Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
aedens

Re: Financial topics

Post by aedens »

I closed my short monday. Jobs report tomorrow. Watching futures closer for some time now.
Energy prices have stabilized as we watch the usual suspects. Who can be trusted is the fact
of the matter right now. The feds I feel sent a correct signal to monitor water, wheat and weather.
Leave us to our business and the marxist clap traps to the dust bins of history where it belongs.
Senate is punching at the wrong people as things acumulate on there stupidity ledger and watch.

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

Looks like if the S&P goes down about 3% more it will get to its 200 day moving average. After that I think it will fall fast. Seems like an exciting week to me. Although, I think crashes should happen on Mondays. So maybe down more this week and sharply Friday, then a crash on Monday after everyone has had the weekend to realize they don't want to be holding stocks.

gerald

Post by gerald »

First bankers commit suicide ---now ---

Argentine Banking System Archives Destroyed By Deadly Fire
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-02-0 ... eadly-fire

----------------------------------------------

I once knew a bartender -- now deceased -- who had two classy restaurants burned out from under him on early Sunday mornings, after closing. Each incident was within weeks of each other.
The owner of said restaurants was having "problems"

aedens

Post by aedens »

vincecate wrote:Looks like if the S&P goes down about 3% more it will get to its 200 day moving average. After that I think it will fall fast. Seems like an exciting week to me. Although, I think crashes should happen on Mondays. So maybe down more this week and sharply Friday, then a crash on Monday after everyone has had the weekend to realize they don't want to be holding stocks.
"The rules of morality are not the conclusions of our reason." - David Hume

In deference to our dilema then it was thought that Hume was in no doubt of the quid facti (the matter of fact, the existence) of causality or morality but that his skepticism merely consisted in his inability to account for the quid juris, the foundational justification of them.

Are those eating sardines or trading sardines?

http://finviz.com/futures_performance.ashx?v=13

Commodity prices suggest that the global economy is holding up.

http://www.yardeni.com/pub/GMB.pdf

http://www.ism.ws/ISMReport/MfgROB.cfm

Commodities Up in Price
Copper; Electrical Components; Natural Gas; Plastic Resins (2); Polypropylene Resins; Stainless Steel (2); Steel (2); Steel — Hot Rolled (3); and Wood (3).

Caustic Soda is the only commodity reported in short supply.

Note: The number of consecutive months the commodity is listed is indicated after each item.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-02-0 ... 14-edition

rule 14 of 25. Question motives. Twist or amplify any fact which could so taken to imply that the opponent operates out of a hidden personal agenda or other bias.

The Fourth Turning is a Crisis, a decisive era of secular upheaval, when the values regime propels the replacement of the old civic order with a new one.

V about time it goes down what can be done already has.

[Late Latin agōnista, contender, from Greek agōnistēs, from agōn, contest; see agony.]
Attachments
shocked.jpg
shocked.jpg (23.15 KiB) Viewed 3077 times
Last edited by aedens on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:11 am, edited 7 times in total.

aedens

Post by aedens »

