Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Cool Breeze

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Cool Breeze »

Zoomer go Brr wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:19 pm
West won’t do anything except sanctions, aid, and strong words when Russia annexes parts of Ukraine because the current administration and people have no stomach for a war. This will embolden China and we will likely see their annexation of Taiwan attempted. How the US reacts will be interesting, but don’t be surprised if Taiwan is offered up for appeasement. The US under both parties has watched Russia and China take what they want in small pieces and done nothing (Crimea, Georgia, South China Sea, Hong Kong).
I agree, this is likely the case - the writing is on the wall.

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:38 am
Navigator wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:25 am
Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:47 am
I don't know why the US doesn't fly over a few extra squadrons of planes and base them in Eastern Europe till the Russian return they're troops back to camp. Minimal cost compared to a war. I doubt the Russian S400 anti air defence is as good as claimed. The RAF and USAF have been probing it for the past 2 years they must know it's weaknesses by now.
This is actually a quite insightful question, as it lays bare the empty rhetoric of the west right now.

The reason is that the US, and the rest of NATO, have no plans to do anything to substantially help the Ukrainians when the Russians attack. They may send some supplies, but it will be too late at that point.

I most of the wargames about potential conflict (see the lengthy article on this I posted a few days back), the west reinforces Europe and S Korea/Japan BEFORE the start of hostilities. They also get their reserves mobilized while the bad guys are mobilizing theirs, and all of the other sane moves one would take when you see your enemies moving towards war.

In reality, NONE of the western world (I would include not only NATO, but S Korea and Japan as well) are not going to do anything until well after the shooting starts. Even then, they will attempt to do nothing until they are almost forced to do so. On top of that, their readiness state when they join hostilities (if they ever do) will be abysmal.

Once they take over the Ukraine, Russia is going to find that NATO will do almost nothing to increase the defense of the Baltics, or even Poland. Nobody is going to mobilize their reserve forces, nobody will even increase defense spending.

In the case of Taiwan, I have serious doubts the current US Administration would do anything to defend them. I would not be surprised at all that in the case of an actual Chinese attack that Biden would order the American carriers out of the area.

As far as the Germans go, I could even see them going so far as to tell NATO that in the event of a war with Russia in Poland/Baltics, that no-one with "hostile intent" is allowed to transit their country (meaning no land reinforcement of Poland/Baltics). The new German Foreign Minister is from the Green party, and God only knows how far left German foreign and defense policy is moving right now.
The German decision to close their nuclear power plants makes them more dependent on Putin. Their energy strategy is worse than ours, and makes them very poor allies indeed.

If any evidence were needed that the Germans have sold their soul here it is.
You only have to look at the leaders of the “free world” (Biden, Johnston, Macron, Trudeau and Scholtz) and you can see what the problem is. An obsession with appeasement and acquiescence to every section of their population demonstrates they are weak. The green woke west is in for a shock and we are not prepared or willing for the fight.

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:42 am
Guest wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:38 am
Navigator wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:25 am

This is actually a quite insightful question, as it lays bare the empty rhetoric of the west right now.

The reason is that the US, and the rest of NATO, have no plans to do anything to substantially help the Ukrainians when the Russians attack. They may send some supplies, but it will be too late at that point.

I most of the wargames about potential conflict (see the lengthy article on this I posted a few days back), the west reinforces Europe and S Korea/Japan BEFORE the start of hostilities. They also get their reserves mobilized while the bad guys are mobilizing theirs, and all of the other sane moves one would take when you see your enemies moving towards war.

In reality, NONE of the western world (I would include not only NATO, but S Korea and Japan as well) are not going to do anything until well after the shooting starts. Even then, they will attempt to do nothing until they are almost forced to do so. On top of that, their readiness state when they join hostilities (if they ever do) will be abysmal.

Once they take over the Ukraine, Russia is going to find that NATO will do almost nothing to increase the defense of the Baltics, or even Poland. Nobody is going to mobilize their reserve forces, nobody will even increase defense spending.

