Polyticks: Bob Butler's Perspective

An alternate home for the community from the legacy Fourth Turning Forum

Re: Worldviews

Post by Guest »

Bob Butler wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:13 pm
On this site, you bump into a lot of tribal thinkers who embrace superiority, prejudice, oppression and violence. I get a little confused by the frequent conflict between religious perspectives and tribal thinking. Simply, you can’t follow the commandments to love, or the social ‘shall not’ rules of the Ten Commandments while embracing tribal thinking’s superiority, prejudice, oppression and violence.

Each of these major worldviews finds Truth in a different way, satisfies a different need. An argument based on one worldview does not effect or touch someone who is into a different worldview. One often gets an assumption of stupidity. If someone has a different worldview, one does not get an attempt to understand, but rather an accusation of stupidity, an inability to think in any perspective but one’s own.
I believe the below is a prime example of embracing tribal thinking as you describe it above (underlining mine). And right from your Polyticks thread, no less. Thanks for tolerating and shining a light on this.
Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:15 am
I'll just leave it at this, Europeans dominated the entire world, created all the innovation in the world, created the scientific method and all medical advances, even a nuclear bomb.

I don't have to put a value on that, let's say that I am not even calling it "good" - just that it is.

Others haven't, and are not capable, of doing such things. You have to appeal to things like "unfair" and fantasyland ideas - to try to explain it all away and act like those aren't realities. They are obvious realities to even a retard who tries to be truthful.

History is what it is and we know the results.

You are either a cult member, or a retard, or both because you can't counter any actual fact that I stated before or just now. And you won't, because you aren't honest and you can't, in any case.

It is proven yet again you have no truth in you.

Even if I were the meanest, "bigot" "tribal" "-phobe" whatever the dumb name calling of the day (and I am not any of those), it still would not change the fact that Europeans in many ways are more advanced than other human groups. You won't respond to this, because you can't.

Goodbye. Your leftist leader is waiting for you in the Gulag - even then you won't admit you are a diseased imbecile - you'll act surprised why as a friend of the lies, you weren't spared.

Bob Butler

Re: Worldviews

Post by Bob Butler »

Guest wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:54 am
I believe the below is a prime example of embracing tribal thinking as you describe it above (underlining mine). And right from your Polyticks thread, no less. Thanks for tolerating and shining a light on this.
Acknowledged. Agreed, the post you selected is a prime example.

I think I responded at the time by referencing Jared Diamond’s book Guns Germs and Steel. He has Europe dominating China as Europe is very divided, naturally encourages more nations, more competition. They made better use of guns and steel, and had a disease immunity advantage which allowed them to dominate the Americas.

European dominance can be quite well explained without embracing tribal thinking.

https://www.amazon.com/Guns-Germs-Steel ... 1565115147

Curiously, a long time ago it was proposed that the philosophies of the religious Tao was a significant factor. At one point, the Chinese had a vast trading fleet that could have put the profits of the eventual shipping revolution in Chinese hands. At the same time they could have confronted Mongolia, prevented their becoming the power they did. But the emperor of China at that time was Taoist. He saw a virtue of inaction, a reluctance to act, an acceptance of the status quo. No more fleets sailed. No confrontation with Mongolia.

I suspect this is what Diamond meant by Europe being more competitive and divided. One man with an odd philosophy could not blunt progress as much. If Columbus could not convince one king, he could go to another. If a new approach was better, then one of the nations of Europe would embrace it. The nations which stuck with the old ways faded.

Cool Breeze

Re: Polyticks: Bob Butler's Perspective

Post by Cool Breeze »

The funniest part is the confirmation of two things: your ignorance and the general idea, which Diamond himself was criticized for by his fellow leftists! Namely, that the Euros are more advanced, which you agree, and which by trying to explain away you confirm! So funny.

Thanks for proving the point again.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:40 pm
The funniest part is the confirmation of two things: your ignorance and the general idea, which Diamond himself was criticized for by his fellow leftists! Namely, that the Euros are more advanced, which you agree, and which by trying to explain away you confirm! So funny.

Thanks for proving the point again.
The relevant part is why they are more advanced, competition and division into multiple nations, not genetic superiority.

Who are the critics? References rather than empty claims?

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Go look up a wiki entry on him.

You're a materialist who doesn't believe in the material, it's bizarre. They aren't more advanced, they're just more advanced. Great logic, classic bish

Post by Guest »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:40 pm
Namely, that the Euros are more advanced, which you agree...
I don't agree that the Euros are more advanced in all areas.

Consider "Attachment to their natural surroundings and natural life" or any other number of chosen categories that don't emphasize the values of Faustian Civilization.

Post by Guest »

Another chosen category could be "Availability of Dental Care". Faustian Civilization has "advanced" dental offices that offer root canals or whatever whereas hunter gatherers don't have anything like that. Ergo! Hunter gatherers are less advanced. Not necessarily. Most hunter gatherers have a caries rate of less than 1 tooth per hundred, so "advanced" dental offices aren't needed.

Bob Butler

Diamond

Post by Bob Butler »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:26 pm
Go look up a wiki entry on him.

You're a materialist who doesn't believe in the material, it's bizarre. They aren't more advanced, they're just more advanced. Great logic, classic bish
I did visit his Wiki page. A lot more awards (Pulitzer among others) than criticisms. The criticisms were not on Guns, Germs and Steel. As his results are political and effect the race issue, sure, you are going to find a reaction to his views by those committed to racial superiority.

I believe that there are reasons Europe dominated during the Industrial Age and to a lesser degree today. They are just not due to racism, to superior genetics by a particular group. The "They aren't more advanced, they're just more advanced" conclusion is your own misunderstanding of Diamond.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

The argument has never been made that group X is more advanced in every way than group Y. It's just bizarre that all groups want to go to European civilizations, regardless, if it means so little.

I don't care much about this except for that it's just obvious truth and confirmed by everyone's real desires and footsteps, how they actually vote or live life - their actions, not what they say.

For the materialist, this is clearly the case. Every human is made in the image of God, so whether they are advanced in particular ways is meaningful only in so much as they use their talents for the glory of God. As western nations stand, materialism and atheism have run amok, so they are now accursed, having once been blessed. Notice that this pretty much only occurred after the leftists came and destroyed the native population, slowly, but surely. The lazy, old generations didn't keep vigilant. What's funny is now they blame younger generations for their errors or lack of discipline, principle.

Bob Butler

Defining and Redefing a Discussion.

Post by Bob Butler »

Guest wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:34 pm
I don't agree that the Euros are more advanced in all areas.

Consider "Attachment to their natural surroundings and natural life" or any other number of chosen categories that don't emphasize the values of Faustian Civilization.
There are certainly lots of ways to define 'advanced'. They certainly don't all agree with one another. The relevant definition to this conversation is whether racial genetic superiority or the factors mentioned in Guns, Germs and Steel (weapons, competition, longitudinal corridors and disease immunities) are more relevant. Other definitions may be pertinent to something, but don't relate to what we are discussing.