Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Cool Breeze

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Cool Breeze »

Ok, so no treatment of the glorious and magnanimous, healthy and peace loving USA? I'm not talking the one that left us after Eisenhower departed office.

Whenever someone says "Putin" as if he is Stalin or some historical evil-ish figure, you know it's a bunch of dung. Or at least I do as someone who knows much better than some silly simpleton analysis.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Xeraphim1 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:56 pm
Russia under Putin has been on a revanchist path for more than 15 years now. It meddles in the affairs of all of the former component states of the USSR to one extant or another. A good example is Georgia where it is sponsoring break-away states (enabled by Russia's invasion) that no other country recognizes. Or consider Transnistria, a breakaway region of Moldova existing only due to Russian support. Or consider destabilizing efforts against Estonia and Latvia supposedly to support ethnic Russian citizens on those states. Not to mention the big one, of course; the invasion of Ukraine, the theft of Crimea and the continual sponsorship of armed rebellion against the Ukrainian state. Note that Russian would consider any of these acts a casus belli.

Or we can consider the support for the Assad regime in Syria which by prolonging the civil war but not actually solving it led to ISIS which affected other nearby countries. Or consider its support for others of the very worst countries on the planet; the only countries that Russia is actually "friends" with.

What can be done about it? I honestly don't know. I do no that I'm not interesting in dying to defend Ukraine or in sending other Americans to do so, but short of that I think steps need to be taken to both deter Russia and if it proceeds, to punish it mercilessly. I'm thinking expulsion from the SWIFT network for one. Maybe closing the Dardanelles and Baltic seas to its ships. Perhaps freezing every foreign asset belonging to important and maybe even unimportant persons in Russia.

Without the clear expectation of extremely painful consequences, Russia will continue in its bad behavior. Even then I don't know if Putin will even care. He's getting old and he may be willing to throw the dice since he's not going to live all that much longer; he's already almost 6 years past the average for men. But, other Russians know this too and if they see things like this coming to bite them in the butt, maybe they can start taking some of the power away from Putin.
Putin knows he cannot give up power. Not unless he achieves near "mythical" status, and he can only achieve this by returning Russia to its "rightful place among nations", meaning on par with USA and China.

He can only do this by regaining what Russians view as lost territory and exerting hegemony over the rest of Europe.

Lets be clear about what kind of person Putin is. He is a murderous villain who has killed anyone who he perceives as a threat to his power or to the mafia control system he is overseeing in Russia. He would have no problem killing billions if it would provide him personally with some kind of an advantage if he could get away with it.

Right now the best way to undermine him would be to confiscate the assets of his cronies, with the understanding that they could have their money back if Putin was gone and Russia stopped its attacks on its neighbors. They might then band together to take him out. But the odds of this being done right now are remote to none. The Russians could cut off the gas to Europe in return, and Europe would be screwed, as they are now dependent on this, thanks to their idiotic and suicidal "green" policies.

Jack Edwards

Post by Jack Edwards »

Navigator said:
Lets be clear about what kind of person Putin is. He is a murderous villain who has killed anyone who he perceives as a threat to his power or to the mafia control system he is overseeing in Russia. He would have no problem killing billions if it would provide him personally with some kind of an advantage if he could get away with it.

Right now the best way to undermine him would be to confiscate the assets of his cronies, with the understanding that they could have their money back if Putin was gone and Russia stopped its attacks on its neighbors. They might then band together to take him out. But the odds of this being done right now are remote to none. The Russians could cut off the gas to Europe in return, and Europe would be screwed, as they are now dependent on this, thanks to their idiotic and suicidal "green" policies.
Not that my opinion matters, but gut reaction to this is: "If the EU doesn't care about Russia encroaching on their space and annexing part of the Ukraine, why should we?". Certainly, any response we provide ought to be proportionate to the response the EU has (and not involve boots on the ground).

I feel a bit differently about Taiwan.

Would be interested in different perspectives on this.

Regards,
Jack

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Jack Edwards wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:49 pm

Not that my opinion matters, but gut reaction to this is: "If the EU doesn't care about Russia encroaching on their space and annexing part of the Ukraine, why should we?". Certainly, any response we provide ought to be proportionate to the response the EU has (and not involve boots on the ground).
Unfortunately the answer is something along the lines of 1938. "If Europe doesn't care about Germany forcibly annexing Czechoslovakia, why should we?"

Appeasement in the face of aggression just leads to more aggression by an increasingly stronger foe.

Of course, Europe has to relearn this lesson on an almost generational frequency. Hence John's theory and this site.

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

Navigator wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:59 am
Jack Edwards wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:49 pm

Unfortunately the answer is something along the lines of 1938. "If Europe doesn't care about Germany forcibly annexing Czechoslovakia, why should we?"

