Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
utahbob

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by utahbob »

It looks like America has sent its “Grid Removal System” or Multiple Launch Rockets Systems and Long Range Missile Systems to Ukraine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PznwpsZULxE Trust me these are nasty. The US army called it “Steel Rain” while the Iraqis called it “black rain.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7fj97-UckI

JDav

Re: Supreme Court

Post by JDav »

Navigator wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 11:26 pm
Just saw that Supreme Court is going to overturn Roe vs Wade (giving women the right to have an abortion).

Prepare for civil upheaval in USA.
I took a sabbatical from all but basic internet use for Lent, but this news kind of ties in with the debate I've see on this site for a while - who his more evil, us or the Russians. While I see Russia as being more overtly evil, as evidenced by their actions in Syria, Ukraine, and elsewhere, I don't deny the covertly evil nature of our own government. You can not deny that any nation that sacrifice's a million babies a year on Moloch's altar is not evil. Not to mention its complicity in creating a deadly virus while also withholding treatment, as we have with the whole Covid saga. And for those who think this is new, how about a government that performed medical experiments on un-knowing subjects (Tuskegee Airmen or the horrors perpetrated in some orphanages). Or the insane idea of selling guns to criminals in the hopes they use them, as a means of achieving gun control (Fast and Furious). Our government is not above causing or allowing harm and death as a means of achieving its ends. They just don't do it as openly as some other countries. But don't doubt for a second that many in our government ENVY other nations for that.

That's why I support neither Ukraine or Russia, nor even the US in the current world crisis. Though living here is probably infinitely more pleasant than just about anywhere else in the world, I'm under no illusion that our way of life is worth preserving if we allow these evils to continue to be perpetrated. I've read how some of you are experiencing a deepening faith. With that must eventually come a detachment from things of the world. Look at the Apostles - only John survived into old age without being killed for his faith. Pain and struggle are the natural order of things, though over the last 75 years we Americans have done everything we can to convince ourselves otherwise.

For the record, I've never served in the military. My son was a Marine, though (two tours in Iraq, one clearing roadside bombs, twice decorated, on the cover of Stars & Stripes magazine). I've witnessed a lot through his eyes, including the dual betrayals by his government - pulling out of Iraq after seeing his buddies sacrifice their lives, their physical health, and their mental health, AND seeing Afghani nationals who helped him in Iraq get killed by the Taliban when we abandoned their country. It's been hard for me to witness; I can't even imagine what he and his compadres think about all of that.

I find it interesting that this fight over abortion comes during a Generational Crisis Era. Abortion is the logical conclusion to the use of contraception, which coincidentally (or not) became legalized during the LAST Generational Crisis Era. As with the upcoming WW3, and the political upheaval we're experiencing at home, this is a battle where only one side will prevail. I don't see these two opposing ideologies existing side by side much longer.

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

JDav wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 10:43 am
Navigator wrote:
Just saw that Supreme Court is going to overturn Roe vs Wade (giving women the right to have an abortion).

I took a sabbatical from all but basic internet use for Lent, but this news kind of ties in with the debate I've see on this site for a while - who his more evil, us or the Russians. While I see Russia as being more overtly evil, as evidenced by their actions in Syria, Ukraine, and elsewhere, I don't deny the covertly evil nature of our own government. You can not deny that any nation that sacrifice's a million babies a year on Moloch's altar is not evil. Not to mention its complicity in creating a deadly virus while also withholding treatment, as we have with the whole Covid saga. And for those who think this is new, how about a government that performed medical experiments on un-knowing subjects (Tuskegee Airmen or the horrors perpetrated in some orphanages). Or the insane idea of selling guns to criminals in the hopes they use them, as a means of achieving gun control (Fast and Furious). Our government is not above causing or allowing harm and death as a means of achieving its ends. They just don't do it as openly as some other countries. But don't doubt for a second that many in our government ENVY other nations for that.

That's why I support neither Ukraine or Russia, nor even the US in the current world crisis. Though living here is probably infinitely more pleasant than just about anywhere else in the world, I'm under no illusion that our way of life is worth preserving if we allow these evils to continue to be perpetrated. I've read how some of you are experiencing a deepening faith. With that must eventually come a detachment from things of the world. Look at the Apostles - only John survived into old age without being killed for his faith. Pain and struggle are the natural order of things, though over the last 75 years we Americans have done everything we can to convince ourselves otherwise.

For the record, I've never served in the military. My son was a Marine, though (two tours in Iraq, one clearing roadside bombs, twice decorated, on the cover of Stars & Stripes magazine). I've witnessed a lot through his eyes, including the dual betrayals by his government - pulling out of Iraq after seeing his buddies sacrifice their lives, their physical health, and their mental health, AND seeing Afghani nationals who helped him in Iraq get killed by the Taliban when we abandoned their country. It's been hard for me to witness; I can't even imagine what he and his compadres think about all of that.

