Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Cool Breeze

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Cool Breeze »

thomasglee wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:32 pm
John wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:17 pm
August 5th 2022 - what is China up to?

in response to pelosi's visit to taiwan, China is flooding the airspace around Taiwan with war planes, is blockading Taiwan on all sides with dozens of warships,is sending ballistic missiles over taiwan, and is separate severing many regular contacts with American institutions.

to my eyes, this looks like nothing so much as the last minute preparations for war. this would mean that China's war on Taiwan coild occur in the next few days or weeks.

on the other hand, the chaos could be could have some entirely different purpose. maybe it means nothing more than what the analysts are saying - an all-out attempt to intimidate taiwan. who knows?

by the way, I don't believe that China's chaotic response to pelosi's visit was really caused by pelosi's visit. I consider it much more likely that China wanted to lunch the chaotic response, and waited for something that they could use as an excuse.

so what is China up to?
I heard a theory posited that the US was aware of an imminent invasion of Taiwan and used a visit by Pelosi as an excuse to send US warships into the area, without alerting the rest of the world to the real game at hand. Interesting POV.
It's too cute, but man humans are crafty and inventive.

How certain is the whole "China must invade in March/April or September/October due to weather issues"?

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:53 am
Xeraphim1 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:07 pm
Bob Butler wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:27 pm

China has far more often talked about and threatened violence than actually used it. Of late, India, Russia, Australia, Japan and Australia have been among targets. If they were being serious, they would be putting their tanks in seaports rather than "preventing invasion" by putting them by their own beaches. Thus, they are being political, distracting from something else. I would guess it is their economic headaches, the failure of their real estate and banking industries.
This. There would be no point in attacking Taiwan unless the troops were ready to invade. Something like that would take weeks to arrange and couldn't be hidden. I agree that this is more likely to be for domestic consumption than an actual plan to invade.
I'm agreeing with BB and Xeraphim1 on this. Nice.
One wonders if Xera's ability extends to other matters as well. Having the ability to expertly comment on every global issue is quite astounding and puts him apparently in this crew

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

I'm wondering that too, Cool Breeze. It seems a bit weird that battleships and aircraft carriers and missiles are dependent on good weather.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

China-Taiwan Clash: Taipei Adopts ‘Porcupine Strategy’ That Aims To Make Chinese Invasion ‘Bloody Costly’ With US Support
EXPERT REVIEWS
By
Prakash Nanda
August 6, 2022
https://eurasiantimes.com/china-taiwan- ... egy-china/

URGENT: CHINA MOVING NUCLEAR MISSILES IN PUBLIC
WORLD
HAL TURNER
06 AUGUST 2022
https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.ph ... -in-public
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:28 am
I'm wondering that too, Cool Breeze. It seems a bit weird that battleships and aircraft carriers and missiles are dependent on good weather.
It's not them, it's the landing craft to bring troops ashore. With a captured port at which RO/ROs could dock, there wouldn't be an issue but those ships would be priority targets while the ports themselves could be destroyed by Taiwan itself to deny their use.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

FullMoon wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:31 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:53 am
Xeraphim1 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:07 pm

This. There would be no point in attacking Taiwan unless the troops were ready to invade. Something like that would take weeks to arrange and couldn't be hidden. I agree that this is more likely to be for domestic consumption than an actual plan to invade.
I'm agreeing with BB and Xeraphim1 on this. Nice.
One wonders if Xera's ability extends to other matters as well. Having the ability to expertly comment on every global issue is quite astounding and puts him apparently in this crew
/sarc?

Post by Guest »

When it comes to China we all need to face the demographic realities. According to their own most recent census their population will fall 50% by 2050, and at that point in 2050 the OVERWHELMING majority of people will be over 60. China will never be the consumer market our corporations desire, and by the end of this decade it's production will virtually collapse.
As we speak there is not a single industrial product that cannot be made cheaper in the USA. Hence the massive re-shoring of industrial plant to the USA. An industrial build out is under way in the US that is larger than it's build out for World War Two, to give a clear measure.
The play for the UK to make is to close a free trade deal with the USA with all possible speed. When you consider demographics North America will be the only viable consumer market going forward. The UK and the USA are a natural fit given shared contract law, shared accounting practices, and a thousand other cultural linkages. The German economy and demographic is dying. Ditto Russia, China, and Japan. What is left of the EU will be a French satrap. There is only one way for the UK to go. Don't let pride carry the nation into economic suicide.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:15 am
When it comes to China we all need to face the demographic realities. According to their own most recent census their population will fall 50% by 2050, and at that point in 2050 the OVERWHELMING majority of people will be over 60. China will never be the consumer market our corporations desire, and by the end of this decade it's production will virtually collapse.
As we speak there is not a single industrial product that cannot be made cheaper in the USA. Hence the massive re-shoring of industrial plant to the USA. An industrial build out is under way in the US that is larger than it's build out for World War Two, to give a clear measure.
The play for the UK to make is to close a free trade deal with the USA with all possible speed. When you consider demographics North America will be the only viable consumer market going forward. The UK and the USA are a natural fit given shared contract law, shared accounting practices, and a thousand other cultural linkages. The German economy and demographic is dying. Ditto Russia, China, and Japan. What is left of the EU will be a French satrap. There is only one way for the UK to go. Don't let pride carry the nation into economic suicide.
Take the case of Zara/Inditex. Instead of sourcing from SE Asia, they source from Portugal and Morocco.

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

Guest wrote:
Good point. Another reason why China needs a war.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Guest wrote:
Mr. Zeihan, nice to see you here at GD.