Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Jack Edwards

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Jack Edwards »

John said:
As for a Chinese attack on Taiwan, I've heard speculation from
analysts that it could occur after the Olympics next year. This
speculation is interesting because I've never heard of this idea
before, except in this forum.
I've speculated this on this forum. I found this video where a former general mentions it, but he believes the real thing the CCP won't start anything until after some special 5 year conference CCP conference which happens next fall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypNicDD ... oxBusiness
Relevant part is 45 seconds into video.

I also read recently about a proposed diplomatic boycott of the olympics.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... l-boycott/

My 2 cents is that the olympics is something the CCP wants to have happen because it gives them more credibility in the world community. I think that if there are massive boycotts and the whole thing flubs that it will really annoy the CCP and could cause them to do something stupid.

All that aside, I think John's opinion that the timing for CCP initiating war will be from some random event is likely, plans are nice, but emotion rules the day.
Regards,
Jack

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

If things are quiet for ten or twelve years I will think "Welp, that's that for the theory!"
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Zoomer go Brr

Post by Zoomer go Brr »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:48 pm
I've asked it before but we should return to the subject. How many more years have to pass before anyone here (whoever wants to answer) will be shocked that nothing HUGE (crisis war) has happened?
Moving goal posts seem to be readily accepted here

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Zoomer go Brr wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:52 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:48 pm
I've asked it before but we should return to the subject. How many more years have to pass before anyone here (whoever wants to answer) will be shocked that nothing HUGE (crisis war) has happened?
Moving goal posts seem to be readily accepted here
Zoomage, the sad thing about that is that my original asking of this question, or one akin, was to make clear what truths we are getting at, where we can go wrong, and how we can more accurately make predictions (or as I desired, assign probabilities to things). It became fairly clear that the answers that I got, at least at the time, were in the camp of moving goalposts, indeed.

What I don't get is why asking these things is so threatening. Many here, including JX, have stated they don't care if they die, or even want to die, or some other thing that shows they are indifferent to grand realities of life. Since that is the case, why have such a big ego about some theory? If it's right it's right, if it isn't it isn't. You can still have the theory state that it's a general framework without getting bent out of shape about it not providing ways to make predictions that are very good.

I personally think bad things are coming, but it's based more on the wealth and birthing of so many lazy, anti-freedom and anti Americans who don't care about much beyond getting fatter and losing the old material life, rather than focusing on freedom. The average person has shown that he is far, far, less than decent or even with a smidgeon of belief in all things classically American with his obedience and bending to enslavement about lies regarding health, covid, climate bogus theory, and even segregation and pure hatred and control of others based on all of these lies. Sad stuff. This pathetic reality, though, raises the possibility that a future of surveillance, doping, slavery, and control is at least a possibility as opposed to a guarantee of war, etc.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

I am encouraged by the talk of Biden ditching Harris as his VP. Maybe he would go with Manchin . Or even a "middle of the road" Republican like Romney or Murkowski.

Biden could not take the physical strain of being a wartime president for very long. And if he tried, he would get impeached/convicted. So the VP position is actually critical for once.

Manchin or Romney would be competent as a wartime president (unsure about Murkowski). Much unlike Harris, who would be an unmitigated disaster.

Just saying that something weird (replacing a VP) could happen to save the country from incompetent top leadership during the upcoming war.

The other options is a Republican takeover of congress in 2022 elections, probably after a war has started.

Jack Edwards

Post by Jack Edwards »

Navigator said:
I am encouraged by the talk of Biden ditching Harris as his VP. Maybe he would go with Manchin . Or even a "middle of the road" Republican like Romney or Murkowski.
I think that's wishful thinking. I'm not sure how he can ditch her, though she's certainly as incompetent as anyone I've ever seen. When Clinton got hammered in 1994, he did a reorg, got rid of some inept people and triangulated. He had some good advisors and listened to them.. Biden's entire cabinet seems inept - each one in their own unique way. I see no evidence of anyone in any position of influence around him capable of giving him pragmatic advise. If they somehow got rid of Harris, they would feel obligated to replace her with another diversity candidate.

Reading what you wrote gave me a moment of hope that some sanity could return.. but I just can't see it. I can't see Biden having the humility to accept he needs a VP that could replace him. I don't see anyone able to influence Biden to do something reasonable.

Regards,
Jack.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Jack Edwards wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:34 pm
Navigator said:
I think that's wishful thinking. I'm not sure how he can ditch her, though she's certainly as incompetent as anyone I've ever seen. When Clinton got hammered in 1994, he did a reorg, got rid of some inept people and triangulated. He had some good advisors and listened to them.. Biden's entire cabinet seems inept - each one in their own unique way. I see no evidence of anyone in any position of influence around him capable of giving him pragmatic advise. If they somehow got rid of Harris, they would feel obligated to replace her with another diversity candidate.

Reading what you wrote gave me a moment of hope that some sanity could return.. but I just can't see it. I can't see Biden having the humility to accept he needs a VP that could replace him. I don't see anyone able to influence Biden to do something reasonable.

Regards,
Jack.
Jack,

I agree with you. I would like to be optimistic, but its getting pretty hard. It would be a near miracle if she is replaced with someone competent, so maybe it comes down to a Republican super majority in both houses, or some kind of rational "national unity party" once war starts and Biden/Harris screw it up badly from the get go.

Another guest

Post by Another guest »

Navigator wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:58 am
Jack Edwards wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:34 pm
Navigator said:

Regards,
Jack.
Jack,

I agree with you. I would like to be optimistic, but its getting pretty hard. It would be a near miracle if she is replaced with someone competent, so maybe it comes down to a Republican super majority in both houses, or some kind of rational "national unity party" once war starts and Biden/Harris screw it up badly from the get go.
Or maybe we will just go down in total defeat quickly, victims of political correctness triumphing over common sense? And when the POCs are being buried alive by the victorious CCP troops in fields outside of urban centers, they can blame white people with their agonizing and (hopefully) painful last breaths...

Post by Guest »

Biden's undergoing a colonoscopy, so K.H. will be acting President while he is under.

Please, God, don't let anything happen now.