Appeasement in the face of aggression just leads to more aggression by an increasingly stronger foe.

Of course, Europe has to relearn this lesson on an almost generational frequency. Hence John's theory and this site.
This. The expanded story is that the US has spent a century cleaning up the world's messes because no one else will step up and do it. It's really annoying that the US keeps getting stuck swinging the global mop, but if it doesn't do it, the likes of China and Russia become the standard if we're lucky. Venezuela if we're not.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

NOTE: This is a "fundamentalist" Catholic site, so take this with a milligram of NaCl. But if it is accurate, the Western leaders responsible for it are as stupid as a soup sandwich. At least in 1962 Khrushchev tried to do it in secret, and he had no precedence for how dangerous it was.
URGENT! A Nuclear War May Start Anytime Now Before Christmas! - Pray for PEACE
1,169 viewsDec 18, 2021

DISLIKE

SAVE

Servants of Christ
38.7K subscribers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtd2Hac5TpQ
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

John

Post by John »

** 19-Dec-2021 World View: Chi Haotian's project
tim wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:42 pm
> A crisis war is a total war where nothing is considered off
> limits. There will be weapons used against civilians even worse
> then nuclear weapons that have yet to be developed. I've been
> looking into a theory of how the Chinese government is creating a
> database of American DNA from COVID tests in order to create
> biological weapons that once released will target the genetics of
> Americans specifically. Such a weapon would not kill
> Asian-Americans. Imagine a far more lethal COVID that only
> targeted non-Asian people.
That the Chinese are working on this project is quite believable
because it could fulfill the plans outlined in the 2003 "Secret Speech
of General Chi Haotian," in which he called for conquest of America,
and then exterminating all the Americans ("cleaning the land"), so
that the Chinese can move in. That is truly a delusional and
self-delusional plan for the Chinese Communists.

We can't say with absolute certainty whether the Wuhan Coronavirus was
an accidental mutation from a bat, and whether it escaped from the
Wuhan lab by accident or by design.

But I believe that we can, by now, say with absolute certainty that
the Chinese Communists purposely infected the entire world with it,
while protecting China. In fact, I consider it quite likely that
spreading the Wuhan Coronavirus was a test case for the genetics
project described above.

Thus, the intentional spreading of the Wuhan Coronavirus would seem to
have been quite successful in many ways. The Chinese were able to
essentially declare war on the entire world while retaining
semi-plausible deniability. Even a cyber attack would not have that
advantage.

But the Wuhan Coronavirus experiment exposed some problems and issues
that the Chinese Communists will have to deal with.

First and most obvious, is it really possible to create a virus that
will target only Americans? Well, America of course is a melting pot
of hundreds of races and ethnicities, including Chinese ethnicities,
so it's hard for me to understand exactly wht this magic virus would
looking for.

The Chinese Communists are delusional and self-delusional in many
ways, and it's popularly believed that the Chinese race, instead of
evolving out of Africa, grew spontaneously in China, around the time
of "Peking Man," a set of 700,000 year old fossils discovered near
Beijing in the 1920s. However, research since the 1960s shows that
this claim is fanciful. Indeed, there is no such thing as a uniquely
identifiable "Han Chinese" ethnic group, and China also a "melting
pot" of multiple races and ethnicities.

I am no expert on the creation of viruses, but I would be very
surprised if it were possible for the Chinese to create an
"American-only" or "all-but-Chinese" virus.

Or let's suppose that such a virus could be created. Then the Chinese
would have to propagate it around the world, but after the Wuhan
Coronavirus debacle, no country would fall for that trick twice.

And suppose that the virus were spreading around the world. We know
that viruses can jump from one species to another, so it seems quite
likely that an "all-but-Chinese" virus could develop a mutation that
would jump to the Chinese people, just as the Wuhan Coronavirus has
developed Delta, Omicron, and numerous other variant mutations.

Finally, let's suppose that General Chi Haotian's delusional dream is
carried out, and enough Americans have been "cleaned out" from the
American land. Then there would be massive migrations from Canada,
Mexico, South America, Europe, Russia, Africa, Japan, Australia,
India, and everywhere else. America would become a "melting pot" all
over again. Hell, they might even re-adopt the existing Constitution.

In my opinion, the above list of issues and problems proves that the
entire Chi Haotian project is, in fact, completely delusional.
However, that won't stop the Chinese Communists from trying. The
Chinese Communists are hell-bent to destroy themselves, America,
Japan, and as much of the rest of the world as they can.

