Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Guest »

My sister and brother-in-law own an expensive home in an upscale neighborhood in Portland, Oregon. They haven't lived in it for over two years. My family is from Southern Oregon, and my sister has lived in Portland (on and off) since 1988. She will never live there again.

She's still liberal and blames everything on Trump and his supporters (like me). She refuses to recognize the elephant in the room. She does, however, recognize that Portland has become a no-go zone. I gave up long ago trying to explain anything to her. Most likely, karma being what it is, she will be murdered in Portland during a short visit.

Portland used to be a fantastic place. I was there in the summer of 2019, and it was really nice.

It is a nightmare now. Now and forever.

Another guest

Post by Another guest »

thomasglee wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:31 am
Guest wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:17 am
Another guest wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:40 pm

https://news.yahoo.com/dangerous-time-p ... 21197.html
Law and order will never return to the United States. Ever. I think Americans should accept that and act accordingly. Whether that is leaving the country, launching a civil war and separatist campaign, or accepting your fate and dying like sheep. The choice is yours. But you should see things for what they really are.
I would say move to my part of Texas where things are nice and calm, but I won't.
I wouldn't waste my time with someone as unrealistic as you.

You are already dead.

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

Another guest wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:17 am
thomasglee wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:31 am
Guest wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:17 am

Law and order will never return to the United States. Ever. I think Americans should accept that and act accordingly. Whether that is leaving the country, launching a civil war and separatist campaign, or accepting your fate and dying like sheep. The choice is yours. But you should see things for what they really are.
I would say move to my part of Texas where things are nice and calm, but I won't.
I wouldn't waste my time with someone as unrealistic as you.

You are already dead.

What is unrealistic about me? I don't post much here, you don't even know me, and so I am not sure how you would arrive at your childish and ignoramus point of view.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

John

Post by John »

** 21-Oct-2021 World View: Hypersonic nuclear missiles and aircraft carriers
Xeraphim1 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:26 am
> The myth is that it's easy to kill carriers and yet most major
> countries have them or are building. US; UK; France; China;
> Russia; Japan; South Korea; India; Italy. With that many countries
> building, perhaps the myth is just that.
Navigator wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:00 pm
> I am still very curious as to what the great increases to US fleet
> defenses are.

> Carriers are still the "prestige weapon", like Battleships still
> were pre WW2. Of course many thought that newer BB designs would
> make them "unsinkable" and that increased AA armament would
> protect them from newer threats. Even Japan had such advocates.

> Well, we will shortly see.

> Personally, I think that missile barrages will overwhelm the CV
> group. And of course there can be long range guided nuclear tipped
> torpedoes. Also, vast improvements in mine warfare have also
> happened, but are commonly overlooked.
Xeraphim1 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:23 pm
> While some of the battleship admirals refused to face the facts,
> the writing was on the wall in 1921 when Mitchell sunk
> Ostfriesland with air delivered bombs. Battleships really had no
> chance since aircraft were faster and much longer ranged. Today,
> various countries aren't spending billions on carriers out of
> vanity, but out of a realization of the unique benefits they
> offer.

> Missile barrages need to first find the target which is constantly
> moving and then get though all the dedicated firepower designed
> expressly to stop such barrages. While not impossible, it's not as
> easy as you might think. Torpedoes have a relatively short range
> and require a sub to get pretty close to actually fire them. Plus,
> using a nuclear weapon opens the door to having them be used
> against you. I think China would think very hard about
> that.
It's claimed that China's development of hypersonic missiles has come
as a complete shock to the Biden administration.

-- China tested hypersonic weapons twice, ‘stunned’ US: Report
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/10/ ... pons-tests
(Al-Jazeera, 21-Oct-2021)

Military analysts are claiming that US assets, including aircraft
carriers, have no defense to hyperbolic missiles with a nuclear
warheadd.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

DaKardii wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:22 pm
If the CCP is looking for a potential Taiwanese equivalent to Petain or Quisling, perhaps this guy would be a strong candidate.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4261383
I think it would be more similar to your examples if it wasn't an unresolved civil war together with the fact that they're the same race and cultural background.
Although this general seems treasonous, he does have some valid points. They're stuck between a rock and a hard place, especially so now that their protectorate seems incompetent and untrustworthy.

Zoomer go Brr

Post by Zoomer go Brr »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:04 pm
Zoomer go Brr wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:14 pm
thomasglee wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:20 am

I work in MFG too and up until about this past July, we couldn't even get people to apply, much less work. Recently we have been able to hire and they're working out well, but it is too early to see if they'll stick around. To attract employees we have had to offer some incentives such as higher than we used to pay wages, full-time benefits for a 30 hour work-week, overtime to those willing to work, 14 days PTO on top of our normal holiday days off, and we promote ourselves as a "second chance, felon friendly" employer ".

