Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Tom Mazanec

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Tom Mazanec »

While we are looking at Ukraine and Taiwan...
Military says unarmed missile from India ends up in Pakistan
https://abcnews.go.com/International/wi ... n-83368304
On Location: March 10, 2022

Catch up on the developing stories making headlines.
ABCNews.com
ISLAMABAD -- Pakistan's military on Thursday claimed that an unarmed surface-to-surface missile launched from neighboring India violated Pakistan's airspace and ended up in eastern Punjab province, damaging a wall in a residential area but causing no casualties.

Maj. Gen. Babar Iftikhar protested over the “flagrant violation” and demanded an explanation from India. There was no immediate comment from New Delhi.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

I don't think your contributions to generational theory will go away at all, John. They will always be valuable.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:35 am
Guest wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:49 am
Guest Prepper wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:12 am
These are just some ideas to get you started. Don't kid yourself, it's about to get very ugly.
Leave the cities.
I think at the end of 2022 here perhaps, but definitely in 2023.
Let's take a look at the length of time between America's crisis wars.

The American Revolutionary War ended on February 27, 1782, when the British Parliament voted to end all military operations in the Thirteen Colonies. The Civil War began on April 12, 1861, when the Confederacy attacked Fort Sumter. The period between these two events was 28,898 days.

The Civil War ended on May 5, 1865, when the Confederate government dissolved itself. Our involvement in World War II began on December 7, 1941, when Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. The period between these two events was 28,898 days.

Our involvement in World War II ended on August 15, 1945, when Japan announced its surrender and ordered an immediate ceasefire for all its forces. We have yet to fight another crisis war since.

Based on these numbers, I believe the Regeneracy event which leads to our next crisis war will occur sometime between March 18, 2022 and September 27, 2024, with the arithmetic mean date being June 23, 2023 and the geometric mean date being June 19, 2023.

As for the possibility of the Regeneracy event date being an outlier, as in it falls outside of the above range, I personally don't see it occurring any later than December 31, 2025. This is because that is the latest possible date China will attack Taiwan and American forces in the area surrounding it, according to a 2013 article published by Chinese state media (see here: http://www.indiandefencereview.com/news ... -50-years/).

Based on all the above information, if 2020 wasn't our last chance to elect competent and moral leadership before the next crisis war, 2022 may be our last chance. And if it's not, 2024 definitely will be our last chance.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:02 pm
While we are looking at Ukraine and Taiwan...
Military says unarmed missile from India ends up in Pakistan
https://abcnews.go.com/International/wi ... n-83368304
On Location: March 10, 2022

Catch up on the developing stories making headlines.
ABCNews.com
ISLAMABAD -- Pakistan's military on Thursday claimed that an unarmed surface-to-surface missile launched from neighboring India violated Pakistan's airspace and ended up in eastern Punjab province, damaging a wall in a residential area but causing no casualties.

Maj. Gen. Babar Iftikhar protested over the “flagrant violation” and demanded an explanation from India. There was no immediate comment from New Delhi.
Fission vs fusion makes their relatively low missile count still capable of diminishing global crop output considerably is the concern I've seen.

John

Post by John »

** 10-Mar-2022 World View: Crisis Era regrets
JCP wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:44 am
> I am a long time reader who buys your books, and I truly
> appreciate you and your work, John. I am also suffering from
> medical aliments, but I am not nearly as old as you. I don't want
> to survive WW3 either. However, I am grateful for the warnings you
> have given. I never doubted them. I only wish that I hadn't wasted
> the last few years. I should have stayed with my mother before she
> passed away. I should have done more than just survive.

> You have built a legacy, albeit, at this time, a largely
> unappreciated one. One day, hopefully soon, you will be discovered
> and receive the recognition you deserve.

> I have written and published several novels. While the reviews
> have been favorable, my sales have been low. I believe that my
> novels deserve to have a wider audience, but it is difficult to
> get noticed these days. I understand your frustration. I have
> labored for years with very little reward. However, I am glad that
> I found a creative outlet, and I believe that one day I will be
> discovered, but probably after I am dead.

> I know my words may mean very little to you, but I believe you
> have done something important with your life. You graduated from
> an elite university and accomplished a lot. I think that counts
> for something. Most of all, you have purpose. Most of the people I
> have met really lack any purpose beyond consumerism.

> Sincerely, JCP
Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry that you missed out on time with your mother. Crisis
eras are always times of great regrets -- regrets of not having
saved a few dollars, or not having spent time with families.

I haven't said this recently, but I used to write this all the time:
Treasure the time you have left, and use the time to prepare yourself,
your family, your community and your nation.

John

Post by John »

** 10-Mar-2022 World View: On-demand internet course
spottybrowncow wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 am
> I think we all agree that you have produced a unique and very
> valuable body of knowledge. The problem, as you know, is how to
> make people aware that it exists. What could get people's
> attention?

> I wonder if you could produce an on-demand internet course, with
> online syllabus and lectures, explaining the origins, workings,
> and predictions of Generational Dynamics for the newbie? I have no
> idea how to produce something like that, but maybe MIT would be
> open to helping you develop and maybe host it.
Thanks for the suggestion. During the last 20 years, I've done all
kinds of things to try to attract wider interest, and they've all
failed, except for this forum. Breitbart treated me abusively after
I'd been writing for them for years. I made several attempts to
generate interest at MIT, but got nowhere. The professor in charge of
System Dynamics couldn't even respond to my e-mail message or return
my phone call. MIT is just another "woke" college, and Generational
Dynamics is not a "woke" methodology. It's totally hopeless.

So if I were to take up your suggestion, I would be committed to
doing an enormous amount of work, and at the end it would all be
for nothing.

On the other hand, if someone else wants to create the on-demand
internet course you suggest, then I would be happy to help as much as
I can. However, that person should expect to be bitterly disappointed
at the end.

John

Post by John »

** 10-Mar-2022 World View: Memories
Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:25 pm
> I don't think your contributions to generational theory will go
> away at all, John. They will always be valuable.
Thanks for the wish, but 20 years of experience shows that very few
people will even remember Generational Dynamics.

John

Post by John »

** 10-Mar-2022 World View: Russia

Question from an e-mail reader:
> "Quick question: According to your work as I
> understand it, the U.S. and Russia were predicted to eventually
> align against China and a few others. Now it seems we've forced
> the Russians and Chinese to align against us. If you can find the
> time (and motivation), what are your thoughts on the current
> situation regarding the U.S., Russia and China?"
The Russian people like the West European and American people, and
they have hated the Chinese people for centuries. China and Russia
were at war as recently as the 1960s. The current relationship is a
marriage of convenience.

The Russians were reluctant allies of America in the two world
wars, especially when Hitler double-crossed Stalin and invaded
Russia to gain Lebensraum.

The Chinese Communists people hate the Russians, the Americans, and
the Japanese. The Chinese Communists consider Russia's Far East,
including Vladivostok, to be Chinese territory, lost because of
"unfair treaties," like Hong Kong.

So I don't know what the scenario will be, but the scene is definitely
set for Russia to ally, possibly reluctantly, with the West.

utahbob

Post by utahbob »

