Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Guest »

The world is now without a policeman. Alright, it's what you wanted. Enjoy non stop wars mass rape, torture and genocide. You're going to miss the good ole USA. Cry and shout all you want, but America will not be there to save you. You worthless ingrates. The Chinese will leave you to starve to death in your burned out cities. It's what ingrates deserve. Good riddance.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

It's curious in that you can't totally argue with that. It's historically odd how much an exception America has been as far as its power and benevolence. But insecurities of other nations typically overshadow clearer thinking. The US has had bad foreign policy for decades, though, I admit.

BTC is the future if you want to exit the Fed. Many other analogies are out there on the decentralization panel, as well. I wonder what Higgy thinks about when the US debt matters ... $40 trillion? Or when the payments approach 50% of the yearly budget? I have seen historical studies of when it's 40% the currency collapses but it's hard to compare the US to the average country of the past collapsing.

As for immigration issues, TX and other states will just disobey the 2 year fake Senate here. I'm quite certain that this 50-50 will revert quickly to a R circling of the wagons and less will be done by Quid Pro Joe et al than is hoped and claimed. John is right, Obama was totally incompetent and this will be even funnier in those terms - sadly for us but it'll only last as a joke for 2 years.

John

Post by John »

** 07-Jan-2021 World View: Wishful thinking about Wuhan Coronavirus

There's a lot of wishful thinking going on that the virus will be gone
from our lives in a few months, and we can return to 2019 behaviors.
This is one reason why the stock market and bitcoin continue
parabolically into the stratosphere.

Former FDA commissioner Scott Gottlieb was interviewed on CNBC, Wed,
Jan 6, 8:45 am. Most of the questions were related to the two new
mutant variants, the UK mutant variant and the SA (South African)
mutant variant. The following are my notes:

The UK mutant strain is more contagious than previous strain, and is
more prevalent in US than we first suspected.

The SA (South Africa) strain must already be here in the US as well.
It's a different kid of mutation than the UK variant, and it might be
able to defeat some of the countermeasures used to treat the virus.
The vaccines won't be totally defeated by the SA strain, because the
vaccines attack the virus in multiple ways, and the SA strain will
only defeat some of those. This is different from how ordinary flu
vaccines are defeated by flu mutations within one season.

What is concerning is that the SA variant is prevalent in South Africa
and Brazil. Both countries are having raging epidemics, and they're
both in the southern hemisphere, where it's summertime, when there
shouldn't have been high prevalence. It's possible that this new
variant is infecting people or reinfecting people more easily.

This is a game changer for our vaccination strategy. Two months ago
we had a very methodical plan for rolling out the vaccine to specific
groups in a sequential fashion. But speed matters now. This is a
game changer. It's a race against time to try to get protective
immunity into as much of the population as possible, before these
variants get a toehold here in the US.

This means pushing out the vaccine a lot faster -- not just to the
impacted groups but to any group that wants it, as quickly as
possible.

The vaccines protect people from developing symptoms when they're
infected with the virus, but it's not known whether the virus prevents
them from spreading the virus to other people. Thus, even people with
the vaccine may not be free to visit older people. So even people who
are vaccinated won't have the freedoms they had in 2018.

Hopefully, the new variants won't gain a foothold, and we'll have a
relatively quiet spring and summer with this new virus. [Good
politicians always promote delusional wishful thinking.]

Why you can't go back to 2018-19 behavior: People at high risk will
still have to be careful - hand washing, wearing masks. Hopefully,
the new variants won't spread here, and the wave of the existing virus
is peaking.

The spring and the summer may be relatively quiet, but there may be a
renewed outbreak in the fall and the winter.

Hopefully, next fall and winter will be like a very bad flu season,
and won't be as bad as 2020.

Behaviors in the fall and summer will depend on how much of the
vaccine is rolled out. I think we're going to see that after 90
million people, there will be a struggle to convince more people to
get vaccinated, and this could be a big problem for the fall and
winter.

Burner Prime

Post by Burner Prime »

Nearly every country is commenting on the Capitol riots in some form of Navigator's: 'dangerous for our democracy..." meme. A couple days ago 'Nav' was clutching his pearls about "dangers to our democracy", but today is saying it's all hyperbole, no worries mate. STILL. MEMING. Trolling. Or. Gaslighting. Nice job, bruh.
Reuters calls it an "attack on democracy". The only ones keeping their mouth shut is Japan. They all wag their finger, but France goes so far as telling the US what is "American" or not.

Stunningly (or not) Reuters keeps changing the quote excerpts from various countries. The version changed as I was writing, and I can no longer cite the country or entity who claimed, "Biden will unite us all..." (OMEGALUL) - though I think it was the UN. The result of their edit was a lowering of the hyperbole to a degree. Not sure what their intent is.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN29B2VS

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Guest wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:51 am
The world is now without a policeman. Alright, it's what you wanted. Enjoy non stop wars mass rape, torture and genocide. You're going to miss the good ole USA. Cry and shout all you want, but America will not be there to save you. You worthless ingrates. The Chinese will leave you to starve to death in your burned out cities. It's what ingrates deserve. Good riddance.
Who do you think you're kidding here?

