Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Guest »

Beijing has taken a surprisingly neutral stance towards Russia at the start and since towards Russia. China has not participated in the Sanctions towards Russia and has abstained from in UN votes regarding Russia, and it also has so far refused to provide Russia with an meaningful aid. It makes sense, they are close allies with Russia and an important partner if they want counteract the US dominated world, yet at the same time, the US and it’s closest allies account for the lion’s share of trade with China, anything that disrupts that would have serious negative effects on the Chinese economy. Although they don’t want to push away the Russians, they stand to gain nothing from aiding Russia and only put the Chinese economy at risk sanctions or other disruptions to trade, so the current stance on this conflict makes sense. I doubt these meetings will change that. I suspect it’s just for China to tell Russia and the world that they haven’t abandoned Moscow, but I doubt anything of substance will come from it.

Post by Guest »

“This case is a joke, frankly, and I’ve litigated against that office for 33 years,” said longtime New York criminal-defense attorney Jeffrey Lichtman, who has counted Mexican drug lord El Chapo among his many high-profile clients. “I don’t think that case is winnable.”

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Guest wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:20 am
Beijing has taken a surprisingly neutral stance towards Russia at the start and since towards Russia. China has not participated in the Sanctions towards Russia and has abstained from in UN votes regarding Russia, and it also has so far refused to provide Russia with an meaningful aid. It makes sense, they are close allies with Russia and an important partner if they want counteract the US dominated world, yet at the same time, the US and it’s closest allies account for the lion’s share of trade with China, anything that disrupts that would have serious negative effects on the Chinese economy. Although they don’t want to push away the Russians, they stand to gain nothing from aiding Russia and only put the Chinese economy at risk sanctions or other disruptions to trade, so the current stance on this conflict makes sense. I doubt these meetings will change that. I suspect it’s just for China to tell Russia and the world that they haven’t abandoned Moscow, but I doubt anything of substance will come from it.
Pretty good English for a Chinese. And that's what they'd have us believe. Nothing going on here, nothing to see. Don't worry, everything is fine and just like it was before. Haha

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Guest wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:43 am
“This case is a joke, frankly, and I’ve litigated against that office for 33 years,” said longtime New York criminal-defense attorney Jeffrey Lichtman, who has counted Mexican drug lord El Chapo among his many high-profile clients. “I don’t think that case is winnable.”
Doesn't it appear to be a political theater? It's tabloid fodder for the populace who gave up thinking and only following. There wasn't substance behind Russia-gate or 2 impeachments either. Look at Orange Man bad, don't notice the collapsing economy, burgeoning world war or massive pileup of credible, actual proof of criminality in the sitting Prez

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

China's new world order
https://youtu.be/XqS1N2_uDiE
This seems to describe it quite well in a few minutes. China is sprinting ahead to supplant the US while we dither.

Navigator

Chinese providing Russia Ammunition

Post by Navigator »

The Chinese are actively supporting the Russians. They are just being very quiet about it. So is US, so as to reduce tensions.

https://www.jpost.com/international/article-734760

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Even China gets some things right, some of the time ...

John

Post by John »

Thursday, March 23, 2023 Chinese Nationals in America
Guest wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:20 am
Beijing has taken a
surprisingly neutral stance towards
Russia at the start and since towards
Russia. China has not participated in
the Sanctions towards Russia and has
abstained from in UN votes regarding
Russia, and it also has so far refused
to provide Russia with an meaningful
aid. It makes sense, they are close
allies with Russia and an important
partner if they want counteract the US
dominated world, yet at the same time,
the US and it’s closest allies account
for the lion’s share of trade with
China, anything that disrupts that would
have serious negative effects on the
Chinese economy. Although they don’t
want to push away the Russians, they
stand to gain nothing from aiding Russia
and only put the Chinese economy at risk
sanctions or other disruptions to trade,
so the current stance on this conflict
makes sense. I doubt these meetings will
change that. I suspect it’s just for
China to tell Russia and the world that
they haven’t abandoned Moscow, but I
doubt anything of substance will come
from it
This is a strange piece of text. You
don't identify any sources, nor do you
even identify your own ethnicity or
location. It's even possible that this
text was generated by ChatGPT. So
that's a problem.

But I'll take your statement at face
value, and ask you a couple of
questions.

The issue that I'm addressing is the
loyalty of Chinese nationals in America.
I understand that there are tens or even
hundreds of thousands of them. And
according to recent news reports,
hundreds more are coming across the
southern border. Many of them may have
been sent by the Chinese Communists as
an advance force in preparation for an
attack.

So if there are hostilities between
America and China, what percentage of
Chinese nationals in America will be
loyal to the Chinese Communists?

During WW II, we locked up Japanese
nationals in camps, though we didn't do
the same with German nationals.

What will happen with Chinese nationals?

Post by Guest »

Putin looked like he was going to cry as Xi left the Kremlin. China is now riding Russia and digging in the spurs. How low Russia has sunk in the last few months.

Putin had been worried about his legacy before the Ukraine war. How is his legacy looking now?

What do all the Russia supporters have to say now? Are you going to move to Moscow when you retire?

Re: Chinese providing Russia Ammunition

Post by Guest »

Navigator wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:30 pm
The Chinese are actively supporting the Russians. They are just being very quiet about it. So is US, so as to reduce tensions.

https://www.jpost.com/international/article-734760
I read China got, in addition to pipeline, a long term, multi decade deal for Russian oil at 70% discount.

It's reported Chinese products line Moscow's shelves, and trade up between 2 countries by 30%, with China getting best deal likely.

Meeting was always about economics, not really "peace deal," except to the point it makes China look like "peacemaker" to global south. Some say China doesn't care if war extended, as long as Russia doesn't lose, as it diverts western attention to Ukraine, while China prepares for future attempt to take Taiwan by force, if necessary. So far, China not even able to go through charade of calling President Zelensky over "peace deal;" but perhaps knows Zelensky wants to discuss his own 10 point peace plan, the points in Chinese "plan" that mention territorial integrity and sovereignty, and Zelensky will never accept negotiations without Russian forces leaving Ukraine.

Powerful message by Japan, esp as upcoming G7 leader and substantial aid to Ukraine. Terrific split screen moment. Japanese PM so moving when he visited Bucha.

Russia certainly a servant of China now. China even renamed on published maps, cities taken by Russia, with Chinese names. Perhaps, future problem for "good friends."