More from Tom Cooper. You can find this update on his Facebook page.
Hello everybody,
Sorry for being late today: my work and care for a badly wounded hen have held me up. Anyway, here my review for the last 24-26 hours (9 Mar 22).
CAA - Combined Arms Army (Russia)
BTG - Battalion Tactical Group (Russia)
GTA - Guards Tank Army (Russia)
GTD - Guards Tank Division (Russia)
IFV - infantry fighting vehicle
LOC - Line of Control (old frontline between Ukraine and Separatists in the Donbass region)
MBT - main battle tank
MRB - Motorized Rifle Brigade (throw a G in the front if Guards)
MRD - Motorized Rifle Division (ditto for the G for Guards). Majority of the Russian Ground Forces are Motorized Rifle (i.e. Mechanized Infantry with supporting tanks)
RFA – Russian Federation Army/Russian Armed Forces
RF-9xxxx - Russian military aviation registration
UCAV – unmanned combat aerial vehicle
VDV - Vozdushno-desantnye voyska (Russian Airborne forces)
VKS - Vozdushno-kosmicheskiye sily (Air-Space Force, Russia)
West OSK – Western Military District, RFA
STRATEGIC
Russo-Ukrainian negotiations on 8 March resulted in an agrememnt for ‘humanitarian corridors’ for evacuation of civilians from 10 cities in Ukraine. The list included Trostyanets, Kranopillya, Sumy, Mariupol, Volnovakha, Izyum, Kharkiv, and Kyiv’s suburbs of Buch, Berodyanka, and Irpin. There seems to be lots of reporting about this in the media, but except for Sumy (where few thousands of people were evacuated to Poltava), I haven’t found a lots of evidence for successful evacuation.
The flow of foreign volunteers to Ukraine has reached such proportions, that the army seems to be in the process of establishing a legion of something like four different battalions. One is entirely staffed by Canadians, perhaps by few Britons, too; at least one is staffed by Americans (seems to include one South Korean), and one by the Portuguese, Brazilians, Azerbaijanis, Belarussians, Chechens and quite a few other nationals. Reportedly, two – including the last one – are already in action, but don’t ask me where: nobody would say, and thus no idea.
AIR
The Russians have demolished a maternity hospital in Mariupol. It’s unclear whether it was an air strike or ballistic missile, but three people – including a little baby – were murdered there. Of course, the Fools in Kremlin and the Keystone Cops rushed to explain the building was empty, then there were radicals there, and when confronted by obvious evidence, declared everything for fake news Free along the moto: we first bomb, then ask questions, and if the answer are not what we want to hear, then it’s all fake news… and yes, there after ‘militant hospitals’ in Syria of 2015-2017, now there are ‘radical hospitals’ in their official vocabulary.
The VKS also bombed Zhitomir, yesterday, and one of related videos (see: https://twitter.com/WW3Unbiassed/status ... 4369915910) prompted claims it’s now deploying Sukhoi Su-57 ‘stealth’ fighters.
Ho-hum…Unless there’s far clearer evidence, to me this one is another Su-34. Foremost, despite all the possible claims by the Keystone Cops in Moscow, Putin’s media, and some of involved companies, the software for the integration of all of Su-57’s sensors and the fire control system is still incomplete: indeed, the last I’ve heard in this regards, back in August 2021, was that they had to re-start the work of writing entirely new software (see Project Megalopolis), and that for second time in less than three years. Moreover, it’s anything else than ‘stealth’: it lacks the necessary coating, and its design (foremost intakes and the rear section) is incomplete. As such, it can be considered a ‘reduced radar-cross-section’ type, slightly better than the Boeing F/A-18E/F in this regards. Considering international sanctions, lack of know-how, lack of necessary research-, development-. and production facilities, and lack of funding: I have my doubts they’ve managed any major advances in this regards by now. Finally, the Su-57 has got absolutely no guided weapons. Of course, the Russians can install an SVP-24 or similar system to help with navigation and then ‘bomb coordinates with dumb bombs’, like all of the VKS is doing – but, in an air force as driven by dogmatic doctrine like the VKS is: why do so with a jet for which there’s no defined doctrine yet?
No doubt, this entire war is based on entirely irrational megalomania, but there are limits, too.
BTW, if the Su-57 is operational and flying combat sorties, then somebody has to explain me why has the confirmed number of ballistic missiles fired by Russia upon Ukraine surpassed the figure of 710, yesterday, early in the morning? If they have a ‘stealth’ jet, they need not depleting their stocks of SS-21s and SS-26s that much (yes, even in the case of an ‘all-out war’).
In other air-warfare related news: the Ukrainians claimed four VKS Su-25 shot down yesterday, plus two helicopters, and two cruise missiles, all of these in the Kyiv area (their total of claims is now at 56 aircraft and 82 helicopters). Have missed the latest figures of the Keystone Cops, though: not easy to follow, given all of their media is shut down in the EU.
NORTH
There are reports along which the 35th CAA has widened the frontline of its advance into Ukraine for about 30km in western direction along the border to Belarus. Correspondingly, there should have been a heliborne landing somewhere in the Oyruch-Zalissya area (about 120-150km NW of Kyiv), followed by ground advance from Belarus in southern direction. Ukrainians say they have repelled all attacks and the situation was stabilised, but I’ve got little doubts the Russians are at least 15-20km deep inside this part of Ukraine now. Could be an attempt to distract the Ukrainians and force them to move some of their units in that direction, but it could also be the start of an advance on Zhitomir. We’re going to see.
Although – at least according to Ukrainian sources – the infantry of the Russian 35th CAA should have proved unable to secure Borodyanka, Hostomel, Irpin, Bucha, and Yasnohodka on 8 March, yesterday at least two big columns of armour (one including the 6th Tank Regiment) punched out of this densely populated area over the E-40 highway towards south. Both faced fierce delaying action by the Ukrainian infantry armed with plentiful of anti-tank guided missiles, and seems even the Bayraktar TB.2 UCAVs were deployed – in broad daylight – to slow them down. I’m not sure if this was effective enough, because there are indications along which one of the columns turned east and then advanced along the E-40 in direction of Kyiv, too. Foremost, the Ukrainians have proven unable to secure and re-open the E-40 – apparently due to the presence of a large group of VDVs left over south of Makariv from earlier attacks – and that for days. Thus, I guess this assault is going to be stopped only somewhere in western or even south-western outskirts of Kyiv.
NORTH-EAST
North-east Ukraine these days is a madhouse. Sure, Chernihiv is now cut off, as is a concentration of three Ukrainian brigades in the Nizhyn area. These are encircled by some 12-15 BTGs of the Russian 41st CAA. But, the mass of other Ukrainian units seems to have successfully withdrawn into the ‘fortress Kyiv’: in the Russian rear there are Ukrainian-held Shostka, Hlukhiv, Konotop, and Sumy, and at least 5, probably more of very active ‘left behind’ groups, which are constantly savaging Russian supply columns. So much so, that, once again, the glorious the 1st GTA made absolutely no advance yesterday. It’s still spread anywhere between Sumy in the east and Romny in the west, with its columns in disarray, losing vehicles like there’s no tomorrow.
Unsurprisingly, the high-speed advance of the 2nd GTA was stopped in eastern approaches to Kyiv, and its western frontline is now running approximately down the E-95 highway.
The situation further east is almost as tragic – for the Russians. The Ukrainian 92nd Mech is continuing its ‘active defence’ in the Kharkiv area, and has – together with an unknown brigade that attacked from the south-east – managed to push the 6th CAA further away from the city: so much so, it’s now threatening the southern flank of the 1st GTA, too.
Kharkiv is still subjected to severe air strikes and artillery shelling, but still far from becoming surrounded. That is: wasn’t it for the CO 6th CAA, who seems to have deployed what is left of the 144th MRD after its trouncing by the 92nd Mech, for an all-out advance further south-east, on Balaklilisk (which is now under the Russian control) and Izlum. That move nearly cut off the Ukrainian 53rd Mech Brigade. Sure, the unit (or what was left of it after all the losses of the last two weeks) has managed to avoid an encirclement, but had to abandon the Severodonetsk area. Got no evidence, but I suspect that some of its rear elements were eventually overrun by a pincer movement of the 144th MRD from the north and the 3rd MRD (8th CAA) from the East. Seems, the West OSK decided that Kharkiv will have to wait.
EAST
It was no funny day for the Ukrainian CO of the troops deployed along the LOC in the East. The depleted 56th Motor Rifle Brigade is still holding Midlaipole in the west, and has managed to recover Rozivka in the east, but the Russians then turned north and took Staromiynivka, about 10km further north and are thus deep in its rear. It’s no good news for defenders of Mariupol, but seems the Ukrainians will have to fall back north, i.e. away from the city.
It was no good day inside Mariupol either: the Russians claimed two penetrations of their main line of defence. One in the north and another in the west, near the airport.
SOUTH
With Zusko’s 58th having a frontline of about 800km (i.e. being stretched for 460km from Voznesensk in west to Melitopol in the east), it’s unsurprising there are now reports – from the Ukrainian MOD and the social media – that the West OSK established a new Army HQ in the Melitopol area. This should be the 49th CAA. I’m not sure if this means the latter is going to assimilate 58th CAA’s units east of Dnepr, but it seems the centrepiece of the 49th CAA should be at least 3-4 BTGs from the 42nd MRD, which at earlier times was assigned to the 8th CAA (responsible for operations in the Luhansk and Donbas area). Looks like the Russians decided that if they cannot breach the centre of the Ukrainian positions along the LOC, there’s no other solution but to outflank these from the south - through an advance of Zaporozhye and whatever is in between there and Mariupol.
There’s a steady flow of reports about arrival of major reinforcements for the 58th CAA in the area between Kherson and Mykolaiv too. As reported yesterday, multiple Russian sources stress, Zusko ‘must, must, must’ get through – to Odessa and beyond. Thus, the 3-4 BTGs of the 7th VDV Division were reinforced by another two, and the number of BTGs of the 20th Guards MRD should’ve been increased to at least five. The Ukrainian 17th Tank seem to still be on a vacation somewhere east of Voznesensk and north of Kherson.