Since when were we EVER supposed to be the world's policeman? NEVER, that's when. Not only does that kind of "task" require us to basically throw the Constitution in the trash and replace it with a de facto imperial government; more often than not it also requires us to engage in conflicts that go directly against our own national interests. Then there's the "War on Terror" fiasco. A conflict that is based on total lies. 9/11 happened, and now we're going after every country except the country that was actually responsible for it: Saudi Arabia. And we even prop up Saudi Arabia as an ally that needs to be defended against the countries we're going after, even though at least half the time Saudi Arabia and its proxies are the aggressors.

You say we're gonna miss the "good ole USA?" News flash. The "good ole USA," the Republic, ceased to be years ago. It was replaced by the pathetic excuse of a "world policeman" that you mourn.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Burner Prime wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:24 pm
Nearly every country is commenting on the Capitol riots in some form of Navigator's: 'dangerous for our democracy..." meme. A couple days ago 'Nav' was clutching his pearls about "dangers to our democracy", but today is saying it's all hyperbole, no worries mate. STILL. MEMING. Trolling. Or. Gaslighting. Nice job, bruh.
Reuters calls it an "attack on democracy". The only ones keeping their mouth shut is Japan. They all wag their finger, but France goes so far as telling the US what is "American" or not.

Stunningly (or not) Reuters keeps changing the quote excerpts from various countries. The version changed as I was writing, and I can no longer cite the country or entity who claimed, "Biden will unite us all..." (OMEGALUL) - though I think it was the UN. The result of their edit was a lowering of the hyperbole to a degree. Not sure what their intent is.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN29B2VS
What exactly are we supposed to make of what happened yesterday? Tell us.

John

Post by John »

** 07-Jan-2021 World View: Bitcoin vs gold
Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:00 pm
> BTC is the future if you want to exit the Fed. Many other
> analogies are out there on the decentralization panel, as well. I
> wonder what Higgy thinks about when the US debt matters ... $40
> trillion? Or when the payments approach 50% of the yearly budget?
> I have seen historical studies of when it's 40% the currency
> collapses but it's hard to compare the US to the average country
> of the past collapsing.
I'm frankly confused about why people see a future in bitcoin.

If there's a war, then the internet will be gone for a long period of
time. Can bitcoin survive with no internet? I don't see how. Am I
wrong about that?

Gold, on the other hand, will still be around even if the internet
goes down.

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

Guest wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:38 pm
But if America collapses in a civil war, then it would be easy for China (or Mexico) to defeat us.
If the US collapses it will throw international trade into a freefall that will affect all countries, especially China which depends heavily on exports. China would have to concentrate on staying intact with no time to worry about cross-Pacific invasions. Mexican forces couldn't defeat your average Boy Scout troop and would have similar problems since it depends on exports and transfer payments to stay afloat. It can't even produce enough gasoline for domestic use.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:00 pm
I wonder what Higgy thinks about when the US debt matters ... $40 trillion? Or when the payments approach 50% of the yearly budget?
Not sure about when. I thought it would have mattered when the stimulus was done last year.

John wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:22 pm
If there's a war, then the internet will be gone for a long period of
time. Can bitcoin survive with no internet? I don't see how. Am I
wrong about that?
I don't think you're wrong about that. Before reading this, I was having a discussion with someone no more than 2 hours ago and said that if the internet went out during a war that bitcoin would go poof along with the Internet, but I haven't tried to do any research on that to try to find reasons why I might be wrong.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Navigator

Re: The Nazi / CCP Plan in Parallel

Post by Navigator »

Guest wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:39 am

My family lives in Taiwan. When do you think this will start to unfold? Many people tell me that when they move on Hong Kong, they will move on Taiwan a month later. Everyone agrees that the CCP will take the small islands off shore, and that wouldn't be too difficult, but taiwan will react immediately. I don't believe the government will wait to be attacked.

The CCP is moving on Hong Kong now.
I don't think that they will go after HK and then a month later Taiwan itself. I think that after each move they will take a month or two at least to see what the repercussions are.

I think the moves I outlined will start over the summer. Once it starts, the schedule would accelerate due to economic crisis or internal disruptions in China, USA or both.

I think that the USA will tell Taiwan to stop shooting after each phase begins, or it will withdraw its "deterrent protection". So, for example, while Taiwan should put up a pretty good fight for a couple of days over Penghu (Pescadores), the US will tell them they need to stop fighting so that a "negotiated settlement" can be reached with the CCP. They will be told that if they don't, the USA will not help them after that. This will also back the US into the corner when the CCP actually land on Taiwan itself.

In this case, Penghu is kind of like Czechoslovakia in 1938/39, while Taiwan itself would play the role of Poland.

You don't want to be in the Taiwan/Poland of WW3. Try to get your family to go to Canada or elsewhere if you can. As fast as possible, even if it means financial difficulty or loss in the short term.

What would you tell a successful businessperson in Warsaw in 1938/39 to do?