Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
thomasglee

Re: Nord Beer

Post by thomasglee »

Bob Butler wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:52 am
Guest wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:30 am
So, I was on the right track after all?
I suspect so. Another wrinkle is that if they don’t repair quickly, the pipes may be ruined. The rushed European effort to accept gas from ships looks to finish sooner than building new pipes from Russia. The delay would let Europe thumb their noses at buying from Russia. If Chornobyl contributed to the fall of the old USSR, the Nord Stream fiasco could end Putin’s attempt at autocratic expansionism. I suspect he needs to export gas more than Europe needs gas from Russia.

Meanwhile, I’m having trouble with a craft beer shortage as a civilization-threatening crisis issue. ;) Apparently, CO2 runs a yearly cycle. There is a lot of demand for it to produce any drink that fizzes during the summer, made worse by global warming, but it might relax as the peak demand eases.
While the information in those link is very plausible, I've also read elsewhere that the pipes are encased in steel reinforced concrete so that even if an aircraft carried drug its anchor across them, they would not break. If it's true they were not built like most land-based pipelines (pipe just laid in trenches and then covered, then the explosive aspect of the "theory" seems to lose some legs. But then again, I'm no expert in undersea gas lines.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

Cool Breeze

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Cool Breeze »

El Cid M wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:16 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:16 pm
John wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:36 pm
Putin is cornered and desperate.
What will he do next?
Burner Prime getting more and more credibility as the pages keep turning.

This is laughable for a geopolitical analysis site.

Did anyone listen to his speech? Every part of it makes perfect sense. It's the people that don't read it who are clueless in that they don't know, don't care to know, and don't care to reason. It's totally bizarre.
Putin looked borderline hysterical yesterday when he announced the annexation of Ukrainian territory. The end of the ceremony, when he joined hands with the puppet leaders of the breakaway regions, was act of crazed desperation. The crushing strain on Putin is glaringly obvious. The ceremony was an embarrassing exercise in vulgarity. Putin knows that he has no way out. Putin has lost control of the war and he is rapidly losing control of Russia. The current political elites in Russia have no honor, only selfish self-interests.

Putin is done.
Timeline?

I don't have a problem with predictions, but if you make one, actually make it.

El Cid M

Post by El Cid M »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:37 am
El Cid M wrote:
Cool Breeze wrote:

Did anyone listen to his speech? Every part of it makes perfect sense. It's the people that don't read it who are clueless in that they don't know, don't care to know, and don't care to reason. It's totally bizarre.
Putin looked borderline hysterical yesterday when he announced the annexation of Ukrainian territory. The end of the ceremony, when he joined hands with the puppet leaders of the breakaway regions, was act of crazed desperation. The crushing strain on Putin is glaringly obvious. The ceremony was an embarrassing exercise in vulgarity. Putin knows that he has no way out. Putin has lost control of the war and he is rapidly losing control of Russia. The current political elites in Russia have no honor, only selfish self-interests.

Putin is done.
Timeline?

How about by Christmas? Or January 10th?

Post by Guest »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:49 pm
I've noticed that no one counters this point, just calls names. Why? One can't counter it.
I've found it the most bizarre thing that people around here act as if they are betraying the US if they talk about how disgusting it is. It is truly disgusting on the institutional levels which run the place - not necessarily all of its citizens, most of whom are good but are leveraged or compromised by keeping up life/materialism, or appearances. Let's be frank, the enemy has never been Russia, and the only reason why anyone thinks it is is because of propaganda from the very sickos that run the swamp, the parasite dual citizens that care about their other country and not the US, the communists in the Democrat party.

We have a half dead president! Wake the F up people, this shit is obvious.
What isn't a lie from the West at this point? It's entire government structure is disgustingly tied to illicit media, violence, disgusting sexual practices, and nearly all the corporations enforce much of this debased stuff, illegally in many cases. What's free about it, right or true? I don't see much.

All I see are people that want materialism to continue. That's coming to an end shortly for over 80% of the population that sold out for promises that were obviously never going to be fulfilled, but sounded good (like the covid jab).
You can`t believe a single word a russian politician says. If you want the truth simply believe the opposite. Example
S. Lavrov "We have no intention of Invading Ukraine"
3 days later russia invaded Ukraine

Post by Guest »

Cool Breeze wrote:
El Cid M wrote:
Cool Breeze wrote:

Putin is done.
Timeline?