Now, having said that, to pay for such we have had to automate some of our back-office operations to help us cut back on administrative costs.

If you think things like 14 days of PTO, offering benefits, and paying an above minimum wage are “above and beyond” then you were stuck in a time-warp. No one is going to degrade themselves to make peanuts in the hopes of “proving themselves” or “working their way up.” I’ve been there and time and time again I’ve learned there is zero loyalty in any business, that you need to lock-in what you want before day 1 or you are stuck chasing. People used to grow with a company and get the 40-year employment watch and party. Now people are lucky if they stay somewhere for 4 years.

Another aspect of this not talked about is young men are simply choosing not to participate in life the way they used to. Divorce will ruin a modern American man, as will kids out of wedlock. Fathers are looked at as imbeciles. Colleges can’t find men to enroll, but do nothing to help men. When colleges try to help men, faculty and students revolt at “patriarchy” - Wall St. Journal did a great article on this:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/college-un ... 1630948233

Out of my group of 10 male friends, only 5 of us are married, only 3 have kids, only 1 has multiple kids. Those who are single choose to stay single and live their lives the way they want. It’s not hard to find a woman to warm your bed with according to them. They would rather pursue what they want and participate in the workforce how and when they want then be “stuck” like I am having a wife and kid to provide for and needing the stability of a 9-5 job. You might think this is a minority of young men but it is a significant minority that is definitely part of the disappearing workforce.
People, especially the older generations, need to listen and consider to summaries like this because they are true and reflective of reality NOW, not how things were 60 years ago that the older generations conveniently ignore. In the world of inversion, everything is chaotic, and a classic inversion of the current age is hating men, hating the producers, hating God (as our Father), etc. It's really quite obvious as you look at it. As a 1%er, I can tell you (and I don't desire to be a player) that women don't bring anything that a man desires into relationships anymore (not all, it's just that the few that do by definition are rare and marry at age 20-25), and so many women are sluts that the sex thing ends up not being something that's a big deal otherwise. With the laws the way they are, there are basically no incentives for men to marry a woman, unless he overweights the kid thing as legacy. And even then he has to worry about his kids being raised in a situation in which indoctrination, disgusting culture and internet tech madness, and demons rule the day. There are plenty of women who want to get married but seriously, the only ones that are humbled enough to let a man lead a family and follow him are the ones that are ugly, fat, or too old (old to men also includes ugly and fat). As they say, the juice ain't worth the squeeze. It's just the reality in this day and age when women are raised by people to be weak versions of men. They are totally unhappy about it, too, which is the sad thing.
Just to add, my wife and I pay $20k/kindergarten at a private school where the typical public school BS and leftist slant doesn’t exist and isn’t allowed to be pushed. We chose to make this sacrifice so our daughter could have as normal a school experience as possible in today’s climate. My friend with 4 kids laments at having to send his children to public school and how he failed them because the sacrifice for his family to send them to private school is impossible. We both considered catholic schools, but the ones around here are totally corrupted by “liberation theology,” helping/prioritizing non-Catholics over Catholics to prove “inclusion,” and pushing shit like BLM, CRT, and making pre-k and kindergarten kids paint pictures of Joe and Kamala. To say I’m actively looking to leave the Catholic Church is an understatement, but I can’t find what meshes with me personally. Most of my friends have given up on organized religion (especially the single ones) because it’s just another check mark against them in their public lives (nothing worse than straight, white, Christian men who pay taxes).

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

John wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:16 am
** 21-Oct-2021 World View: Hypersonic nuclear missiles and aircraft carriers

It's claimed that China's development of hypersonic missiles has come
as a complete shock to the Biden administration.

-- China tested hypersonic weapons twice, ‘stunned’ US: Report
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/10/ ... pons-tests
(Al-Jazeera, 21-Oct-2021)

Military analysts are claiming that US assets, including aircraft
carriers, have no defense to hyperbolic missiles with a nuclear
warheadd.
I think lots of things are shocks to the Biden administration...

There's a lot of things that aren't clear. A FOBS releasing a HVG makes no sense so there may be more going on. Or less.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/4 ... le-report

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/4 ... nt-add-up

Note that the Soviet Union tested such a system in the 1960s/70s so it isn't really new.

