Trolls: Should we ID them? Am I one..!?

The interplay of politics and the media with music and culture
FishbellykanakaDude

Trolls: Should we ID them? Am I one..!?

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

OK,.. who really believes that trolls can't be very easily identified when encountered on "the Interwebz"..!?

Should trolls be "reported", and to whom? Even within the tiny ecosystem of a forum, should they be ID'd?

..and seriously,.. am I a troll? I don't really feel like a troll. I'm a non-expert in anything, and I'm here for the interesting perspective the site offers, as well as tossing out the occasional viewpoint of my own in as meaningful, and/or amusing, a way as possible.

The idea that "Russian Trolls" have had a "huge influence" on the US body politic just seems insane to me. Are consumers of "internet opinion from anonymous wankers" REALLY that not-too-bright?

..inquisitive minds just gotta KNOW! ..and girls just wanna have fuh-uhn, oh yeah, girls just wanna have f u n...

Mahaloz and aloha to yuz all! :) <shaka nui loa!>

John

Re: Trolls: Should we ID them? Am I one..!?

Post by John »

FishbellykanakaDude wrote: > The idea that "Russian Trolls" have had a "huge influence" on the
> US body politic just seems insane to me. Are consumers of
> "internet opinion from anonymous wankers" REALLY that
> not-too-bright?
Yeah, I agree.

That special prosecutor indictment yesterday -- 11 Russian trolls and
the troll factory in St. Petersburg. This is so pathetic as to be
unbelievable (except that the bar for belief is so low these days that
almost anything is believable).

So Robert Mueller spent hundreds of millions of dollars to discover
that Russian trolls hired by the troll factory, the Internet Research
Agency in St. Petersburg Russia, have been "meddling" in American
politics. Here's an article I wrote about it in 2014:

** 15-Aug-14 World View -- Russia uses an army of trolls on social media (Internet Research Agency)
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e140815

I'm constantly attacked by Russian trolls, particularly whenever I
write an article on any of these subjects: Russia's invasion of
eastern Ukraine, Russia's shooting down of the MH17 passenger plane
with a Buk missile, Russia invading and annexing Crimea, Vladimir
Putin bragging about how he fooled the West by lying about his plans
to invade and annex Crimea, Bashar al-Assad using Sarin gas on
innocent civilians, Bashar al-Assad using chlorine gas to force women
and children into the open so he can slaughter them en masse with
missiles, and so forth.

I've been have a really hard time trying to decide who's more sleazy,
sickening and disgusting: Vladimir Putin, Sergei Lavrov, Ayatollah
Seyed Ali Khamenei, or Bashar al-Assad. They're all pieces of scum
who treat people as cockroaches to be exterminated.

I'm often attacked by multiple Russian trolls at the same time. So
it's a relief that now Robert Mueller will finally SOLVE this problem.

OMG!!!! I am SOOOOOO glad that the special prosecutor has discovered
that this is going on and has taken the appropriate legal action.
These indictments should make Americans feel so much safer, because we
now know just how competent our government is.

uncertainty

Post by uncertainty »

This is such a complex issue.

In the main this narrative that Mueller and the left are trying to advance that Russia "swayed" the election is just garbage. To make a case that they had a meaningful impact is pretty far fetched and can never be substantially supported which may be in part why they are clinging to it. The democrats just need to man the fuck up and take a loss and learn from it. How are we going into the second year and still hearing them bitch about this??? I'm so tired of people forfeiting their responsibility and playing the victim when things don't turn out how they like. Yes the system is broken but that doesn't mean it isn't on you to make your own decisions and deal with the consequences.

A large aspect that you guys alluded to is enforcement. Something people still seem to have such a hard time wrapping their minds around is that you can't police the Internet. Americans love to think they control everything but they don't. Yeah its nice that the big tech companies are in America but what about the ones outside of America? Is the government going to sue The Guardian or The Economist if they publish something that pertains to the election but lacks credible evidence? Is America going to fact check every comment section???

Do I like the idea that foreign countries have systemically attempted to influence our election? Fuck no. Should they take actions to make sure this stuff doesn't happen? Probably. Is it still going to happen? Probably. Is what they are doing to the American political system any worse than what we did to ourselves with Citizen's United and Super PACs? Not by a long shot.

Do I think you are a troll? Hell no.

There is this huge level of irony in my mind when it comes to this issue. The implication that Russia meddled in the election undermined America's sovereignty. The irony being that they influenced the election in favor of the guy positioning himself as trying to return America's sovereignty back to its people. Whether or not he actually will is another discussion but its hard to believe Clinton would've done more in that capacity based on her track record. Thank you Russian trolls.

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

uncertainty wrote:...

Thank you Russian trolls.
OMG OMG OMG...!!!!

..Heisenberg thanked the TROLLS..!!!

That's PROOF! Proof I tell you!!

<chuckle!>

..and I like "Heisenberg" better than "uncertainty" as your nom de langage de forum!

Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

FishbellykanakaDude wrote:
*POOF* Wha?? How????