Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Bob Butler

Spiritual Cycles?

Post by Bob Butler »

JDav wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 10:41 am
John, as I've been contemplating my posts the last couple of days, something came to me - is it possible that there is a spiritual component to Generational Theory? For instance, many have posited that the Catholic Church has gone through several great ages (about every 500 years), culminating in a church-wide crisis. The last one being, of course, the Reformation. And about 500 years before that, the schism with the Orthodox Christian Churches. Here we are, 500 years later, and the Church is roiled by decades of homosexuality & pedophilia, and all other manner of corruptions & immoralities that plague our society as a whole. I think, in some sense, that She is also in a Generational Crisis Era. I'm curious as to your thoughts on this?
Through the Industrial Age, the Awakening was generally an Awakening, a spiritual event. I would definitely count this a spiritual then. The last Awakening was more secular, having more in the US with racism, containment and drugs. We will have to see how this develops. We are living in a more scientific less spiritual time.

But that is the four score and seven year cycle, not a 500.

JDav

Re: Supreme Court

Post by JDav »

Johnny bandwidth wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 11:49 am
JDav wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 10:23 am
Guest wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 7:30 am

You want everyone to suffer yours. I allow for choice. You do not. That is the difference.

Amen.

JCP
Don't know how you got "You want everyone to suffer yours" out of "You suffer yours, I'll suffer mine," but thanks for admitting that you are pro-death. The problem with your viewpoint is that, once you grant that one person has power over deciding the life/death of another, where does it stop? You will not be the final arbiter of who has power over who's life or death. Again, you illustrate the reasoning for my viewpoint perfectly. A viewpoint I've merely stated, by the way, not one that I've attempted to force you or anyone here to accept, though you seem to think otherwise.

'Nuf said...
To clarify, then you DO NOT want to legally ban abortion? It should be left up to the individual. Correct? Because otherwise, you would be FORCING your beliefs on others. Let's be crystal clear about what you are saying. You seem to be dancing around with this other poster. CLARIFY what you mean.
Abortion has been around for millennia, practiced by many, if not all, societies throughout history. It is not an American creation. Legally banning it would not eliminate the practice. After defining what an abortion is I merely stated that I can't, and won't give my allegiance to a nation that condones this great evil (among other evils). Legality has nothing to do with it. Theology has little to do with it either. The belief that human life is special and sacred is not exclusive to religion.

We each have free will to make our own choices in life, but are not free of the consequences of those choices. On the face of it, the decision to abort or not (legally in this day and age; illegally in ages past) has clear and visible consequences. I believe (and have been told by many women I know who have had abortions) that there are spiritual and emotional consequences, too. As sentient, rational beings I don't see how there can't be. Whatever choices one makes in life will yield consequences with which one has to deal. You'll have to suffer yours as I'll have to suffer mine.

Tom Mazanec

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Of course banning abortion will not "stop" it. It will reduce it however. Same as banning rape does not stop rape, but reduces it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Post by Guest »

JDav wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 1:05 pm
Johnny bandwidth wrote:
JDav wrote:

Don't know how you got "You want everyone to suffer yours" out of "You suffer yours, I'll suffer mine," but thanks for admitting that you are pro-death. The problem with your viewpoint is that, once you grant that one person has power over deciding the life/death of another, where does it stop? You will not be the final arbiter of who has power over who's life or death. Again, you illustrate the reasoning for my viewpoint perfectly. A viewpoint I've merely stated, by the way, not one that I've attempted to force you or anyone here to accept, though you seem to think otherwise.

'Nuf said...
To clarify, then you DO NOT want to legally ban abortion? It should be left up to the individual. Correct? Because otherwise, you would be FORCING your beliefs on others. Let's be crystal clear about what you are saying. You seem to be dancing around with this other poster. CLARIFY what you mean.
Abortion has been around for millennia, practiced by many, if not all, societies throughout history. It is not an American creation. Legally banning it would not eliminate the practice. After defining what an abortion is I merely stated that I can't, and won't give my allegiance to a nation that condones this great evil (among other evils). Legality has nothing to do with it. Theology has little to do with it either. The belief that human life is special and sacred is not exclusive to religion.

We each have free will to make our own choices in life, but are not free of the consequences of those choices. On the face of it, the decision to abort or not (legally in this day and age; illegally in ages past) has clear and visible consequences. I believe (and have been told by many women I know who have had abortions) that there are spiritual and emotional consequences, too. As sentient, rational beings I don't see how there can't be. Whatever choices one makes in life will yield consequences with which one has to deal. You'll have to suffer yours as I'll have to suffer mine.
Do you want to criminalize Abortion in America or not?

Stop dodging the question.

JDav

Post by JDav »

JDav wrote:
Johnny bandwidth wrote:
JDav wrote:

'Nuf said...

To be clear, the country is not morally ready for a legal ban on abortion, and I would not support one... for now. It would have little impact on all the choices that men and women make BEFORE the decision to abort or not is even necessary. But let me ask YOU for clarification - if killing someone is against the law, and abortion is the killing of an unborn child, shouldn't abortion be against the law?

JDav

Post by JDav »

JDav wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 1:32 pm
JDav wrote:
Johnny bandwidth wrote:

To be clear, the country is not morally ready for a legal ban on abortion, and I would not support one... for now. It would have little impact on all the choices that men and women make BEFORE the decision to abort or not is even necessary. But let me ask YOU for clarification - if killing someone is against the law, and abortion is the killing of an unborn child, shouldn't abortion be against the law?
And, YOU don't dodge the question!

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

I do not dodge the question.
Abortion should be illegal except for cases like ectopic pregnancy that imperil the lives of the mother and baby.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Published May 5, 2022 1:19pm EDT
Battle for Azovstal steel plant rages, Ukrainian soldier warns Russia forces have reached the plant
https://www.foxnews.com/world/russian-f ... ne-soldier

UPDATED THU, MAY 5 20221:36 PM EDT
Attacks on Mariupol steelworks intensify as Russia looks to end standoff; U.S. announces more humanitarian aid
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/05/live-up ... raine.html

U.S. Intelligence Is Helping Ukraine Kill Russian Generals, Officials Say
Julian E. Barnes, Helene Cooper and Eric Schmitt - 6h ago
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us ... li=BBnb7Kz

Putin practises NUCLEAR missile strikes and chemical attack in chilling war games on Nato border
Adrian Zorzut
5:34 ET, May 5 2022Updated: 9:45 ET, May 5 2022
https://www.the-sun.com/news/5268666/pu ... ikes-nato/

May 3, 2022 88
The EU Army is on the horizon
https://off-guardian.org/2022/05/03/the ... e-horizon/

JDav

Post by JDav »

I do have to say that I appreciate that we can have a discussion like this with such vastly different opinions and viewpoints about a controversial topic without resorting to name calling and insults.

Post by Guest »

JDav wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 1:34 pm
JDav wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 1:32 pm
JDav wrote:

And, YOU don't dodge the question!
No. it's just a fetus.