** 31-Jul-21 World View -- Wuhan Coronavirus -- Thinking the Unthinkable
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e210731

-- Is Peking Man Still Our Ancestor?—Race and National Lineage
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7123927/
(NIH, 7-Feb-2019)

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

This was PNAC's speculation in a report published in September 2000.
Although it may take several decades for the process of transformation to unfold, in time, the art of warfare on air, land, and sea will be vastly different than it is today, and “combat” likely will take place in new dimensions: in space, “cyber-space,” and perhaps the world of microbes. Air warfare may no longer be fought by pilots manning tactical fighter aircraft sweeping the skies of opposing fighters, but a regime dominated by long-range, stealthy unmanned craft. On land, the clash of massive, combined-arms armored forces may be replaced by the dashes of much lighter, stealthier and information-intensive forces, augmented by fleets of robots, some small enough to fit in soldiers’ pockets. Control of the sea could be largely determined not by fleets of surface combatants and aircraft carriers, but from land- and space-based systems, forcing navies to maneuver and fight underwater. Space itself will become a theater of war, as nations gain access to space capabilities and come to rely on them; further, the distinction between military and commercial space systems – combatants and noncombatants – will become blurred. Information systems will become an important focus of attack, particularly for U.S. enemies seeking to short-circuit sophisticated American forces. And advanced forms of biological warfare that can “target” specific genotypes may transform biological warfare from the realm of terror to a politically useful tool.
https://cryptome.org/rad.htm

When I read this in the early 2000s, I wrote to an old friend who was a biology professor at the University of Maryland at College Park (near Fort Detrick) (she is now at Cornell) and asked her if she thought it would be theoretically possible for specific genotypes to be targeted with biological weapons. She never responded and I didn't try a second time.

It has been my belief that the Chinese read this report and took it seriously.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Guest wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:04 am
John wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:32 am
** 16-Dec-2021 World View: Giving back
Guest wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:01 am
> I don't post enough to warrant setting up an account. Now that the
> thin skinned are crying about it, I will make it point not to.

> I find this site an oasis. What John writes about is insightful. I
> have also purchased his book on China.

> Thank you, John.
Thanks for the compliment.

Setting up an account is free and takes 15 seconds. Why don't you
give back, by registering and becoming a member.
I have bought copies of your last three books. I didn't buy the Coming Storms simply because I would have to leave a trail. I have a friend who told me about this site and buys yours books and I have him buy extra copies for me. But I decided years ago to not register on this site. I knew that one day America would have a dangerous government like Biden's. I use DickDuckGo to post here and them burn the IT trail behind me. One day, people on the website will be rounded up. No thanks. I am heading for the hills with my guns, ammo, and determination. I never post from my laptop either. America stop being free completely in 2021.
Based on my recent experience, I don't believe you need to have any concerns about registering on this site. I was called in for an in-person interview with the Department of Homeland Security recently for a routine matter. When I went into the interviewer's office she had a file on me sitting on her desk. She told me that she had just run a background check and reviewed the file before calling me in. The conversation was friendly and there were no issues raised. It had been in the back of my mind that I might have been flagged as a problem because of the amount of time I've spent on this web site but that apparently was not the case.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:28 pm
This was PNAC's speculation in a report published in September 2000.
Although it may take several decades for the process of transformation to unfold, in time, the art of warfare on air, land, and sea will be vastly different than it is today, and “combat” likely will take place in new dimensions: in space, “cyber-space,” and perhaps the world of microbes. Air warfare may no longer be fought by pilots manning tactical fighter aircraft sweeping the skies of opposing fighters, but a regime dominated by long-range, stealthy unmanned craft. On land, the clash of massive, combined-arms armored forces may be replaced by the dashes of much lighter, stealthier and information-intensive forces, augmented by fleets of robots, some small enough to fit in soldiers’ pockets. Control of the sea could be largely determined not by fleets of surface combatants and aircraft carriers, but from land- and space-based systems, forcing navies to maneuver and fight underwater. Space itself will become a theater of war, as nations gain access to space capabilities and come to rely on them; further, the distinction between military and commercial space systems – combatants and noncombatants – will become blurred. Information systems will become an important focus of attack, particularly for U.S. enemies seeking to short-circuit sophisticated American forces. And advanced forms of biological warfare that can “target” specific genotypes may transform biological warfare from the realm of terror to a politically useful tool.
https://cryptome.org/rad.htm

When I read this in the early 2000s, I wrote to an old friend who was a biology professor at the University of Maryland at College Park (near Fort Detrick) (she is now at Cornell) and asked her if she thought it would be theoretically possible for specific genotypes to be targeted with biological weapons. She never responded and I didn't try a second time.

It has been my belief that the Chinese read this report and took it seriously.

The fact that PNAC would essentially say that biowarfare is no longer terrorism and is now a “politically useful tool” speaks many volumes.

Yes, the CCP probably read that report. But do you know who for sure read it? Our own government. Which means there’s a very real possibility such viruses exist in our own bioweapon labs.

We live in scary times.