Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
Higgenbotham

Re: Financial topics

Post by Higgenbotham »

aedens wrote:I think John is right on 3000 dow but on a nominal dollars to a ~15000 dow print. Pass through costs are real for inflation targeting. More are being left behind... "wasting" jlak seen it as we do I feel also.
http://generationaldynamics.com/forum/v ... 1260#p2958
Higgenbotham wrote:If he jacks prices up over what the consumer can afford, the economy will contract anyway, maybe not so much in price but in volume of movement of goods, which in my opinion is worse than letting prices fall.
The government's annual Family Food survey, which provides the most detailed annual snapshot of food and drink spending and consumption, found that weekly spending per person on all household food in 2011 was £27.99, an increase of 1.5% on the previous year. But because of price rises, that bought less food - 4.2% less in 2011 than in 2007.

The survey also showed how households saved 6.8% by "trading down" to cheaper – and in many cases, less healthy – products, hitting consumption of fresh fruit and vegetables.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/ ... tion-falls

These are aggregate numbers and in this instance aggregate numbers are what matter.

I use weasel words here like "may" and "perhaps" quite a bit, but not in this instance. Britain is in a more advanced state of decay than the US, but not by much, and the US could quickly overtake it. Bernanke is pushing price at the expense of future throughput, and in the final analysis economic systems are physical systems, not systems of money flow. In the extreme already created, there will be minimal throughput, minimal jobs, starving people, reduced population, bankrupt corporations, and little to buy unless it is produced locally. That's not a recipe for the resurrection of the current economy - ever. The Dow will go to its current intrinsic value, which is zero. When this forecast turns out to be correct, I won't have any bragging rights because nobody will have time to read this forum. Those who are left will be spending all their time trying to survive. Of this I am 100% certain because the die is already cast and I'll put a time frame on that - no more than 5 years.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

aedens

Post by aedens »

They generally regard the United States as a grain colony now. They will keep it that way. Taxpayers are never going to get it anyway.
They will literally waste away mind, soul and body of course from the best scientific methods. Blair really did them in over there beyond
a doubt as they did to us In metro. It is just asserting traction here as they bang heads in lansing. Seen it develope from the ground up.
Just the nature of things ongoing.
Last edited by aedens on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

jlak seen it as we do I feel also.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2&start=1260#p2958
mannfm11 wrote:In any case, his (Bernanke's) philosophy is that if something is bankrupt, you might as well see how bankrupt you can get it before it collapses.
This is what mann wrote under jlak's post back in 2009 and it's precisely and succinctly correct. This is when money flow ceases to make a difference because it can't cure bankruptcy in the long run - only make it irreversible, which is where Bernanke has taken it.
Last edited by Higgenbotham on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

aedens

Post by aedens »

Yes I underpinned Jlak and the dialog has not shifted just the rherotic from above to spending amnesia.
As they say in .gov just add 5 percent per year per department and your budget is complete.
Last edited by aedens on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

The problem is this isn't the 1920s or 1930s. Whether there was deflation as in the US or hyperinflation as in Weimar, the sole proprietor had nowhere to go and kept his business open with reduced throughputs and lower income. The large corporate retail businesses that exist today don't operate on that model. With reduced thoughputs they lay off and close units. When enough units are closed the fixed overheads are too high to make profit. A sole proprietor can survive a 50% contraction of throughput but a mega corporation can not make a profit at some percentage of contraction and the wealthy owners can be fine with closing the doors because they don't need the business to survive and have no incentive to keep losing money.
Higgenbotham wrote:My prediction 2 years ago as you quoted was that some of the big box units would get recycled in this manner after a bankruptcy. Since then, a lot of damage has been done to the economy with QE2, etc. My initial reaction is to say it will be impossible to get a reconstitution of big box retail in most or all US metro areas due to the damage inflicted over the past 2 years. More likely is that most US cities will decay and crumble, and most big box structures will be abandoned.
No need I can see to change this view from October 14, 2011. The actions since have made this a certainty. This specifies the effect that mann described, which I would term the inability to reconstitute. The wasting process Bernanke has employed has had 4 effects - depletion of savings to reconstitute, depletion of time to reconstitute due to the aging of the population, depletion of knowledge to reconstitute, and depletion of opportunities to reconstitute as the general economy has become more unsound and unstable. But we need to remember too that the Senate didn't have to reconfirm Bernanke in 2010 and they were adequately warned.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/26/opini ... .html?_r=0

