Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

aeden

Re: Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

Post by aeden »

Rheinmetall to Be Primary Customer.
The factory will be built and operated by a joint venture consisting of Rheinmetall and Hungarian state-owned N7 Holding.
Once built, the plant will be taken over by the Hungarian government. Rheinmetall will be the primary customer.
https://www.rheinmetall.com/en/rheinmet ... _37312.php

The first was his boss and the second was the drunk who ran the night shift.

In our case they fired the Boss who was a drunk also and the one who hired him upstream also and eliminated the night shift.
We retired them not already addressed in dignity and installed robotics when it transpired in real time.
After the 8.6 billion implosion the Pareto Paradox was in fashion to like what Elon is dealing with.

The best route is turpitude these days to incur damage.
Also, metrosexual incantations for the feeble-minded reprobates trying to instill a nepotist pathway.

This will undoubtedly unleash a new round of whistleblowers keen to reveal what they see as evidence of duplicity
and moral turpitude by their corporate masters. Dec 10, 2010, 11:08 AM EST

As when my Wife resigned from the College no compunction was past evident from the non-sapphists.
We just got a message from her Superior two days ago who resigned also as She is doing fine in her other endeavor from that education
node taxpayer funded failure ongoing.
I told her Family was more important and it blessed Her 11 years to care for her then recently diagnosed Mother.
Nothing can replace that. If we flame out, we stand our ground since 1979 of August.

You smell of smoke. That where He put me to fight the fire so you could escape.

For the others hope is gone as they went molek.
https://www.koin.com/news/portland/anti ... -portland/

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:35 am
Most everyone knows that there are some youtube users who have made videos, hit it big with millions of views and made a lot of money. It can't be said with certainty how many people are trying to replicate that or how many hours they are putting into trying, but let's assume for the sake of argument that for every one winner who hits the lottery and makes $2 million per year there are a thousand who try each year and don't. And let's say those thousand put in an average of $10,000 in productive effort before they realize it isn't going to work. That would mean that while $2 million per year comes out of the magical youtube cornucopia, $10 million worth of productive effort gets wasted trying. That's a net loss for those trying to cash in on the lottery economy.
Whereas the above is speculation that the lottery economy is operating at a loss in some areas, there are other areas we don't have to speculate about so much. In 1984, I started working for Frito-Lay, which was and is a division of PepsiCo. The company was in the process of making a large capital investment in packaging machines. The old machines put chips into the bags sequentially until the bag exceeded its net weight. Therefore, a customer was going to get some fraction of a chip over the net weight printed on the bag. It might amount to slightly over a gram of extra weight on average. The new machines had multiple heads, somewhere around 14, and the combination of 4, 5, or 6 heads that exceeded the net weight by the least amount was used to fill the bag. That meant that the overage was essentially going to disappear. This one plant was probably filling around 200 million bags per year and by saving a gram per bag, that was going to save around 440,000 pounds of product that the customers were previously getting in overage. Therefore, the justification in making the purchase was based on the savings of product. It was simply a transfer of value from the customer to the company, so the project was a complete waste of resources when the overall economy is considered, but a great use of resources for the company. The company had somewhere around 40 plants and this project was rolled out company-wide. It was probably the largest capital investment the company made in plant upgrades during the 3 years I was there. In today's dollars, a good guess might be $400 million was spent on this project company-wide.

As these machines were started up, quality control was finding a lot of underweights. Their procedure was to tare an empty bag off each line at the beginning of the shift, then go from line to line spot checking product. When underweights were found, entire skids were put on hold and, from time to time, the floor was packed with skids on hold. The procedure for skids put on hold was to open any bags that were shown to be underweight and repackage the product. When underweights continued to turn up, the suggested remedy was more training. Since the problem was mostly not lack of training or understanding on the part of machine operators, underweights continued to be found. There were about 40 management people in the plant in various capacities, but after a few days no solution had been found. That was the situation I walked into as a new supervisor on the night shift in quality control. I think anybody reading this would see the obvious thing to check. Since the overage was now in the range of small fractions of a gram, it would have made sense to tare another bag, as the rollstock could be varying in thickness enough to cause apparent underweights. That turned out to be the case about 70% of the time underweights were found.

I didn't know it in the first few days on the job or even the first few weeks, but the man who ran the night shift came in drunk many nights and would sit on the toilet in the third stall of the men's bathroom. When one of the supervisors would see his feet under the stall door, he would put the word out by saying "Stall three!" as he walked by another supervisor and the word would spread. I wasn't privy to that initially. One time a supervisor made a mark on the toilet paper to see if he was using any and the mark was still there when he left the stall.