In the case of Taiwan, I have serious doubts the current US Administration would do anything to defend them. I would not be surprised at all that in the case of an actual Chinese attack that Biden would order the American carriers out of the area.

As far as the Germans go, I could even see them going so far as to tell NATO that in the event of a war with Russia in Poland/Baltics, that no-one with "hostile intent" is allowed to transit their country (meaning no land reinforcement of Poland/Baltics). The new German Foreign Minister is from the Green party, and God only knows how far left German foreign and defense policy is moving right now.
The German decision to close their nuclear power plants makes them more dependent on Putin. Their energy strategy is worse than ours, and makes them very poor allies indeed.

If any evidence were needed that the Germans have sold their soul here it is.
You only have to look at the leaders of the “free world” (Biden, Johnston, Macron, Trudeau and Scholtz) and you can see what the problem is. An obsession with appeasement and acquiescence to every section of their population demonstrates they are weak. The green woke west is in for a shock and we are not prepared or willing for the fight.
History will be very unkind to Western European leadership when the inevitable happens. Britain needs to be investing heavily in defence, especially land forces. Once again we seem to be standing alone in the face of an emerging threat to world peace. Investing our time, effort and energy on AUKUS and cultivating alliances with the Eastern European states that are directly threatened is the go. NATO is past its sell by date.

Elliot

Post by Elliot »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:13 pm
Zoomer go Brr wrote:
West won’t do anything except sanctions, aid, and strong words when Russia annexes parts of Ukraine because the current administration and people have no stomach for a war. This will embolden China and we will likely see their annexation of Taiwan attempted. How the US reacts will be interesting, but don’t be surprised if Taiwan is offered up for appeasement. The US under both parties has watched Russia and China take what they want in small pieces and done nothing (Crimea, Georgia, South China Sea, Hong Kong).
Hey, Joe, do nothing and China is next.

Post by Guest »

Elliot wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:27 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:13 pm
Zoomer go Brr wrote:
Hey, Joe, do nothing and China is next.
I think you mean "Taiwan". Unless, of course, you mean China will makes it move next.

P.S. NATO is over. The Jerries have screwed everyone.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Just like Sudetenland, Austria, Czechoslovakia...
But then Poland, and everything changed.
What will be the 21st Century Poland?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Post by Guest »

DaKardii wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:09 pm
That's why its so important that we maintain good relations with Russia and not push it into China's arms. Russia, along with Japan, would be able to guarantee that we have countries serving as "barriers" between our territory and Chinese territory.
For those who think an invasion of Ukraine will not affect us, I offer the following. While the EU is trying to secure its supply of gas through appeasement, it is perhaps forgetting that the Ukraine is the largest producer of grain, which if controlled by a Putin authority, would then increase its stranglehold on Europe bringing it to its knees.

Our future is being threatened no less than it was in 1939.

Post by Guest »

I still hope to attend the winter Olympics in China, just for the anal swab Covid tests...

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:36 am
Just like Sudetenland, Austria, Czechoslovakia...
But then Poland, and everything changed.
What will be the 21st Century Poland?
The only sane people I've seen by and large - I generally like polish people and the women (when younger of course haha). Also most of them have been adamantly against the jab-aroni, which will eventually be recalled due to how obviously bad it is with adverse effects and increased likelihood of death over time and when young people exert themselves, if they got jabbed.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Guest wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:05 am
DaKardii wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:09 pm
That's why its so important that we maintain good relations with Russia and not push it into China's arms. Russia, along with Japan, would be able to guarantee that we have countries serving as "barriers" between our territory and Chinese territory.
For those who think an invasion of Ukraine will not affect us, I offer the following. While the EU is trying to secure its supply of gas through appeasement, it is perhaps forgetting that the Ukraine is the largest producer of grain, which if controlled by a Putin authority, would then increase its stranglehold on Europe bringing it to its knees.

Our future is being threatened no less than it was in 1939.
Godless EU has made their bed.