Steve Bannon: Always the Rebel

The interplay of politics and the media with music and culture
uncertainty

Steve Bannon: Always the Rebel

Post by uncertainty »

Figured I would start a thread on the new book to see if there were any interesting takes out there.

What I constantly find interesting about Steve is that he always intentionally leaving bread crumbs for people to follow. It's obviously part of his game. There were a couple instances in this book that I thought were interesting. First he alluded to the fact that, as some have speculated, the behavior of Trump is planned in order to achieve larger objectives. The second was how he showed some of the play book on how he beat the left and how if they don't act similar then they will continue to lose.

So why does he leave a trail? I suspect there are a few operating mechanisms. One of them is he seems like a guy that views the truth as a force for good. Second I think he realizes that the logical conclusion for a similar movement on the left would, much as he is doing now with the GOP, result in overthrowing the power structure of the left and thus further aiding his mission.

Any comments or other insights from the book? :geek:

uncertainty

Re: Steve Bannon: Always the Rebel

Post by uncertainty »

Here is something that doesn't make sense to me. I know we are all going to die in a nuclear brawl, but why does Steve have to troll the world with his stupid fucking double shirts while we are spiraling down. Isn't the world bad enough without Steve intentionally dressing like a complete moron? I guess some men just like to watch the world burn :twisted:

John

Post by John »

uncertainty wrote: > Here is something that doesn't make sense to me. I know we are all
> going to die in a nuclear brawl, but why does Steve have to troll
> the world with his stupid fucking double shirts while we are
> spiraling down. Isn't the world bad enough without Steve
> intentionally dressing like a complete moron? I guess some men
> just like to watch the world burn :twisted:
Trump and Bannon, along with Tillerson and Mattis, are trying to
prevent the cataclysm that's obviously coming. They can't prevent it,
but they're using radically new methods to try. One thing I've
speculated about is that Trump and Bannon appear to be playing a good
cop / bad cop routine on China. Trump sometimes calls Xi Jinping his
BFF, while Bannon says that China is the source of all the world's
troubles. It's worth a try, but nothing else is going to work anyway.
As for your sartorial observation, I have no comment.

uncertainty

Post by uncertainty »

Good to know people are trying! :lol:
Despite the book being blatantly one sided (what do you expect for something plastered on the front page of brietbart) Bannon still seems like a good dude as do you John! This stuff seems really spot on. You've amassed so much information that if this stuff turns out to be true you're going to need a team of hungry graduate students just to catch up nonetheless build on it. Do you ever think people discovered similar stuff in the past and were so frightened by it they destroyed/hid their work from the world? It seems kind of strange that this would just now be discovered but I guess information was a lot more scarce in the past. Keep up the amazing(ly frightening) work! I hope you get some presidential award some day.

uncertainty

Post by uncertainty »

And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off
Telling words if I have ever heard them. The question I wish to pose to you(world) today is this: Is Taylor Swift Steve Bannon? Let's explore.

First and foremost they were one of the firsts to call the media "fake" at a time when no one else at their level of profile was. We continue on with "Shake It Off":
But I keep cruising
Can't stop, won't stop movin'
It's Like I got this music in my mind
Sayin', it's gonna be alright
Sounds ppprrrreeeetttyyyy honey badger if I've ever seen it.
I'll never miss a beat
I'm lightning on my feet
And that's what they don't see, mm-mm
That's what they don't see, mm-mm

I'm dancing on my own (Dancin' on my own)
I'll make the moves up as I go (Moves up as I go)
And that's what they don't know, mm-mm
That's what they don't know, mm-mm
Now Steve seems like a pretty smart independent thinker that is well versed in improvisational tactics. As to whether Steve, I mean, Taylor is telling us something we just don't know. It could be purposed, however, that Taylor alludes to this alternate identity in the following:
To the fella over there with the hella good hair
Won't you come on over baby we could shake, shake, shake (Yeah, oh)
A clear reference to Steve's outrageous good flow. The juxtaposition being her alternate identity could obviously never "come on over", but regardless she suggests they simultaneously "shake, shake, shake" off the haters.

Moving on to "Look What You Made Me Do..."
I don't like your little games
Don't like your tilted stage
The role you made me play
Of the fool, no, I don't like you
I don't like your perfect crime
How you laugh when you lie
You said the gun was mine
Isn't cool, no, I don't like you (Oh!)

But I got smarter, I got harder in the nick of time
Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time
I've got a list of names and yours is in red, underlined
I check it once, then I check it twice, oh!

I don't like your kingdom keys
They once belonged to me
You asked me for a place to sleep
Locked me out and threw a feast (What?)
The world moves on, another day, another drama, drama
But not for me, not for me, all I think about is karma
And then the world moves on, but one thing's for sure
Maybe I got mine, but you'll all get yours
A clear reference to Steve's mistrust of China and resentment of their asymmetrical trading policies and fooling the majority of his fellow Americans into thinking China could be trusted. Awakening to the sobering reality and "rising up" from the dead Steve takes on the task of overcoming the foe (the color red also being telling). Finally we find out what ultimately drew the nail in the coffin for Steve, sorry Taylor. After letting China into the world order America created, on the backs of its population, China ultimately betrayed America for which Taylor thinks of revenge.
Ooh, look what you made me do
Look what you made me do
Look what you just made me do
Look what you just made me
Ooh, look what you made me do
Look what you made me do

I don't trust nobody and nobody trusts me
I'll be the actress starring in your bad dreams
We see Steve feels isolated from this quest and subsequently has lost trust with many around himself. We also hear remorse, owing to high moral standards, of the choices he must make in order to right the wrongs of the past and ensuring "karma" is upheld. "I'll be the actress starring in your bad dreams" likely referring to the SNL "grim reaper" depiction. Finally we see in "I Did Something Bad" what Steve sees to be his fate:
I can feel the flames on my skin
They're burning all the witches, even if you aren't one
They got their pitchforks and proof, their receipts and reasons
They're burning all the witches, even if you aren't one
So light me up (light me up), light me up (light me up)
Light me up, go ahead and light me up (light me up)
Light me up (light me up), light me up (light me up)
Light me up (light me up), light me up
Steve fears that the media ultimately will turn the masses and he will become the "witch" for being the messenger of the sign of things to come and exposing the media for the angry mob that it is.

I will leave it up to the reader to decide if in fact these are the same person. Obviously this raises a lot of questions such as: how can one be a senior white house adviser AND write an album of this caliber. To this I do not know, however, to date there remains no evidence that anyone has ever seen them in the same place at the same time. Coincidence? That is up to you to decide my dear reader.

John

Post by John »

We'll have to give you a new title. How about:
"Generational Dynamics Media and Entertainment Director"?

uncertainty

Post by uncertainty »

I'll take it :!:

uncertainty

Post by uncertainty »

I keep forgetting to post this:

I can recall at some point before discovering GD (if memory serves me correct) watching an interview of Marc Andreessen where he said there is a theory out there where (paraphrasing) "wars start when the last people who experience them die off". Thought that was interesting because it implied he may be aware of GD. Was never able to find the interview where he said it. Figured I'd post it here because it seems that rascal Steve is some how involved with him knowing.