excusing your own
hate speech. Such is human perversity,
as Lewis Carroll would say.

Just to be clear, I have never imposed
or even suggested some sort of mutually
imposed silence rule.

But exactly what are you proposing?
Suppose CB directs a post to you.
Exactly what do you want me to do?
Delete it? Move it? Either of those
would result in total chaos, in addition
to being super-super-annoying for me.

Update: By the way, if someone writes a
post to you that annoys you, then you don't
have to respond to it.

Bob Butler

Hate Speech

Post by Bob Butler »

John wrote:Generational Dynamics Forum Rules

This forum has only a moderate, but not unlimited, tolerance for personal attacks and disruptive behavior. And so moderating actions will be taken hopefully rarely, and usually only for a person who is being repeatedly abusive, repeatedly offensive, repeatedly using seven forbidden words, or repeatedly disruptive.

As a general rule, when A and B disagree about whether A is being offensive to B, then B's opinion is given higher precedence. If someone says, "Don't write to me again," then it's probably a good idea not to write to that person too often again, except perhaps to apologize or say goodbye.

Moderating actions might include the following: Deleting a post or moving it to the "Holding Pen" thread; putting a user "on moderation," meaning that none of his posts will appear until I approve them. Hopefully, these actions will be rare.

This thread is read-only, and the posts will be modified from time to time. If there are any comments or questions, post them in the "Moderately Speaking" thread, or send me e-mail.

Sincerely,

John

John J. Xenakis
E-mail: john@GenerationalDynamics.com
Web site: http://www.GenerationalDynamics.com
Forum: http://www.GenerationalDynamics.com/forum
This is OK as far as it goes, but could be made a bit stronger. I have requested not to be written to, but ignored. Perhaps replacing "probably a good idea" with something firmer? Perhaps you could follow through use of the "holding pen' or "on moderation", or if necessary by deletion.

After requesting Cool Breeze not address me, I resolved not to address him. I would repeat this if you do decide to enforce a stop to repeated hate speech.

Clarkmod

Post by Clarkmod »

Several repetitive posts more applicable to the thread Polyticks: Bob Butler's Perspective have been moved there.

Post by Guest »

New bill in Florida would make it de facto illegal, or at least too burdensome to bother, for individuals to write news articles about Florida government officials. The law would make an exception for newspapers and similar publications. Brought to you by Based Ron DeSantis.

This is not the behaviour of a ruling class that feels itself to be in control, but a ruling class flailing to get hold of a narrative that has spun out of control.

https://www.wfla.com/news/politics/flor ... the-state/

Sounds Alt-Right, before you even knew the word. Because I was there before it began. Anyone who thinks this is fire, has resigned their faculties and has already entirely surrendered free will, and is operating in like, will to power. You've lost sight, if this is libertarian. Our civilization; the West, is based on Truth and Testimony. It requires the restoration of free speech, freedom of defending yourself, freedom of associations, free will. The Pursuit of Happiness, was not a frivolity. And it was clearly emphasized by the gentleman in your USD$100 bills, that the pursuit of safety by subjection of freedoms, would lead to neither. It's clearly not the removal of mechanisms of self protection, but the creation of better ones. And definitely not, the promotion of regressive open invitations to tyrannical incursion into the freedoms and liberties of Americans. De Santos has baited Floridians and baited Americans into danger, with his nonsensical appels to a resurgence in Straussian nonsense vomited by would be political idealists who are really half read wisehats.

By purporting to tighten the restrictions into woke journalism. He's baited you into the swamp. Now you know.