26-May-11 News -- Thailand election - ethnic clashes

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John
Posts: 11486
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
Contact:

26-May-11 News -- Thailand election - ethnic clashes

Post by John »

26-May-11 News -- Thailand election portends more ethnic clashes

Thaksin Shinawatra's sister may become prime minister

** 26-May-11 News -- Thailand election portends more ethnic clashes
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... b#e110526b



** 26-May-11 World View -- Greece deepens Europe's financial crisis
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 26#e110526




Contents:
"Thailand election portends more ethnic clashes"
"The consequences of a Yingluck victory"

### World View -- Greece deepens Europe's financial crisis
"Bitter fights over Greece's debt deepen Europe's financial crisis"
"Tribal violence in Yemen spreads outside the capital Sanaa"
"David Cameron confirms continued heavy U.S. role in Libya"
"Syria's president Bashar Assad loses Erdogan's support"
"Circassians in Caucasus applaud Georgia's recognition of Russia's genocide"

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Thailand, Thaksin Shinawatra,
Yingluck Shinawatra, Abhisit Vejjajiva, Pheu Thai party

Keys:
Generational Dynamics,
Greece, Sisyphus, George Papandreou, ECB, Yemen, Sanaa,
Ali Abdullah Saleh, Sadiq al-Ahmar, Hashid tribe, David Cameron,
Bashar al-Assad, Tayyip Erdogan, Syria, Turkey, Sochi,
Circassians, Kabardino-Balkaria, Russia, North Caucasus

Guest

Re: 26-May-11 News -- Thailand election - ethnic clashes

Post by Guest »

Your post on the generational crisis in Thai politics mentions it is a fair skinned, Thai-Chinese (yellow) clash with dark skinned, rural Thai-Thais (red). You point out that the Yellow Team will never accept a Yingluck victory, but neglected to mention that the Shinawatra Family are fair skinned, Thai- Chinese! The situation is even more complicated and convoluted than the complications you mention, therefore. Its not clear exactly where Thai Chinese will come down on this point. The Yellow Team is probably best characterized as a Monarchist party, since its really the ruling Royals exercising power behind a largely figurehead Prime Minister. Neglecting the Royals in Thai politics is a huge oversight.

John
Posts: 11486
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
Contact:

Re: 26-May-11 News -- Thailand election - ethnic clashes

Post by John »

Guest wrote: > Your post on the generational crisis in Thai politics mentions it
> is a fair skinned, Thai-Chinese (yellow) clash with dark skinned,
> rural Thai-Thais (red). You point out that the Yellow Team will
> never accept a Yingluck victory, but neglected to mention that the
> Shinawatra Family are fair skinned, Thai- Chinese! The situation
> is even more complicated and convoluted than the complications you
> mention, therefore. Its not clear exactly where Thai Chinese will
> come down on this point. The Yellow Team is probably best
> characterized as a Monarchist party, since its really the ruling
> Royals exercising power behind a largely figurehead Prime
> Minister. Neglecting the Royals in Thai politics is a huge
> oversight.
I understand what you say about Shinawatra being Thai-Chinese, and
perhaps I should have included that fact, but one can only include so
much in a single posting.

Another web site reader wrote that the Thai-Chinese hated
Thaksin because he was spending their money to buy the
votes of the Thai-Thais.

Do I understand you correctly to be saying that the Thai-Chinese
might actually be supportive of Yingluck if she won? If that's
true, then I would be very surprised.

John

john714

Re: 26-May-11 News -- Thailand election - ethnic clashes

Post by john714 »

Who won the election?

-----------
Emmanuel tv 11 news thailand

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests