Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
FullMoon

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by FullMoon »

Guest wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:33 am
FullMoon wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:10 am
Guest wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:23 am

DK's constantly blaming the US government for everything is not asking tough questions: it's buying into the conspiratorial misinformation of paid trolls.
DK is critical of our govt for good reason and he's not blaming anyone in particular. He's less biased than most posters here. Particularly the paid trolls who'd like to diminish him. Try your hand at analysis instead of blaming others, troll.
No, DK buys into crap and that's why so many on these boards tear I to him. I, for one, am tired of him defending such egregious characters as Xi and Putin
It's stupid and embarrassing.
DK is young and occasionally shows his inexperience as well as the general trend today of being somewhat overly critical of their govt. He's now getting the chance to live in totalitarian police state without having to travel abroad. It's a sad state for the youths today to live under such a condition. There once was a time when his critical thinking deserved the criticism of which you bring. But now he's just being realistic and asking important questions. Censorship is the domain of those you decide. Where do we see such activity in abundance these days?
DK is an independent thinking person, unlike those who try to bring him down. Trolls with no name

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

FullMoon wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:37 pm
Guest wrote:
FullMoon wrote:

DK is critical of our govt for good reason and he's not blaming anyone in particular. He's less biased than most posters here. Particularly the paid trolls who'd like to diminish him. Try your hand at analysis instead of blaming others, troll.
No, DK buys into crap and that's why so many on these boards tear I to him. I, for one, am tired of him defending such egregious characters as Xi and Putin
DK is young and occasionally shows his inexperience as well as the general trend today of being somewhat overly critical of their govt. He's now getting the chance to live in totalitarian police state without having to travel abroad. It's a sad state for the youths today to live under such a condition. There once was a time when his critical thinking deserved the criticism of which you bring. But now he's just being realistic and asking important questions. Censorship is the domain of those you decide. Where do we see such activity in abundance these days?
DK is an independent thinking person, unlike those who try to bring him down. Trolls with no name
Exactly.

"I've been to the desert and the trolls had no name, it felt good to be out of the rain."

I better go swing by Ventura Highway to see all the Alligator Lizard Trolls in the air ... in the aiiiiirrrrrr

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

DaKardii wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:37 am
Guest wrote:
DK's constantly blaming the US government for everything is not asking tough questions: it's buying into the conspiratorial misinformation of paid trolls.
The reason paid trolls are often successful at duping ordinary people into believing everything they say is because the people, institutions, and/or countries they are attacking often lack credibility in their own right.

So half of the time, the paid trolls don’t even have to lie. They just have to point out something bad those people, institutions, and/or countries have done, and run with it.

I for one am well aware of this reality. Hence why I, contrary to what you seem to believe, do not toe the paid troll line, hook and sinker. You wanna test me? Give me a topic and I’ll tell you where the paid trolls are telling the truth and where they are lying.
This is a great post. Atta boy, DaK

I've got your back too.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Guest wrote:
Wrong. I have NEVER defended Xi or Putin’s characters, or denied that they are tyrants and overall bad human beings.

Paid trolls may do those things, but I don’t.

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

DaKardii wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:46 pm
Xeraphim1 wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:52 pm
Or not. As the article clearly states, Massimov was the long time right hand man of Nursultan who was just dropped from his continuing positions of power. It sounds more like Tokayev is consolidating power in his own hands. If anything, I'd suspect Tokayev of staging the crisis for his own benefit.

Of course you're always disposed to see the US as to blame for everything so I guess it's no surprise you'd think that way.
Are we supposed to ignore the fact that the American foreign policy establishment has wanted to wrest Central Asia away from Russia for decades? Or the fact that this crisis is happening simultaneously with the ongoing standoff in Ukraine?
Are we supposed to ignore the fact that Nursultan ran a very tight ship and strongly limited all foreign influences? Are we supposed to ignore that fact that Kazakhstan removed price caps on fuel at the same time as the Ukraine standoff? Everyone says that's what brought longstanding issues to a head.Except for Tokayev and Putin and off course they want to deflect the blame somewhere else. The US has never had a very strong interest in Central Asia despite what you pet theory says.

When it comes to conspiracy theories with the US manipulating the world, you rarely fail to bite. It gets tiring.

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

DaKardii wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:37 am
Guest wrote:
The reason paid trolls are often successful at duping ordinary people into believing everything they say is because the people, institutions, and/or countries they are attacking often lack credibility in their own right.

So half of the time, the paid trolls don’t even have to lie. They just have to point out something bad those people, institutions, and/or countries have done, and run with it.

I for one am well aware of this reality. Hence why I, contrary to what you seem to believe, do not toe the paid troll line, hook and sinker. You wanna test me? Give me a topic and I’ll tell you where the paid trolls are telling the truth and where they are lying.
I don't think you're a troll. I think you're predisposed to accept almost any conspiracy theory where the US is at fault. That doesn't make you a troll. Just a dupe.

You're smart enough to do better.

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

Guest wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:37 am
Guest wrote:
FullMoon wrote:

A Russian might see NATO in Ukraine as a bit like a Russian Defense Pact in Wales.
Russians refuse to ask why all the countries that used to be part of the Russian Empire/USSR/Warsaw Pact want to join NATO. They refuse to accept that the one common feature is Russia. If Russia didn't have such shitty policies and shitty relations with its neighbors, they'd have no interest in NATO.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Xeraphim1 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:33 pm
Are we supposed to ignore the fact that Nursultan ran a very tight ship and strongly limited all foreign influences?
It was under Nursultan that Kazakhstan joined the CSTO. A literal military alliance with Russia. It was also under Nursultan that Kazakhstan joined the Eurasian Economic Union, which basically cannot function without Russian membership.
Xeraphim1 wrote:
Are we supposed to ignore that fact that Kazakhstan removed price caps on fuel at the same time as the Ukraine standoff?
Color revolutions ALWAYS start off as organic unrest based on existing grievances. They then become color revolutions because outside forces exploit those grievances to their own advantage.
Xeraphim1 wrote:
The US has never had a very strong interest in Central Asia despite what you pet theory says.
You're definitely right that we have no natural interests in the region. But the consensus among so-called "geopolitical experts" is that we need to copy the British Empire and wage our own version of the "Great Game." Why? Because they think if we control Central Asia, we control the world? Why? Because Heartland Theory.
Xeraphim1 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:13 pm
Russians refuse to ask why all the countries that used to be part of the Russian Empire/USSR/Warsaw Pact want to join NATO. They refuse to accept that the one common feature is Russia. If Russia didn't have such shitty policies and shitty relations with its neighbors, they'd have no interest in NATO.
That may be true, but it isn't in our interests to protect them. Also, our NATO membership is arguably unconstitutional because Article V could be used as a pretext to enter an armed conflict without a Congressional declaration of war.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Xeraphim1 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

A Russian might see NATO in Ukraine as a bit like a Russian Defense Pact in Wales.
This is a good point, but to be fair, they want to be bought off, they want to live the western wet dream, because that's what most materialist people (most are) seek. The US has proven that that path is not a good one, but I do not deny that you are right that for whatever reason, they want to join NATO (most do).

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

Xeraphim1 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Many join NATO because of economics only.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”