Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by John »

August 5th 2022 - what is China up to?

in response to pelosi's visit to taiwan, China is flooding the airspace around Taiwan with war planes, is blockading Taiwan on all sides with dozens of warships,is sending ballistic missiles over taiwan, and is separate severing many regular contacts with American institutions.

to my eyes, this looks like nothing so much as the last minute preparations for war. this would mean that China's war on Taiwan coild occur in the next few days or weeks.

on the other hand, the chaos could be could have some entirely different purpose. maybe it means nothing more than what the analysts are saying - an all-out attempt to intimidate taiwan. who knows?

by the way, I don't believe that China's chaotic response to pelosi's visit was really caused by pelosi's visit. I consider it much more likely that China wanted to lunch the chaotic response, and waited for something that they could use as an excuse.

so what is China up to?

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

John,

Glad you are well enough to post. Hope you are recovering quickly and that things are improving for you.

As for China, I think the economic situation is forcing their hand. They cannot wait until the economy actually implodes and THEN start the war. Their population would see through that.

So they have grabbed onto the Pelosi visit as an excuse to dramatically increase actions.

The reason their hand is being forced is due to the banking meltdown.
Here is a link to a good video on what is going on. Please watch the other videos put out by this person on Youtube before the CCP has them completely banned.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsIOYAI2D1k

While these are frightening developments (economic and military), they are what has been predicted here.

In a way it is good that the Chinese hand is being forced, in that they are not on their desired timetable. They may have to engage before all preparations are made and readied. Hopefully this will help the Taiwanese.

America (nor its politicians) has not started this. Nor did we cause the Ukraine mess.

However, once this starts, as I have pointed out before, the Democratic party is going to be seen as the "owner" of Global War, Economic Disaster, and even Starvation. All in the USA.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

John wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:17 pm
So what is China up to?
China has far more often talked about and threatened violence than actually used it. Of late, India, Russia, Australia, Japan, the US and Taiwan have been among their targets. If they were being serious, they would be putting their tanks in seaports rather than "preventing invasion" by putting them by their own beaches. Thus, they are being political, distracting from something else. I would guess it is their economic headaches, the failure of their real estate and banking industries.
Last edited by Bob Butler on Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

Bob Butler wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:27 pm
John wrote:
So what is China up to?
China has far more often talked about and threatened violence than actually used it. Of late, India, Russia, Australia, Japan and Australia have been among targets. If they were being serious, they would be putting their tanks in seaports rather than "preventing invasion" by putting them by their own beaches. Thus, they are being political, distracting from something else. I would guess it is their economic headaches, the failure of their real estate and banking industries.
This. There would be no point in attacking Taiwan unless the troops were ready to invade. Something like that would take weeks to arrange and couldn't be hidden. I agree that this is more likely to be for domestic consumption than an actual plan to invade.

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

John wrote:

in response to pelosi's visit to taiwan, China is flooding the airspace around Taiwan with war planes, is blockading Taiwan on all sides with dozens of warships,is sending ballistic missiles over taiwan, and is separate severing many regular contacts with American institutions.

to my eyes, this looks like nothing so much as the last minute preparations for war. this would mean that China's war on Taiwan coild occur in the next few days or weeks.

on the other hand, the chaos could be could have some entirely different purpose. maybe it means nothing more than what the analysts are saying - an all-out attempt to intimidate taiwan. who knows?

by the way, I don't believe that China's chaotic response to pelosi's visit was really caused by pelosi's visit. I consider it much more likely that China wanted to lunch the chaotic response, and waited for something that they could use as an excuse.

so what is China up to?
I heard a theory posited that the US was aware of an imminent invasion of Taiwan and used a visit by Pelosi as an excuse to send US warships into the area, without alerting the rest of the world to the real game at hand. Interesting POV.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

Post by Guest »

Xeraphim1 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:51 am
NoMansLand wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:37 am
Tom Mazanec wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:12 am
and one that should interest Israel very much...
Analysis: Iran now speaking openly on nuclear bomb prospects
By JON GAMBRELL
yesterday
https://apnews.com/article/middle-east- ... 9db48cbedc
That one worries many more folks than Israel. Iran aspires to be the shot caller for the entire middle east, and none of their neighbors want that. It is my opinion that the Iranians have at least one bomb already developed and manufactured. If this is so, I imagine it would be kept just far enough from functional to satisfy the clerics fatwa but could undergo final assembly and arming very quickly once that is rescinded.

