Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Guest »

Pope Francis Says NATO Started War in Ukraine by ‘Barking at Putin’s Door’
CONSPIRACY THEORIES
The pontiff defended Putin and claimed—without foundation—that it was “others who created the conflict” in Ukraine.
Francis veered toward conspiracy theory as he blamed the international community for instigating the war. “You cannot think that a free state can make war on another free state,” he said. “In Ukraine, it seems that it was others who created the conflict. I am pessimistic but we must do everything possible to stop the war.” The pope then said that in a state visit to Rome by Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban, he was told “the Russians have a plan, that everything will end on May 9” without giving any further explanation. May 9 is the day Russia celebrates its liberation and the end of World War II.
So the head of the Russian Orthodox Church and the Roman Catholic Pope have both wrecked themselves.

Good.

Re: Supreme Court

Post by Guest »

JDav wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 7:14 am

Nor do I want to live in a theocracy. Nothing I said in my post is advocacy for one. I infer from your reply that you believe the only evil our government ever perpetrated was by GWBush. Is that correct? You don't even mention his worst evil - his support and encouragement (then as today) of our broken immigration system that has caused untold misery through the effects of human trafficking and drug smuggling, all in the name of cheap, exploitable labor, and increased power & profit for his ilk, on both sides of the political aisle.
Yes, open borders is just one more of G.W. Bush's evils.
You say you're pro-choice. Is that a feel-good slogan you utter so you can "fit in" with your friends, or do you fully understand the medical meaning of the word?

Pro (in favor of) - Choice (let's call a spade a spade; the only "choice" we're talking about is a woman's right to choose to abort, or terminate, her pregnancy). Terminate (end) her pregnancy (living offspring gestating in a mother's womb). Terminating something that is alive is killing it. In the human context, gestating offspring in the mother's womb is a fancy way of saying "unborn child".

So, instead of telling yourself that you're pro-choice, be honest and tell yourself, "I'm in favor of a mother's right to kill the unborn baby in her womb." You may not "think" it, but that's what the god (demon) of child sacrifice is all about. And, our society has come up with a pretty way of describing it, which makes it even easier for him to collect his tribute. If you, and others, spoke more clearly about exactly what you support, there would be far less of it going on in the world. At least, I hope.
I am pro-death. Women do not have abortions as a religious act, but to avoid having an unwanted child that could be the result of rape, incest, or by a deadbeat. or maybe she is just too poor to afford a baby? That you see abortion as a religious human sacrifice says a lot about your mentality. It is also why secular government is not only good, but necessary.
I neither judge nor condemn you, nor even try to convert you - it's not my job. But you illustrate perfectly my reasoning - if half the people in this country think as you do then this is not a country and a way of life worth fighting for, at least for me. So, put the Ukrainian flag on your FB profile pic, or a Russian, American, or Chinese flag, or a pussy hat for all I care.
I don't use social media at all. If i were to jump on the band wagon, as you claim, then I would be pro-choice but anti-death penalty, or anti-abortion and pro-death penalty.
I take the road less travelled.

There are temporal AND spiritual consequences for all our thoughts, words, and actions. You suffer yours; I'll suffer mine.
You want everyone to suffer yours. I allow for choice. You do not. That is the difference.

Amen.

JCP

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

It is worse than that.
At least the people sacrificing their children to Moloch thought they were giving up something (children were the safety net of the ancient world) to a Higher Being. We are just killing babies for convenience.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 8:06 am
It is worse than that.
At least the people sacrificing their children to Moloch thought they were giving up something (children were the safety net of the ancient world) to a Higher Being. We are just killing babies for convenience.
Actually, they're still sacrificing them for self, which isn't much different.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

JDav

Post by JDav »

Guest wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 7:30 am
JDav wrote:

Nor do I want to live in a theocracy. Nothing I said in my post is advocacy for one. I infer from your reply that you believe the only evil our government ever perpetrated was by GWBush. Is that correct? You don't even mention his worst evil - his support and encouragement (then as today) of our broken immigration system that has caused untold misery through the effects of human trafficking and drug smuggling, all in the name of cheap, exploitable labor, and increased power & profit for his ilk, on both sides of the political aisle.
You say you're pro-choice. Is that a feel-good slogan you utter so you can "fit in" with your friends, or do you fully understand the medical meaning of the word?

Pro (in favor of) - Choice (let's call a spade a spade; the only "choice" we're talking about is a woman's right to choose to abort, or terminate, her pregnancy). Terminate (end) her pregnancy (living offspring gestating in a mother's womb). Terminating something that is alive is killing it. In the human context, gestating offspring in the mother's womb is a fancy way of saying "unborn child".

