Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
NoMansLand

Re: Financial topics

Post by NoMansLand »

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/marke ... cal-glitch

I apologize, not a sell off, but a wave of sell orders that prompted a halt to trading. I do not completely buy the glitch angle, but if someone more knowledgeable says its likely, well then. That's why I brought it here.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

2023 Prediction: The Fed’s Inflation Fight is FAR from over!
https://thegreatrecession.info/blog/202 ... from-over/
So, inflation will decrease generally to a lower rate of price inflation (disinflation, not deflation) in first part of year, but will bump up again during the early months of the year if energy keeps rising (which is impossible to be confident of one way or the other right now because of all the untested variables).

By the end of the year or in early 2024 inflation could take a seriously bad turn if the Fed’s crushing of production makes product shortages and even service shortages greater. What that will mean is that America’s standard of living starts to slide in 2023 where, by the end of the year we’ll start to feel we are living with a lot less but paying more to do it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:31 pm
2023 Prediction: The Fed’s Inflation Fight is FAR from over!
https://thegreatrecession.info/blog/202 ... from-over/
So, inflation will decrease generally to a lower rate of price inflation (disinflation, not deflation) in first part of year, but will bump up again during the early months of the year if energy keeps rising (which is impossible to be confident of one way or the other right now because of all the untested variables).

By the end of the year or in early 2024 inflation could take a seriously bad turn if the Fed’s crushing of production makes product shortages and even service shortages greater. What that will mean is that America’s standard of living starts to slide in 2023 where, by the end of the year we’ll start to feel we are living with a lot less but paying more to do it.
That's what is so weird about the whole "deflation" camp, which is just disinflation (for a time). They will crush productivity, thus lowered demand also means lower supply, constantly one being influenced by the other. And then the deflationistas seemingly can't foresee or won't predict the gov't intervening and printing huge amounts of money (injecting or juicing M2) in order to "solve the problems". LOL!

Inflation ... indeed.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Are the "dip buyers" going to get tired after the 4th attempt to take this piece of dookie market higher than 4100?

Who is buying into all of this "great news"? What a world.

richard5za

Post by richard5za »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:48 pm
Are the "dip buyers" going to get tired after the 4th attempt to take this piece of dookie market higher than 4100?

The trend is your friend is an old trading truth. Therefore we need to understand what is actually happening versus what I think should happen; the latter is a proven way to lose money.
So I am watching closely to try to see what is actually happening

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

richard5za wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:58 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:48 pm

The trend is your friend is an old trading truth. Therefore we need to understand what is actually happening versus what I think should happen; the latter is a proven way to lose money.
So I am watching closely to try to see what is actually happening
Fair enough. They are testing me here but I don't see it going any higher than 4080 or 4100 S&P. I could be wrong but am willing to sit tight through the tough times and stick with my thesis, that a big leg down comes in Feb/March/April as tightening continues and all news is more than just suboptimal for all the dip buyers. Can't figure out who these clowns are, lol

richard5za

Post by richard5za »

At present, 9.15 am ET Friday, this market doesn't appear to know what it wants to do. I think we will have a better view after FOMC next week

aeden

Post by aeden »

No, this started 2008 and 300 years of the EU zones insanitys bearing down on Taxpayers and the alleged Elite who struck the great game match again.
Overton window dressing is all that changed this month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D81ShBBbqJ4

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

richard5za wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:17 am
At present, 9.15 am ET Friday, this market doesn't appear to know what it wants to do. I think we will have a better view after FOMC next week
Either this is a bull trap, which is what I'm banking on, or they are going to the irrational max and trying to clear Cool Breeze out, haha. We'll see if they can do it. I won't be a true believer or worry at all until they bust through 4100, but it might happen.

I think earnings reports that are supbar and the market going up for now will make the FOMC comments hawkish again, and we descend to the 3800 level. But we shall see!

aeden

Post by aeden »

Two Companys control all inputs for order flow. Look for 42XX to end you.
H and a few others tried to warn you at the end of day if you left it on the table
thats your logic showing.