I find it interesting that this fight over abortion comes during a Generational Crisis Era. Abortion is the logical conclusion to the use of contraception, which coincidentally (or not) became legalized during the LAST Generational Crisis Era. As with the upcoming WW3, and the political upheaval we're experiencing at home, this is a battle where only one side will prevail. I don't see these two opposing ideologies existing side by side much longer.
Well written, articulate, and precise. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and expressing a view that probably will not be very well accepted in this forum, yet which is very much in line with my own views.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Sensing a Stalled Russia, West Adds Support and Arms for Ukraine
Michael Schwirtz and Jason Horowitz - Yesterday 6:33 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/se ... li=BBnb7Kz

EU Plans to Block Russians From Buying European Real Estate
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... eal-estate

EU Proposes Ban on Russian Oil Imports, Sending Prices Higher
https://www.wsj.com/articles/eu-propose ... 1651648950

France on brink of war with Russia as Putin ready to 'tip' Macron into Ukraine conflict
VLADIMIR PUTIN could decide to make France one of Ukraine's "co-belligerents" and tilt France into war with Russia, a defence consultant warns.
By THIBAULT SPIRLET
06:47, Wed, May 4, 2022 | UPDATED: 08:58, Wed, May 4, 2022
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/16 ... -russia-vn
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

utahbob wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 9:13 am
It looks like America has sent its “Grid Removal System” or Multiple Launch Rockets Systems and Long Range Missile Systems to Ukraine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PznwpsZULxE Trust me these are nasty. The US army called it “Steel Rain” while the Iraqis called it “black rain.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7fj97-UckI
How many times did we 'almost' had a nuclear exchange in a less volatile era?
Why are we closer to nuclear war now than ever before?
Picking the same fights in a more volatile era perhaps begets results of a different nature. God help us

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

FullMoon wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 12:55 pm
Why are we closer to nuclear war now than ever before?
Picking the same fights in a more volatile era perhaps begets results of a different nature. God help us
One classic answer ties in with nobody wanting to repeat crisis wars when the previous one is in living memory. Perhaps this is a more volatile era?

Post by Guest »

JDav wrote:
Navigator wrote:

I don't want to live in a theocracy.
I like secular government. I am also pro-choice and I support the death penalty. I don't think we are sacrificing anyone to Moloch. The last President we had that thought like you was George W. Bush, a war criminal. He was also kind enough to pass a law that allowed for bankruptcy to take your home too. Previous to that, you could declare bankruptcy and at least keep your house. Most bankruptcy in America is due to medical bills. Only in America are 6 and 7 figure medical bills common. G.W. Bush bowed to the will of the medical insurance industry and sacrificed the American people to it. Millions of Americans are destroyed by medical bankruptcies every year now. America is now a zero sum game. This because of a presidents that had "holy visions".

The "holy" president did more to screw up this country and shaft the world than most of our presidents. I did not support the invasions of Afghanistan or Iraq. I find it bizarre that you are not angry about the invasions to begin with, but only the ending of those two hopeless conflicts. I hope that no one else with your mentality ever becomes president again.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

FullMoon said:
The All-knowing Wiki lists 16:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_n ... lose_calls
and those are just the ones we know about...
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Post by Guest »

The fundamental and insoluble problem Putin faces is simply this: Russia isn't big enough. Yes, it is a physically vast country. But it's population is only about the same as the UK and Germany combined; and it's economy is about the same size as Italy's.
Russia will run out of soldiers, materiel, and money long before the NATO allies do, which combined have a GDP that is pushing 30X that of Russia.
It's as if Belgium went to war with the USA and imagined it would win. That is not much of an exaggeration of the economic mismatch we are talking about here.

JDav

Post by JDav »

Guest wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 8:25 pm
JDav wrote:
Navigator wrote:

I don't want to live in a theocracy.
I like secular government. I am also pro-choice and I support the death penalty. I don't think we are sacrificing anyone to Moloch. The last President we had that thought like you was George W. Bush, a war criminal. He was also kind enough to pass a law that allowed for bankruptcy to take your home too. Previous to that, you could declare bankruptcy and at least keep your house. Most bankruptcy in America is due to medical bills. Only in America are 6 and 7 figure medical bills common. G.W. Bush bowed to the will of the medical insurance industry and sacrificed the American people to it. Millions of Americans are destroyed by medical bankruptcies every year now. America is now a zero sum game. This because of a presidents that had "holy visions".

The "holy" president did more to screw up this country and shaft the world than most of our presidents. I did not support the invasions of Afghanistan or Iraq. I find it bizarre that you are not angry about the invasions to begin with, but only the ending of those two hopeless conflicts. I hope that no one else with your mentality ever becomes president again.
Nor do I want to live in a theocracy. Nothing I said in my post is advocacy for one. I infer from your reply that you believe the only evil our government ever perpetrated was by GWBush. Is that correct? You don't even mention his worst evil - his support and encouragement (then as today) of our broken immigration system that has caused untold misery through the effects of human trafficking and drug smuggling, all in the name of cheap, exploitable labor, and increased power & profit for his ilk, on both sides of the political aisle.

You say you're pro-choice. Is that a feel-good slogan you utter so you can "fit in" with your friends, or do you fully understand the medical meaning of the word?

Pro (in favor of) - Choice (let's call a spade a spade; the only "choice" we're talking about is a woman's right to choose to abort, or terminate, her pregnancy). Terminate (end) her pregnancy (living offspring gestating in a mother's womb). Terminating something that is alive is killing it. In the human context, gestating offspring in the mother's womb is a fancy way of saying "unborn child".

So, instead of telling yourself that you're pro-choice, be honest and tell yourself, "I'm in favor of a mother's right to kill the unborn baby in her womb." You may not "think" it, but that's what the god (demon) of child sacrifice is all about. And, our society has come up with a pretty way of describing it, which makes it even easier for him to collect his tribute. If you, and others, spoke more clearly about exactly what you support, there would be far less of it going on in the world. At least, I hope.

I neither judge nor condemn you, nor even try to convert you - it's not my job. But you illustrate perfectly my reasoning - if half the people in this country think as you do then this is not a country and a way of life worth fighting for, at least for me. So, put the Ukrainian flag on your FB profile pic, or a Russian, American, or Chinese flag, or a pussy hat for all I care. There are temporal AND spiritual consequences for all our thoughts, words, and actions. You suffer yours; I'll suffer mine.