Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Tom Mazanec

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Nancy Pelosi May Use Submarine To Enter Taiwan – ‘Hawkish’ Chinese Commentator Takes A Jibe At US
By
Ashish Dangwal
August 1, 2022
In response to reports that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi might travel to Taiwan, China has issued the sternest warning threatening to shoot down her plane if she flies to Taiwan.
https://eurasiantimes.com/nancy-pelosi- ... er-taiwan/

China releases ‘war video’ as Pelosi touches down…
Posted by Kane on August 1, 2022 11:35 am
https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/c ... ches-down/

Pelosi expected to visit Taiwan, Taiwanese and US officials say
By Eric Cheung, Kylie Atwood, Alex Rogers and Kevin Liptak, CNN
Updated 2:29 PM ET, Mon August 1, 2022
https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/01/politics ... index.html

Taiwan cancels leave of some soldiers ‘to immediately prepare for war’
by Cami Mondeaux, Breaking News Reporter | | August 01, 2022 09:49 AM
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poli ... repare-war

Vladimir Putin caught on camera unable to use right arm
BANG Showbiz - Yesterday 7:01 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/vl ... r-AA10ajzZ
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

JDav

Post by JDav »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:41 pm

That (R) is largely useless isn't my debate. My prediction still stands. The left, including the likes of bobby bish on this board, is insane and crazy, and has chaotic/destructive policies. That's explanation enough to turn a midterm election to the so called conservatives.
In a normal world, I agree with you. R's should pick up 35 - 40 seats in the House and at least 55-45 in the Senate. Over the years I've watched them too many times snatch defeat from the jaws of victory to put any money on it, though.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

JDav wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:30 pm
Regardless of the Age, wealth and power are still the prime motivators. You talk as if the Information Age will usher in some new, peaceful period where there won't be autocratic rulers, yet where none of us will own anything and be happy about it. Do you not see the near monopolistic power that Google, Facebook, et al, wield in the dissemination of information? And that they use that power overwhelmingly to benefit their political friends on the left? They actually collude with the Russias and Chinas of the world to censor average citizens from expressing/sharing views. Sorry, humans and human nature do not change, just the tools at their disposal.
Do you perceive the ages at all? Can you see the pattern we are in today is not hunter gatherer?

While I do see Russia and China as playing a major role in the current crisis, I see something being done about too powerful corporations in the next crisis. Just looking at the news, they are not the big centers of the current conflict. I won’t argue that the aren’t a problem, but maybe four score and seven years downstream they will be the biggest unsolved problem and get the attention.

Trump? R’s? In abortion, guns, prejudice and similar issues they stand for the older traditional rural minority values. Trump just reacted to the first black president, managing to capitalize by dumping the subtlety and being more blatant about it. To this he has added the insurrection issues, the notion that the various old values are more important than democracy. Ahem. I disagree. The majority holds the progressive urban values. Trump’s insurrection plots are just looking to trigger an urban secular rejection of what Trump stands for, namely Trump.

The crisis is different for the US than for other civilizations. I see Trump as reviving little ‘d’ democracy, revitalizing a populist patriotism in response to his criminal insurgency. Abroad, the US learned the hard way in recent decades they can’t transform the Middle East by force. The western nations have accepted those who can adapt to western values through immigration, and left those who are dedicated to autocracy and tribalism to stew in their own juices. Russia and China have been contained, but they are collapsing due to their own mistakes, not by direct plots by the West. The West didn't invade Ukraine or build ghost stuff they didn't need.

Western civilization has just adapted better to modern technology.

As usual, I see the progressive faction winning the crisis, but also wouldn’t be surprised by a the conservatives morphing into something else. If the Union quashed slavery in the Civil War, KKK anybody? The triumph of the crisis doesn’t last. I expect two steps forward in the crisis, one step back in the high.

Again, I agree that overly influential and powerful corporations leaves us with lots to do next crisis.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

This Is What Will Happen To The U.S. Economy When We Go To War With China
August 1, 2022
http://themostimportantnews.com/archive ... with-china
As I have discussed previously, just about every industry in the United States relies on equipment that contains computer chips.

If the flow of chips from Taiwan is eliminated, the entire global economy would come to a crashing halt.

I am not just talking about a recession or a depression.

I am talking about an economic collapse on a scale that most people would not be able to comprehend right now.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Yeah, I have laid off the inflation links to give him a break.

utahbob

Post by utahbob »

Just a quick note, it looks like the Ukrainian Army is starting its big push in the South. This will try to secure the South, protecting Odesa, possibly severing the land link to Crimea, and starve it of water by capturing the North Crimean Canal that feeds out of the Dinpro River. I give the Ukrainian Army good odds of pushing the Russians back and taking the Canal. They might be able to swing behind Kherson to encircle it and starve the Russian out. Urban warfare is a meat grinder and Ukraine is not in the position to lose manpower sacking Kherson. Even odds on severing the land bridge between Crimea and Donbas. The HiMARS strikes were the starting stage to starve the Russian artillery and logistics.
https://www.geopoliticalmonitor.com/bac ... in-crimea/

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

It's now become clear that for Biden and his insane clown posse, "being tough" on China means intentionally crossing red lines in hopes of starting World War III.

If we didn't lose the moral high ground to China before, we have now.

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

utahbob wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:28 pm
Just a quick note, it looks like the Ukrainian Army is starting its big push in the South. This will try to secure the South, protecting Odesa, possibly severing the land link to Crimea, and starve it of water by capturing the North Crimean Canal that feeds out of the Dinpro River. I give the Ukrainian Army good odds of pushing the Russians back and taking the Canal. They might be able to swing behind Kherson to encircle it and starve the Russian out. Urban warfare is a meat grinder and Ukraine is not in the position to lose manpower sacking Kherson. Even odds on severing the land bridge between Crimea and Donbas. The HiMARS strikes were the starting stage to starve the Russian artillery and logistics.
https://www.geopoliticalmonitor.com/bac ... in-crimea/
Most of the bridges over the Dnipro are now impassible to heavy vehicles or trains mostly cutting off the Russian forces there from supply. The question is how long they can hold out before they have to retreat on foot. This is also drawing Russian forces away from Donbas where it has not achieved much in the past few weeks.

I expect Ukraine to retake Kherson in the next 2-4 weeks.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Global focus has shifted to the Pacific. Military planners should be aware we hope. It's now the A game time.

Post by Guest »

DaKardii wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:47 pm
It's now become clear that for Biden and his insane clown posse, "being tough" on China means intentionally crossing red lines in hopes of starting World War III.

If we didn't lose the moral high ground to China before, we have now.
How have we lost the moral high ground? :roll: