Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
aeden

Re: Financial topics

Post by aeden »

The whole world knows that we have no leadership at the top just an empty suit with a teleprompter (and he can’t even get that right).
They look at America’s weakness.
Last edited by aeden on Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

I fear that the swamp likes the CCP slave model of surveillance and will follow suit. It seems a military coup is the only answer, especially if they have all of these voting farces written codified to make sure no one can counteract their power grabs.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

richard5za wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:52 am
Higgenbotham wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:44 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgZBCF3C_y4

Nenner called for a 3370 top for the S&P in January of last year. That was the most accurate call I saw near last year's high (before the pandemic). In this video he calls for a 3980 top for this year. It just hit a record high at 3980 a couple minutes ago. We know analysts aren't consistently right, but it's probably worth mentioning. I exited Russell 2000 shorts and am back to 100% cash. The Russell is down this morning. I plan to short the S&P soon. I don't really think 3980 will hold it. I was looking for more like 4200 by about March 26, but I think we're close enough to start shorting the S&P. Nenner does say his cycle top is in late March.
With the FED pledging to keep interest rates lower for longer, I reckon your figure of 4200 could be good.
Now a message for Cool: In every bubble the people who are invested are emotionally driven to claim that their investments are good and will make lots of money. You might be right - we need to accept that the markets make fools of all of us from time to time. And you may be wrong! I'm not taking the risk putting my money into something I don't understand which in my view is the better wisdom.
So Cool Breeze stick around in this forum and lets see where all this ends up.
You should never do anything you are uncomfortable with, don't have knowledge of, or conviction in. I do have those things regarding investing in BTC, because I am aware of the environment and precisely why BTC has shined and will continue to. Of course, I'll stick around. The question is, when will these guys admit they are wrong? I foresee more Peter Schiff responses as it passes 100k. Howard Marks, another dummy, just said BTC is a place to be. But what does he know about investing. My arguments are convincing on their own, but the best part is that guys like Higgy, who can't counter my points, also suggest that Marks/Jones/Saylor/Musk/Druckenmiller etc don't know what they are talking about or doing, even though they finally admitted, AFTER being skeptics, that they finally "get it."

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

richard5za wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:01 am
Very amusing and skillfully written! I had a good belly laugh!
Two week chart? Come on Higgy, even you can do better than that. richard, that's pathetic stuff right there

Notice that Higgy still doesn't have a real objection to BTC. My conclusion is that he actually doesn't understand it. At all.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:15 pm
richard5za wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:01 am
Very amusing and skillfully written! I had a good belly laugh!
Two week chart? Come on Higgy, even you can do better than that. richard, that's pathetic stuff right there

Notice that Higgy still doesn't have a real objection to BTC. My conclusion is that he actually doesn't understand it. At all.

Two weeks ago, I merely suggested to you that you might be able to find better performing bubbles than Bitcoin in other places like Cassava Sciences at this time.

You were so enamored with your particular Bitcoin bubble that you didn't even consider it.

And the long and short of it was that Cassava Sciences vastly outperformed your Bitcoin bubble, as I had suggested.

Now you've thrown a little hissy fit and temper tantrum because you're in the wrong bubble. Well, I'm sorry that you couldn't understand the correct bubble to be in even when I told you what it was.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

You just don't understand bubbles at all. And you should because you're in one that is going to burst. Please, don't throw another hissy fit and get your panties all in a wad when it does. Just say thanks for trying to help and promise you'll do better next time.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:07 pm
I fear that the swamp likes the CCP slave model of surveillance and will follow suit.
Cool Breeze 3/15/2021 06:28:12 pm

The only real way out is with Jesus Christ who defeated death by his own death, and with whom you will live and find eternal things - may He grant that we repent and be with Him.

In the meanwhile, it's not too late - even in this material world - the way out (for here, for now) is bitcoin. You are welcome.

No, it isn't too expensive. Get some. Sit back and watch how a stranger on the internet clued you into the craziest, wildest, most beautiful innovation you could have ever hoped for - especially given your comments and frustration.

-Angel in Disguise
https://www.reckonin.com/oh-mama/i-am-done

How many sites are you posting this stuff on?

Do you rotate from site to site all day?

