Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
thomasglee

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by thomasglee »

Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

John wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:43 pm
Friday September 30th, 2022

Yesterday I heard an analyst on TV give
the reasons why the pipeline sabotage
does not benefit Russia . The following
is my summary of what she said , based
on memory:

You have to separate oil from gas. Oil
can be delivered in different ways. Gas
requires pipelines, since LNG transport
is fairly limited.

You have to separate eastern gas from
western gas. Russia is 11 time zones
wide, so gas produced in the east can be
delivered to China over existing
pipelines.

But gas produced in the west has nowhere
to go if the pipelines to Europe cannot
be used. Instead, that gas will be
entirely dead to the market. (I can't
remember her exact phrase, but I recall
the word "dead".)

On Friday in Kabul, a massive explosion
blew up a Shia Hazara girls school. No
one has claimed credit, but it's most
likely to be ISIS-K. Whichever
terrorist group it was, there was no
obvious benefit to them except
notoriety.

It's by analogy to this that I reached
the personal conclusion that the
pertrators of the pipeline explosions
were environmental terrorists.
An extremist group given aid by a power capable of such a deed? What's the evidence for an environmental group? Current forum debate is whether it was neocons. Both are dubious actors capable of horrifying deeds apparently.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Shoshin posted this previously.
Maybe it was just badly maintained pipeline by people who gave us Chernobyl.
Looking at the reactions is just as important as speculating about motivations. And it leads us down an ever darker path

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

guest wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:05 am
thomasglee wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:50 am
Xeraphim1 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:40 pm

If this is the best analysis you've found, you either haven't been looking anywhere or you have a bias that predisposes you to want to believe the conspiracy nuts. As a general rule, Zerohedge is populated by nuts and cranks. It's like reading the comment sections of Breitbart.
That article does the best job of laying out the players and why or why not they would be responsible. The conclusion isn’t definitive but it is a good summary.
No, it's not. It's a rant.
Tom has a good heart and really puts himself out there. Sometimes he's right and sometimes not, but he's on team USA and wants to see it succeed.

Bob Butler

Nord Stream

Post by Bob Butler »

More plausible than a lot of the blame the state actor theories.

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

Interesting posts. I suppose incompetence is about as likely for Russia as malice.

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

Protests still happening in Iran:

Guest Prepper

Post by Guest Prepper »

Ok, guys: RED ALERT!!!

There is a beer shortage on the horizon. Most craft brewers rely on CO2 to make their beer and the largest CO2 provider in the US has been contaminated by other gases leaking up from a long dormant volcano into their CO2 supplies. Many craft brewers have had to shut their doors. Large beer companies have nitrogen generators and can switch, but they will not be able to produce as much beer, at least for a while. Nitrogen generators themselves are in short supply, so this might be a vicious circle. Prepare for beer prices to skyrocket.

We don't drink beer at my house so I asked some of my prepper friends who do for advice. Friends 1 & 2 said to learn how to make your own and buy the ingredients now. Friend #3 said to stock up a few cases but be aware that beer does have an expiration date and stale beer tastes awful. He said after his stockpile is gone that he will be hanging out with friends 1 & 2. Friend #4 said he will be turning his basement into a walk-in cooler and home brewery stacked to the ceiling with all of the above, ingredients, supplies and cases and he expects friend #3 to be his slave labor :lol: Friend #5 said he's switching to whiskey.

No one is predicting how long the volcano gas might contaminate the CO2. There are other CO2 providers. But every shortage is an opportunity for the rich to get richer.

Post by Guest »

John wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:16 pm
Guest wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:12 pm
Bob Butler wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:23 pm

Not when it happens in multiple places at once. I think it has to be someone with considerable submarine capability.
Multiple failures can happen because of poor construction.
But not multiple simultaneous explosions on two different pipelines.

thomasglee wrote: ↑Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:08 pm
Another interesting take on NS1/2.

https://thelawdogfiles.com/2022/09/nordstream.html

https://thelawdogfiles.com/2022/10/nord ... undit.html

So, I was on the right track after all?

Bob Butler

Nord Beer

Post by Bob Butler »

Guest wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:30 am
So, I was on the right track after all?
I suspect so. Another wrinkle is that if they don’t repair quickly, the pipes may be ruined? The rushed European effort to accept gas from ships looks to finish sooner than building new pipes from Russia. The delay would let Europe thumb their noses at buying from Russia. If Chernobyl contributed to the fall of the old USSR, the Nord Stream fiasco could end Putin’s attempt at autocratic expansionism. I suspect he needs to export gas more than Europe needs gas from Russia.

Meanwhile, I’m having trouble with a craft beer shortage as a civilization threatening crisis issue. ;) Apparently, CO2 runs a yearly cycle. There is a lot of demand for it to produce any drink that fizzes during the summer, made worse by global warming, but it might relax as the peak demand eases.