French study warns of the massive scale of Chinese influence around the world

Topics related to current and historical events occurring in various countries and regions
tetmo

French study warns of the massive scale of Chinese influence around the world

Post by tetmo »

The report meticulously maps out China's means of exerting influence abroad, from "most benign (public diplomacy) to the most malignant, (clandestine activities)," including attempt to agressively manipulate public opinion abroad through think-tanks, "Confucius Insitutions" and media.

https://www.rfi.fr/en/international/202 ... -the-world

thomasglee

Re: French study warns of the massive scale of Chinese influence around the world

Post by thomasglee »

tetmo wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:38 pm
The report meticulously maps out China's means of exerting influence abroad, from "most benign (public diplomacy) to the most malignant, (clandestine activities)," including attempt to agressively manipulate public opinion abroad through think-tanks, "Confucius Insitutions" and media.

https://www.rfi.fr/en/international/202 ... -the-world
Does the study discuss how much influence the Chinese have over the French?

Both sides believe they are playing the other.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

tetmo

Re: French study warns of the massive scale of Chinese influence around the world

Post by tetmo »

Not sure. It's 646 pages written in French. A quick search doesn't yield an obvious and easy to get English version.

EBrown68

Post by EBrown68 »

This is extremely worrying and the worst thing is - people don't seem to realize how bad that it is. We keep talking about other countries' issues and how they can be resolved, but China? Forget about it! We have a trade deal with them, they're too powerful... Double standards... I just hope we never take their social credit system, but I'm afraid we're headed there...