In those early days, I continued to solve technical problems in the plant, mostly small ones but a few other big ones and got a reputation for that. My boss was on days and heard some of this. He warned me that would be used against me, as the stereotype used against people who had technical skills and actually solved problems was that they didn't have the "people skills" needed to do their jobs in a labor intensive business that had a lot of personnel issues. He warned me that I had two enemies in the plant who were going to use this tactic to try to get rid of me. The first was his boss and the second was the drunk who ran the night shift. I had already been warned by his boss that I was replacing a man who had been fired for not having the right "people skills" and the man who ran the other shift would have been fired but had quit before he could fire him.

After the warning from my boss, I had to lead a work group meeting on the night shift which the drunk attended. My boss told me the drunk had given feedback to the managers on the day shift, telling them I had been nervous and ineffective in leading the meeting. Meanwhile, my boss told me that his boss had stated I was not efficient because I was working too many hours (if I had worked "too few" of course he would have said I was not dedicated). My Dad was a different generation than parents today and he had already told me in so many words that losers can't quit jobs and come home to live in their parents' house, so I knew it was up to me to come up with a way to deal with this on my own.

It had become obvious to me that work at a large corporation had less to do with actual work and a more to do with polishing your image. Also, after hearing that the manufacturing VP from corporate was due in shortly to hear presentations from front line supervisors, it also became obvious that the drunk had been prepping for that event by setting an expectation in people's minds that I would be nervous when giving my presentation. That was a reasonable tactic, as there was a lot riding on those presentations for anyone who wanted to get a promotion or maybe just not get fired, as the company did fire a lot of front line staff. So I turned my attention to how to give the presentation in such a way to discredit him. I decided that I would casually step away from the podium while giving it and talk in a way that appeared extemporaneous instead of reading exclusively from notes, which is what everyone else did, and they appeared nervous when doing so. That seemed to work well and the feedback was positive, putting an end to that round of bullshit.

Based on the above specific example,

When things are going well for an organization such as a corporation that is making billions of dollars in yearly profit, that organization as a whole will not rise to its peak level of performance. Instead, its members will put their best efforts toward getting the greatest amount of the bounty provided by the organization for themselves with no concern about the consequences of this behavior. In the example cited above, if chaos on the packaging floor helps a certain individual get the greatest amount of bounty, that individual will typically not attempt to solve the problem and will opt to let the chaos continue to their benefit. If a specific individual doesn't have that focus, that individual will be forced by others to reorient to behaviors consistent with that focus in order to remain as a member of the organization.

Further,

Only when a crisis occurs that threatens the existence of the organization, it is possible to reverse this orientation because it is only at that point that each individual member of the group can realize that if the organization ceases to exist, nobody will be getting anything. With a corporation, that is getting more and more difficult to identify. In the past, it was possible to identify that a corporation was in a crisis that threatened its existence when it started showing losses that would predict the doors would be closed at such and such a time. Now that the Federal Reserve is providing bailouts, it is impossible for anyone to know whether the corporation they work for really is in a crisis. Therefore, even if a real crisis is in the making, informed individuals may not alter their behavior in time thinking that yet another Federal Reserve bailout is likely in the cards.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

This was in 1941, 11 days after the attack on Pearl Harbor. That got their attention and they were ready. Will we be ready this time? That doesn't just mean whether we'll be ready for an attack, but for anything that threatens the existence of the United States.
Two days later, on 18 December, the new OSRD S-1 Section held its first meeting, a session "pervaded an atmosphere of enthusiasm and urgency." Conant explained again the decision to proceed with the development of the bomb and stressed the necessity of a maximum effort. His words were seconded by Ureyand Pegram, recently returned from England, who described British progress on the gaseous diffusion method of isotope separation and in experiments with heavy water. They also emphasized that Britain greatly feared Germany might produce atomic bombs before the Allies.
https://history.army.mil/html/books/011 ... _11-10.pdf
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:36 pm
Higgenbotham wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:45 pm
Account value often follows Elliott Wave. Below is my account value for the past 6 months. The big spikes down near the beginning and end are where I drew money out. Between the days where I drew money out 5 waves up are marked in red, with wave 3 being the longest in time and greatest in increase. The wave 4 drawdown is where I started going short at 4100 too early as discussed here at that time.

After making 5 waves up, it's time to be cautious because a big correction can come. Right now I think about what would be a conservative amount to trade, then I cut that in half. This is can be seen at the beginning of April and this month, where equity grew very slowly as I got more conservative trying to avoid a big correction.

I've hit the supplemental income lottery 3 times this year. The first 2 times are shown above. The continuation of that chart is shown below. Tomorrow I plan to draw the excess out of my account and take it down to the baseline level from late September.

What will next year bring? In the lottery economy, it's hard to say.

I drew the excess out Friday and took it back down to the baseline. I don't have any positions now but have a couple strategies in mind for my next attempt to be a winner in the lottery economy. Paying close attention to and understanding manipulation and fraud seems to be my best strategy lately for cashing in on the lottery economy. I may show some examples as they come up. There was a good one on Friday; well, probably more than one but one that I saw.

aeden

Post by aeden »

We took it off the table also. Insourcing to Nafta zone is the buffer. As indicated in real time they moved the
line to China since the true Jihad was the poisoned Muslim girl dipping electronic boards to the global nut cases consumers and product line
luntics systems amended later. As warned then the clear cuts for pulp in paper chemicals was also an issue as the global fools depleted the oxygen oceans levels tracked by imaging. Blaming it on CO2 into the Ocean as millions of tons of chemical agents from WW2 and mega citys barges were flatly ignored. The project reclaimed billions of tons of discharge from the cationic polymer also sprayed on dead tailing piles also from the solid's reclamations.
Doctor Steve from Rudgers now passed also helped discern regional implementations also with others also.
The other polymers sold to the Norwegians help other issues still unknown but that's how it works. That capex went into engineered materials tech.
The current admins are smart enough to follow up on orange man bad supply chain redirects. The rest is bull shit from retrograde agency issue retards.

Things are clotting up in real time as indicated by linkages already discerned here also.
https://tomluongo.me/2023/01/05/turkiye ... yria-head/

The traditional answer to world financial trauma is to have the USA make the payoffs through gold or more recently inflation.
Today there is little room for maneuver in our finances.
In 1907 we spent 7% of our GDP on government.
Today it is about 46%. There is nothing left for the banks to steal. tyler

Malmisdis chaos agents now run the planet as demsheviks body farm fools did tell.
Last edited by aeden on Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:37 am
This was in 1941, 11 days after the attack on Pearl Harbor. That got their attention and they were ready. Will we be ready this time? That doesn't just mean whether we'll be ready for an attack, but for anything that threatens the existence of the United States.
Two days later, on 18 December, the new OSRD S-1 Section held its first meeting, a session "pervaded an atmosphere of enthusiasm and urgency." Conant explained again the decision to proceed with the development of the bomb and stressed the necessity of a maximum effort. His words were seconded by Ureyand Pegram, recently returned from England, who described British progress on the gaseous diffusion method of isotope separation and in experiments with heavy water. They also emphasized that Britain greatly feared Germany might produce atomic bombs before the Allies.
https://history.army.mil/html/books/011 ... _11-10.pdf
That’s not the way we remember it now. We imagine that everything changed overnight. But, as the historian Richard W. Steele carefully documented, by early 1942, only two months after the attack, members of the Roosevelt Administration were already worrying that the public had lost interest. On February 16, Time ran a story with the headline, “THE PEOPLE: Smug, Slothful, Asleep?” It catalogued a list of warnings expressed by everyone from Eleanor Roosevelt to James Landis, the executive head of Civil Defense, to Edward R. Murrow that, as Murrow put it, Americans “do not fully appreciate the need for speed … do not quite understand that if we delay too long in winning the victory we will inherit nothing but a cold, starving embittered world… Already there are signs that we’re coming to accept slavery and suppression as part of the pattern of living in this year of disgrace.” General Johnson was more succinct: “The general public . . . simply does not seem to give a tinker’s dam.”
https://time.com/6125923/america-wrong- ... rl-harbor/

aeden

Post by aeden »

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Lenin+was+for ... war&ia=web
A bridge to far was a good lesson ignored. Never one exact event was offered. As noted in 1918 file one did and relayed
accurately what was to be. We lost Family also but made it to save who we could as we see today.
Lenin in fact hated Russians and Russia - by a quoting from his personal correspondence.

unconfirmed
Soledar is encircled. Krasna Hora is next. Bakhmut is about to fall.
They are throwing mechanics and cooks into the cauldron there.
When that area falls, that is the beginning of the end of the battle for Donbass.

https://www.occrp.org/en/the-pandora-pa ... ner-circle
I am not on either side just the fact the dead deserve all the truth.

Dnieper as DMZ is best guess for some as we are.
No clue rather sceptical on that note.
The Andropov plan and back to Stalin as the strategy of tension lingers on.

For some context.