1. The CBOE VIX Index. If you want a signal to buy the open tomorrow, look no further than the VIX. With a close of 21.44 today, that is a one year high for the “Fear Index”. Buy when others are fearful, right?
Not so fast, Captain America… Remember that the last year was still under the sway of central bank policy and therefore exhibited very low price volatility. So a one year high doesn’t count.
Rather, consider that the 30 year average for the VIX is 20, and the standard deviation is about 6. That means 26 is the first stop on the VIX’s move higher (and it will likely go higher) before you can consider it a reliable “Buy” signal.
2. Gold Prices. Thus far in 2014, gold prices have done exactly what they should – move independently of financial assets. The yellow metal is up 4.5% year to date.
To signal a bottom in risk assets, however, gold is going to have to start going down. Think back to 2008, when it went from $975 in February to $718 in October as the financial crisis took its toll. That’s because when investors feel real pain, they sell everything. We aren’t there yet, so look for a few days when gold declines right alongside stocks.
3. Oil Prices. Crude oil prices have been remarkably resilient, starting the year at $98.42 and closing yesterday at $96.70. A piece of that strength is clearly Japan’s continued use of petroleum products rather than nuclear power, as well as the cold weather in the U.S. Still, if China were really imploding, would oil really be over $90/barrel? It seems unlikely. We therefore put oil prices in the same bucket as gold – until they start having a few bad days, don’t tell me all the bad news is baked into financial asset prices.
4. Treasury Yields. What a difference one month makes. At the end of last year, bonds were about as popular as the Hollandaise sauce on a cruise ship afflicted with mass food poising. Fast forward a month, and the largest exchange traded funds in the fixed income space are up over 1.5% even as equities falter. The claim that the old “60/40” mix of stocks/bonds in a portfolio is dead is, well, dead. Diversification still works.
Still, the safety trade back into bonds does signal something more ominous: lousy growth in the back half of 2014 and the increased chance of a shallow (but noticeable) global recession later this year. Look for 10 year Treasury yields to bottom at 2.5%, but any further decline means risk assets will get that next move lower.
5. Money flows. The largest shocker of 2014 is that U.S. listed ETF money flows are negative, to the tune of $15.4 billion in outflows. These have been so routinely positive for years now that any story about a “Bottom” for equities needs to explain why (and when) investors will start to be net buyers again. To put a finer point on this, since the beginning of the year investors have redeemed almost $28 billion of AUM in just 5 ETFs: SPY, EEM, IWM, VWO, and QQQ.
In short, we would like to see these flows flatten out and start to reverse. t

aedens

Post by aedens »

http://www.corpwatch.org/

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/bl ... c-20140108

If Kisses were dollars, the girl that kisses too many, debases her currency.
Attachments
fredgraph.png
fredgraph.png (18.25 KiB) Viewed 3059 times

aedens

Post by aedens »

We believe that sustainable businesses give priority to safety, health and environmental and security considerations. This implies a full compliance with legal, permit and other regulatory requirements which apply to our operations. Our internal standards, objectives, performance tracking, procedures and audits are the foundation for our continuous improvement and operational excellence and are applied globally.
We design, manufacture and market our products and services in an ecologically and socially sound manner and to the benefit of our customers and in dialogue with our stakeholders. We manage our risks via a systematic identification of hazards, an assessment of the associated risks and the implementation of the appropriate controls with verification of the integrity of this process.
The company will provide resources, training and information, when and where needed to achieve our strategic and operational goals. We expect from all employees a full commitment to Safety, Health, Environment Values, and we should all lead by example. A positive attitude from all of us contributes to the high level SHE culture to which we are dedicated.

Now the work begins

aedens

Post by aedens »

Many will not understand even when Plato understood.

totalitarian political system masquerading as a religion
moderates understand confusion shelters corruption
just that simple all over

"The rules of morality are not the conclusions of our reason." - David Hume

Open minds are OK until nothing stays in it. A few have expectations above those who concede
some expectations are a study in futility.
Attachments
RedMoonChart.png
RedMoonChart.png (24.52 KiB) Viewed 3033 times
Last edited by aedens on Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aedens

Post by aedens »

gerald wrote:
In this day and age an "honest" man is almost a fool.

When dealing with crooks, can one be "honest"?
Yes, since only one thing is expected since the price was already paid for us. The one who is victorious will not be hurt at all by the second death. When the subject-matter is figurative or obscure, as though to rouse the attention of his hearers. He has "ears to hear" who diligently attends to the words of Christ, that he may ponder and obey them. Many heard him out of curiosity, that they might bear something new, or learned, or brilliant; not that they might lay to heart the things which they heard, and endeavor to practice them in their lives. I find Timothy seen it in action as they turned away as a reflection lasting in the mirror of our very own lives. Time may not cure all problems as we add pages to avert consequences already written.
John 5:34 Not that I accept human testimony; but I mention it....

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

aedens wrote:I have noted analyst wrecking ball movements in some plays and ankle deep a few later after the beehive smashes. Nothing new under the sun on those cabal perps.
Is this what you mean?
BEEHIVE SMASH.gif
BEEHIVE SMASH.gif (12.54 KiB) Viewed 3029 times
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.