If you read the actual experts they’ve long suspected that Russia, much like China, is a bit of a paper tiger militarily. They have numbers but that’s about it. China has no experience with real war and would be easily overwhelmed by a concerted effort. Russia had arrogance, believing it could bluff its way to victory and assumed the west wouldn’t risk helping Ukraine.

Post by Guest »

El Cid M wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:58 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
El Cid M wrote:

Putin is done.
Timeline?

How about by Christmas? Or January 10th?
One bullet through one skull and it will all be over.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Lawmakers Confront a Rise in Threats and Intimidation, and Fear Worse
Saturday
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA12ukex

END OF DAYS Putin faces being forced out within three months despite his nuke threat speech, says tyrant’s former PM
Adrian Zorzut
15:48 ET, Sep 30 2022Updated: 16:25 ET, Sep 30 2022
https://www.the-sun.com/news/6341626/pu ... former-pm/

Americans captured by Russia detail months of beatings, interrogation
Dan Lamothe - Saturday
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/am ... r-AA12ubfO

Putin supporters are enraged by the Russian retreat from Lyman.
By Anton Troianovski
Oct. 1, 2022
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/01/worl ... putin.html

'Precipice of collapse': Putin facing 'irreversible' defeat as troops abandon ship
by Jamie McIntyre, Senior Writer |
October 03, 2022 07:20 AM
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poli ... in-ukraine

Ukraine Recaptures Key Eastern Town Of Lyman A Day After Putin's Annexation Speech
BY TYLER DURDEN
SUNDAY, OCT 02, 2022 - 11:00 AM
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... ion-speech

In Washington, Putin’s Nuclear Threats Stir Growing Alarm
David E. Sanger, Anton Troianovski and Julian E. Barnes - Saturday
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/in ... r-AA12tVu4

EU Plots More Gas Steps as Security in Spotlight: Energy Update
ByEwa Krukowska, Arne Delfs, Katharina Rosskopf, and John Ainger
September 30, 2022 at 1:49 AM EDTUpdated onSeptember 30, 2022 at 9:56 AM EDT
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... rgy-update

Analysts: U.S. Weapons Stockpiles at ‘Dangerously Low Levels’ as DOD Sends Weapons to Ukraine
KRISTINA WONG30 Sep 2022
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022 ... s-ukraine/

The War Has Just Begun
The Winter of Yuri
Big Serge
Sep 29
https://bigserge.substack.com/p/the-war-has-just-begun
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Guest Prepper

Post by Guest Prepper »

It is so hard to keep up these days with inflation. Now it's milk, butter and cheese. With the price of feed for cows, the cost to keep those milking machines going, and paying more to find and keep employees, dairy farmers are cutting back on production. Less milk means less butter and cheese. The price of these dairy products has already gone up. They are predicting severe shortages for the holidays, which means even higher prices later. You can buy and freeze butter and cheese now. Cheese blocks will crumble when they thaw, but shredded and sliced cheese do well. Just stick them in the freezer in the package you buy them in. Or divide it up into smaller packages. Thaw in the fridge overnight. Same with butter. Milk is not so easy to freeze. I buy evaporated milk to cook with. If you don't use the whole can at once, put the leftover in a plastic container and keep it refrigerated. Also, sweetened condensed milk for holiday baking. Instant powdered milk is a good thing to have on hand for bad weather, disasters and brownouts. Add shortages to that list now. I like the packets that make a quart of milk each. Add chocolate syrup, or instant pudding (any flavor, one half of a small box to the quart and shake to mix) or even just a bit of vanilla extract to make it more palatable.

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

thomasglee wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:05 pm
Another viewpoint.

https://www.monkeywerxus.com/blog/the-n ... e-sabotage
The dude put in a lot of detail for a ridiculous idea. There are P-8s flying over the Baltic regularly to keep track of, you know, Russians. The HAAWC mentioned is an add-on kit to air-drop a MK54 torpedo from a P-8s cruising altitude. Without it they need to be dropped from low altitude. Now the thing is, torpedoes are good at hitting submarines, but not so good at hitting other stuff. It's not like a torpedo underwater can use GPS to get to a specific location and it questionable if the pipeline is even detectable through the sonar a torpedo uses. Even if it could, an active torpedo can be detected from a good distance away and the area is heavily trafficked. The chances of that being not being noticed by the ships of multiple countries is very low. On top of that, there would be the worry that a live torpedo would by accident lock onto one of the ships nearby. Also, there were multiple explosions in just the right locations.

There is a lot of supposition to this and the claim doesn't work. It sounds like one of the tin-foil hat brigade got an idea and spun this out of fantasy.