A very long time ago (2 years) when a few of the Arab nations started normalizing relations with Israel I thought something was odd about the timing. I believe Trump was able to leverage those nations by showing them just how far along the Persians really were.
The bigger problem is that if Iran actual goes nuclear, it won't be alone. Saudi Arabia would pump money into getting its own nuclear weapons as quickly as possible. UAE may do the same.
Saudi Arabia financed Pakistan's nuclear program with the understanding that nukes would be handed over upon request.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Fears Of New Nagorno-Karabakh War Loom, Despite Presence Of Russian Troops
Tyler Durden's Photo
BY TYLER DURDEN
FRIDAY, AUG 05, 2022 - 02:27 PM
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... ian-troops

Palestinian Islamic Jihad fires over 160 rockets from Gaza into Israel
The rocket attacks were carried out hours after a senior Islamic Jihad terrorist was killed in a targeted Israeli Air Force airstrike in northern Gaza.
By ARIELLA MARSDEN Published: AUGUST 5, 2022 20:58
Updated: AUGUST 6, 2022 12:34
https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-714038

Taiwan and Ukraine aren't the only tripwires in the world. As my pal Ed Langley said back in the Good Old Days of Y2K we have so many tripwires it is a wonder we have not tripped more often.

Back to the current hot war:
100,000 North Korean soldiers could be sent to bolster Putin’s forces fighting Ukraine
https://www.news.com.au/world/europe/10 ... d9fa38dff0
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

John wrote:

so what is China up to?
Thanks John, and Navigator too!
They took the S China Sea by claiming it and then building islands. It worked.
Now they've recently claimed the Taiwan straight and nobody paid attention. They currently occupy it. Odds on Navigator's prediction of taking the Islands comes true soon.
And then continue expanding outward, taking and threatening. All the while claiming the moral high ground citing historical grievances. All the while building up for the inevitable conflict which could happen anytime during the process. When it happens we know not but that it will happen we know with almost absolute certainty. They'll try to take the island without a fight to save strength for the real battle.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Xeraphim1 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:07 pm
Bob Butler wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:27 pm
John wrote:
So what is China up to?
China has far more often talked about and threatened violence than actually used it. Of late, India, Russia, Australia, Japan and Australia have been among targets. If they were being serious, they would be putting their tanks in seaports rather than "preventing invasion" by putting them by their own beaches. Thus, they are being political, distracting from something else. I would guess it is their economic headaches, the failure of their real estate and banking industries.
This. There would be no point in attacking Taiwan unless the troops were ready to invade. Something like that would take weeks to arrange and couldn't be hidden. I agree that this is more likely to be for domestic consumption than an actual plan to invade.
I'm agreeing with BB and Xeraphim1 on this. Nice.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Guest wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:19 am
Xeraphim1 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:51 am
NoMansLand wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:37 am

That one worries many more folks than Israel. Iran aspires to be the shot caller for the entire middle east, and none of their neighbors want that. It is my opinion that the Iranians have at least one bomb already developed and manufactured. If this is so, I imagine it would be kept just far enough from functional to satisfy the clerics fatwa but could undergo final assembly and arming very quickly once that is rescinded.

A very long time ago (2 years) when a few of the Arab nations started normalizing relations with Israel I thought something was odd about the timing. I believe Trump was able to leverage those nations by showing them just how far along the Persians really were.
The bigger problem is that if Iran actual goes nuclear, it won't be alone. Saudi Arabia would pump money into getting its own nuclear weapons as quickly as possible. UAE may do the same.
Saudi Arabia financed Pakistan's nuclear program with the understanding that nukes would be handed over upon request.
That's interesting, and sounds likely.