MrGuest

Post by MrGuest »

John wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:17 pm
** 10-Mar-2022 World View: On-demand internet course
spottybrowncow wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 am
> I think we all agree that you have produced a unique and very
> valuable body of knowledge. The problem, as you know, is how to
> make people aware that it exists. What could get people's
> attention?

> I wonder if you could produce an on-demand internet course, with
> online syllabus and lectures, explaining the origins, workings,
> and predictions of Generational Dynamics for the newbie? I have no
> idea how to produce something like that, but maybe MIT would be
> open to helping you develop and maybe host it.
Thanks for the suggestion. During the last 20 years, I've done all
kinds of things to try to attract wider interest, and they've all
failed, except for this forum. Breitbart treated me abusively after
I'd been writing for them for years. I made several attempts to
generate interest at MIT, but got nowhere. The professor in charge of
System Dynamics couldn't even respond to my e-mail message or return
my phone call. MIT is just another "woke" college, and Generational
Dynamics is not a "woke" methodology. It's totally hopeless.

So if I were to take up your suggestion, I would be committed to
doing an enormous amount of work, and at the end it would all be
for nothing.

On the other hand, if someone else wants to create the on-demand
internet course you suggest, then I would be happy to help as much as
I can. However, that person should expect to be bitterly disappointed
at the end.
What about doing interviews with podcasts? There are countless shows interested in fresh ideas and it's one of the few unregulated spaces left for in depth discussion.