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Arrested Deutsche Bank Staff to Be in Court: Prosecutor
By Karin Matussek - Dec 13, 2012 11:18 AM CT

Four Deutsche Bank AG (DBK) employees arrested on allegations of obstruction of justice and money laundering were ordered to remain in custody while the investigation is pending.

The fifth suspect arrested yesterday was released because of health issues, Guenter Wittig, a spokesman for the Frankfurt General Prosecutor, said by phone today. He declined to explain the court’s ruling or identify any suspects.

The case is part of a criminal probe over tax-evasion allegations linked to the sale of carbon-emission certificates in which prosecutors are investigating a total of 25 people at Deutsche Bank. The lender’s German offices were raided yesterday and Co-Chief Executive Officer Juergen Fitschen and Chief Financial Officer Stefan Krause, who weren’t arrested, are subjects of the probe.
Prosecutors are investigating about 190 people in total, according to Wittig.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-1 ... cutor.html

aedens

Post by aedens »

Suzanne Collins resides in Sandy Hook, Connecticut, with her husband and their two children.This horrific crime was perpetrated at [Sandy Hook Elementary in Newton, next to the town] in which the author of ‘The Hunger Games’ lives. These are never random events. This appears to be a deliberately chosen place and symbolic false flag and a child sacrifice ritual that the Illuminati love so much. Hunger games is all about sacrificing 24 children to discourage the people from rising up. The sacrifice is there punishment. h/t avm
http://vigilantcitizen.com/moviesandtv/ ... rld-order/

Last week, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke announced that The Fed would be purchasing $85 billion per month starting in January 2013. That amounts to $1.02 trillion in Fed bond purchases.
Coincidentally, that amount is nearly equal to the Federal governments expected budget deficit of over $1 trillion.
The middle class no longer exists so get over that notion and the FED has no demand to unwind into.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Last week, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke announced that The Fed would be purchasing $85 billion per month starting in January 2013.
CALLER: I was born in Moscow. I still have fear, and I'm terrified by seeing what's going on four years in this country. I'm terrified that people can put an Obama in Oval Office, back again. I see whole symptoms. They're there. I communicate with many people, and I see how uneducated and unopen-minded they are. They cannot believe it, what they hearing.

Hunger games is all about sacrificing 24 children to discourage the people from rising up.
CALLER: And question number one: Do they understand when he use them, what happened after that?

The sheep are acquiescing to round after round of financial shearing and when that's finished the real games can get going. I'm still amazed the sheep bought into that book I mentioned - "Who Moved my Cheese". I doubt it will be as centralized and organized as the link depicts. Probably more as depicted in A Distant Mirror.
Last edited by Higgenbotham on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

aedens

Post by aedens »

The ones who read who moved my cheese all quit here. Some of them had to take a ethics class earlier. A few of them contract back off and on after the
market had there way with them. They simply did not understand that history is the dismal science. Complicated process to turn things around at times H
given the compliances and legal constructs. Its coming, yes it is, and we prepared so thats just the way it is and we cannot calibrate a reality meter.
We have made vast internal changes and I think the executive committee did a good job on many fronts in our scope. Countless never will ever imagine
what it like for us.

After a while Hem’s and Haw’s confidence grew into arrogance. Soon they became so comfortable they didn’t even notice what was happening.
While Hem and Haw were still trying to decide what to do, Sniff and Scurry were already on their way.

Why is eternity forever? the horizon deceives - Some say their ships above sea sailing on winds of belief - Why waves destroy our theories bear me again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMNwi0AujFs
Last edited by aedens on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Last edited by Reality Check on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.