You really seem to have the talking points down.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Suggestion: Change your handle as you rotate from site to site. Or maybe you forgot just this one time.

aeden

Post by aeden »

Amos chapter 6 is the the hour we are in.
This third woe marks the finishing of God’s judgment which is truly just. The end of the Church age we rather contend.
Only a few shall be left. Those who can see even alittle.
The remnant will remain to bury the dead and to stare out over the rubble as was His Times also.
Lately we bury Friends and Family as we help those who have vision issues from age and infirmities.
The hour is late indeed my friend.
As it was seen yesterday the day I took off I had the honor to meet a woman with four children in
a park and it appears my grandchild will learn with them also in this wilderness park we had went to.
As we seen and noted six markers have been proved which will not be understood but to those who had an eye for this hour alone.
Like a glass of water in the affairs of the days thankfully provided as this impossible meeting from nowhere.....
We do not know if they can awake. The seal is indeed set.

thread: amos
chapter 6 The complacent . . . The overconfident . . .

Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:10 pm
We have watched this again and they never learn... Even us who have watched from Corporate for decades are stunned and also the social darwinism as they destroy themselves with pragmatic efficencys. They have no idea what is coming and think every one else will save there bent of mind top to bottom.
We shall see. Amos warned us also

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

For review. The herding effect is the best tool that bubble promoters try to take advantage of. Even Isaac Newton got caught.

Higgenbotham wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:21 pm
Higgenbotham wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:31 am
aedens wrote:Also I convey a story from Isaac Newton, which may be true and, in any case, is a great story from Jeremy Grantham.
Newton had the great good luck to get into the South Sea Bubble early. He made a really decent investment and a very quick killing, which mattered to him. It was enough to count. He then got out, and suffered the most painful experience that can happen in investing: he watched all of his friends getting disgustingly rich. He lost his cool and got back in, but to make up for lost time, he got back in with a whole lot more (some of it borrowed), nicely caught the decline, and was totally wiped out. And he is reported to have said something like, “I can calculate the movement of heavenly bodies but not the madness of men.”
I've noted this story a couple times, first in 2008, with regards to Newton and Einstein both losing most of their money in bad investments (searching archives for "Newton" will bring up the posts). I believe it was Newton's niece who verified the story. Einstein's bad investments were revealed when many of his personal letters were published a few years ago. It's been my observation through time that otherwise very intelligent scientists and engineers make horrible investors and traders.
This shows two of the reasons mentioned in the post previously.

"One is that really intelligent people often make a lot of great trades right out of the gate, become overconfident, then blow up. This is probably the most common way intelligent people blow up their accounts."

"Another is that just because somebody is intelligent doesn't mean that they don't follow the herd. After all, to some extent, intelligence is just the ability to assimilate other ideas, including the ideas of the herd. Newton was reputed to have lost a considerable sum in the South Sea Bubble."
Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:13 pm
Howard Marks, another dummy, just said BTC is a place to be. But what does he know about investing. My arguments are convincing on their own, but the best part is that guys like Higgy, who can't counter my points, also suggest that Marks/Jones/Saylor/Musk/Druckenmiller etc don't know what they are talking about or doing, even though they finally admitted, AFTER being skeptics, that they finally "get it."
The psychology that he's trying to get to work here is "These other smart people are on board and you should be too. You just don't get it."

No mention of the hundreds of other rich smart billionaire folks who aren't on board and never will be.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

This topic has already been covered multiple times in different ways.

Higgenbotham wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:16 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:40 pm
They also then have to answer why rich, smart people would be involved at all if it is what they characterize it as - a tulip bubble or some other childish idea.
I've been over this multiple times.

You don't think rich, smart people were involved in the tulip bubble?

Rich, smart people have been doing bubbles for decades.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:15 pm
So when you see the billionaires and family offices like Tudor Jones and Druckenmiller getting involved in this, these are the guys who operated solely in the post 1971 bubble environment. They understand bubbles and they know what they are doing with regard to bubbles, but in my opinion that is all they know and they became billionaires solely because they are able to latch onto that kind of thinking (up or down).
Rich, smart people like Warren Buffett who didn't establish themselves in the bubble environment don't do bubbles. Buffett doesn't do Bitcoin. Neither does his partner, Charlie Munger, who calls Bitcoin "rat poison".