So, instead of telling yourself that you're pro-choice, be honest and tell yourself, "I'm in favor of a mother's right to kill the unborn baby in her womb." You may not "think" it, but that's what the god (demon) of child sacrifice is all about. And, our society has come up with a pretty way of describing it, which makes it even easier for him to collect his tribute. If you, and others, spoke more clearly about exactly what you support, there would be far less of it going on in the world. At least, I hope.
I am pro-death. Women do not have abortions as a religious act, but to avoid having an unwanted child that could be the result of rape, incest, or by a deadbeat. or maybe she is just too poor to afford a baby? That you see abortion as a religious human sacrifice says a lot about your mentality. It is also why secular government is not only good, but necessary.
I neither judge nor condemn you, nor even try to convert you - it's not my job. But you illustrate perfectly my reasoning - if half the people in this country think as you do then this is not a country and a way of life worth fighting for, at least for me. So, put the Ukrainian flag on your FB profile pic, or a Russian, American, or Chinese flag, or a pussy hat for all I care.
I don't use social media at all. If i were to jump on the band wagon, as you claim, then I would be pro-choice but anti-death penalty, or anti-abortion and pro-death penalty.

There are temporal AND spiritual consequences for all our thoughts, words, and actions. You suffer yours; I'll suffer mine.
You want everyone to suffer yours. I allow for choice. You do not. That is the difference.

Amen.

JCP
Don't know how you got "You want everyone to suffer yours" out of "You suffer yours, I'll suffer mine," but thanks for admitting that you are pro-death. The problem with your viewpoint is that, once you grant that one person has power over deciding the life/death of another, where does it stop? You will not be the final arbiter of who has power over who's life or death. Again, you illustrate the reasoning for my viewpoint perfectly. A viewpoint I've merely stated, by the way, not one that I've attempted to force you or anyone here to accept, though you seem to think otherwise.

'Nuf said...

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

thomasglee wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 8:14 am
Tom Mazanec wrote:
It is worse than that.
Which is the definition of satanism. And that's what moloch represented at the time.

Ask LaVey, he told everyone what the goal of satanism is, and the christians always knew, because they glorify sin and the root of sin in the world is "self preservation." As if we can even do it ... which is why it's from the father of lies.

JDav

Post by JDav »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 10:29 am
thomasglee wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 8:14 am
Tom Mazanec wrote:
It is worse than that.
Which is the definition of satanism. And that's what moloch represented at the time.

Ask LaVey, he told everyone what the goal of satanism is, and the christians always knew, because they glorify sin and the root of sin in the world is "self preservation." As if we can even do it ... which is why it's from the father of lies.
I have priest friends who are diocesan exorcists. Believe me - Moloch didn't represent anything. He is an actual demon.

JDav

Post by JDav »

John, as I've been contemplating my posts the last couple of days, something came to me - is it possible that there is a spiritual component to Generational Theory? For instance, many have posited that the Catholic Church has gone through several great ages (about every 500 years), culminating in a church-wide crisis. The last one being, of course, the Reformation. And about 500 years before that, the schism with the Orthodox Christian Churches. Here we are, 500 years later, and the Church is roiled by decades of homosexuality & pedophilia, and all other manner of corruptions & immoralities that plague our society as a whole. I think, in some sense, that She is also in a Generational Crisis Era. I'm curious as to your thoughts on this?

Post by Guest »

Nuff' said, indeed.

JCP

Johnny bandwidth

Post by Johnny bandwidth »

JDav wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 10:23 am
Guest wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 7:30 am
JDav wrote:

Amen.

JCP
Don't know how you got "You want everyone to suffer yours" out of "You suffer yours, I'll suffer mine," but thanks for admitting that you are pro-death. The problem with your viewpoint is that, once you grant that one person has power over deciding the life/death of another, where does it stop? You will not be the final arbiter of who has power over who's life or death. Again, you illustrate the reasoning for my viewpoint perfectly. A viewpoint I've merely stated, by the way, not one that I've attempted to force you or anyone here to accept, though you seem to think otherwise.

'Nuf said...
To clarify, then you DO NOT want to legally ban abortion? It should be left up to the individual. Correct? Because otherwise, you would be FORCING your beliefs on others. Let's be crystal clear about what you are saying. You seem to be dancing around with this other poster. CLARIFY what you mean.