“He came from a poor Jewish family and was, according to his baptismal certificate, the son of Moses Blank, a native of (the western Ukrainian city of) Zhitomir,” Ulyanova wrote in a 1932 letter to Josef Stalin, who succeeded Lenin after his death in 1924.
“Vladimir Ilych had always thought of Jews highly,” she wrote. “I am very sorry that the fact of our origin – which I had suspected before – was not known during his lifetime
Lenin from reports of those around him was slowly going insane from syphilis. This was covered up by the Communist’s for years. The below is one of the last photo’s taken of him still alive. From reports this photo was hidden away for many years as well...

https://web.archive.org/web/20150306130 ... 8_orig.jpg

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:02 pm
I would like to live where there is a functional state government, for now, and have been in Texas for 17 years. Once things go completely to hell in a handbag, I think it would be better to be in a place that has as little government as possible at the state and local level.

https://bigthink.com/strange-maps/hutte ... h-america/

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:32 pm
Another thing that relates to that is there is a moral code in rural areas versus a moral code in urban areas. I witnessed this conflict as I grew up. My grandparents spent their entire lives in a rural area; my parents spent until age 18 in a rural area and 34 working years in a city. They couldn't wait to get the hell out. As kids, my sister and I went back to their home every year and were immersed in rural culture for a week. I think part of the huge divide in this country has to do with the fact that more and more families have spent several generations in the city and have not been exposed to rural culture in any meaningful way at all, as my sister and I were.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 1:06 am
I said there are two opposite modes of living in the United States. The first is an expectation that you will spend your entire life in one area with other people who will spend their entire lives in that area. The second is an expectation that you will go to high school in one place, college in another place, then career in several places (no longer at one company) with sole focus on that. Everything else is something in between. The first mode engenders real connections while the second mode engenders transactional relationships. An example of a transactional relationship would be something like, "I have a buddy who is also 420 friendly. He finds me really good dope cheap and I fix all his computers." The best example of a transactional encounter I can think of is prostitution. Also, in a big city, encounters are briefer. That's not to say there isn't some overlap.

I told her in the second mode of living, people are taught from an early age to look to the next step in their progression and to primarily engage in transactional relationships as a means to get to that next step. A high school kid might be told to be friendly to the teachers because they will be writing college recommendations or whatever. They would not be encouraged to be friendly to teachers they genuinely like and not be friendly to teachers they genuinely do not like. And so on when the kid gets to college. I should add as an aside that girls are better at that than boys. I told her that while coping with the stress of getting from step to step, people who find themselves in the same boat will bond somewhat. But they know those bonds are likely temporary and will be broken when they get to the next step unless there is a practical reason to keep them. I also told her that people who have lived in transactional relationship mode for several generations do not even know how to live differently and can't. Many do not understand what a real connection is.

He argues that the key faultline in Britain and elsewhere now separates those who come from Somewhere – rooted in a specific place or community, usually a small town or in the countryside, socially conservative, often less educated – and those who could come from Anywhere: footloose, often urban, socially liberal and university educated. He cites polling evidence to show that Somewheres make up roughly half the population, with Anywheres accounting for 20% to 25% and the rest classified as “Inbetweeners”.

A key litmus test to determine which one of these “values tribes” you belong to is your response to the question of whether Britain now feels like a foreign country. Goodhart cites a YouGov poll from 2011 that found 62% agreed with the proposition: “Britain has changed in recent times beyond recognition, it sometimes feels like a foreign country and this makes me uncomfortable.” Only 30% disagreed. A 2014 survey found a similar breakdown when asked if “people led happier lives in the old days”.

For Goodhart, the data confirms his belief that Anywhere and Somewhere describe real groups, the latter characterised by an unease with the modern world, a nostalgic sense that “change is loss” and the strong belief that it is the job of British leaders to put the interests of Britons first. Anywheres, meanwhile, are free of nostalgia; egalitarian and meritocratic in their attitude to race, sexuality and gender; and light in their attachments “to larger group identities, including national ones; they value autonomy and self-realisation before stability, community and tradition”. Unsurprisingly, Goodhart’s Somewhere/Anywhere distinction maps neatly on to the leave/remain divide. Indeed, the evidence he presents makes the victory of leave over remain seem all but foretold: the only surprise is that the winning margin of 52% to 48% was so narrow.

Given that result, which meant British liberals and internationalists lost something they regard as precious – British membership of the EU – the self-critical progressive will surely want to reflect on where they went wrong, how they found themselves out of step with a majority of their fellow citizens. There can be little escape from the damning conclusion that, when faced with the chasm in attitudes Goodhart charts, especially on immigration, liberals chose to put their fingers in their ears and sing la, la, la. The revulsion that greeted his own 2004 essay, and the ostracism that followed, were part of that reaction, born of a collective desire on the liberal left to hope that if they closed their eyes and branded the likes of Duffy as “bigoted”, the problem might just go away.
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/ ... e-politics