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

Zoomer go Brr wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:25 pm

Just to add, my wife and I pay $20k/kindergarten at a private school where the typical public school BS and leftist slant doesn’t exist and isn’t allowed to be pushed. We chose to make this sacrifice so our daughter could have as normal a school experience as possible in today’s climate. My friend with 4 kids laments at having to send his children to public school and how he failed them because the sacrifice for his family to send them to private school is impossible. We both considered catholic schools, but the ones around here are totally corrupted by “liberation theology,” helping/prioritizing non-Catholics over Catholics to prove “inclusion,” and pushing shit like BLM, CRT, and making pre-k and kindergarten kids paint pictures of Joe and Kamala. To say I’m actively looking to leave the Catholic Church is an understatement, but I can’t find what meshes with me personally. Most of my friends have given up on organized religion (especially the single ones) because it’s just another check mark against them in their public lives (nothing worse than straight, white, Christian men who pay taxes).
We recently moved to a smaller town in Texas (the previous town of residence had about 10K residents, current town of residence has 700) primarily because of the school district. The school our 11-year-old daughter now attends did not shut down at all during 2020 and the superintendent has stated he won't shut down this year either. On the school district's landing page they have upfront and in the center of the page their vaccination exemption forms for parents (they make it easy to find!) along with links to information on the various vaccines required (recommended) for students.

The high school will graduate about 65 students this year and district-wide the student-to-teacher ratio averages 15:1. The district schools have all received an "A" rating, a 100% graduation rate, and the average teacher has 15 years of experience.

Good public schools still exist, if you're willing to live in a rural area.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

Post by Guest »

Zoomer go Brr wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:25 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:04 pm
Zoomer go Brr wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:14 pm

If you think things like 14 days of PTO, offering benefits, and paying an above minimum wage are “above and beyond” then you were stuck in a time-warp. No one is going to degrade themselves to make peanuts in the hopes of “proving themselves” or “working their way up.” I’ve been there and time and time again I’ve learned there is zero loyalty in any business, that you need to lock-in what you want before day 1 or you are stuck chasing. People used to grow with a company and get the 40-year employment watch and party. Now people are lucky if they stay somewhere for 4 years.

Another aspect of this not talked about is young men are simply choosing not to participate in life the way they used to. Divorce will ruin a modern American man, as will kids out of wedlock. Fathers are looked at as imbeciles. Colleges can’t find men to enroll, but do nothing to help men. When colleges try to help men, faculty and students revolt at “patriarchy” - Wall St. Journal did a great article on this:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/college-un ... 1630948233

Out of my group of 10 male friends, only 5 of us are married, only 3 have kids, only 1 has multiple kids. Those who are single choose to stay single and live their lives the way they want. It’s not hard to find a woman to warm your bed with according to them. They would rather pursue what they want and participate in the workforce how and when they want then be “stuck” like I am having a wife and kid to provide for and needing the stability of a 9-5 job. You might think this is a minority of young men but it is a significant minority that is definitely part of the disappearing workforce.
People, especially the older generations, need to listen and consider to summaries like this because they are true and reflective of reality NOW, not how things were 60 years ago that the older generations conveniently ignore. In the world of inversion, everything is chaotic, and a classic inversion of the current age is hating men, hating the producers, hating God (as our Father), etc. It's really quite obvious as you look at it. As a 1%er, I can tell you (and I don't desire to be a player) that women don't bring anything that a man desires into relationships anymore (not all, it's just that the few that do by definition are rare and marry at age 20-25), and so many women are sluts that the sex thing ends up not being something that's a big deal otherwise. With the laws the way they are, there are basically no incentives for men to marry a woman, unless he overweights the kid thing as legacy. And even then he has to worry about his kids being raised in a situation in which indoctrination, disgusting culture and internet tech madness, and demons rule the day. There are plenty of women who want to get married but seriously, the only ones that are humbled enough to let a man lead a family and follow him are the ones that are ugly, fat, or too old (old to men also includes ugly and fat). As they say, the juice ain't worth the squeeze. It's just the reality in this day and age when women are raised by people to be weak versions of men. They are totally unhappy about it, too, which is the sad thing.
I knew it was bad in the public schools, but this bad? To be a white child in the Public School System is a form of child abuse. Starting a private school seems like a winner to me. Until the communist American government shuts them down or makes CRT mandatory.

My father's family is uber catholic, but he left the church anyway. He had had enough of it. I never joined the Catholic Church and instead became Episcopalian. That church has largely gone south too, so I stopped attending. I used to attend the Anglican Church, but they have gone mad as well. Me and my father were both altar boys.

I wouldn't give up on Christianity, but being Protestant means not having to attend a church. I don't regret being Anglican. I don't worry about no longer attending. The Anglican church gives you that option.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Home schooling is by far the best option. What public education, in a sense, always was ... was babysitting. That paved the way for more of the destructive behavior related to the ascendancy of women and the degradation of the family. At this point in time, you can learn more from hosted videos about the world, history, english, mathematics, physics, etc. It is funny to look back and realize that education was largely propaganda, and high level education is for the few, not the many.