Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Cool Breeze

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Cool Breeze »

Well, he is and he's left/libertarian elitist. Who cares, let's move on

Neil Howe was on Wealthion the other day, again saying little to nothing.

Did those guys steal some of John's stuff? He gets paid a lot to say a lot of nothing, in my view.

spottybrowncow

Post by spottybrowncow »

I would like to wish everyone on the forum, even (especially?) those I disagree with 99% of the time, a very Happy New Year.

I would also like to thank John for sticking it out another year - we all appreciate you immensely.

God bless, and may 2023 not be as bad as we all know it could be.

Spotty

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Turkey Violated Airspace of Greece More than 10,000 Times in 2022
By
Tasos Kokkinidis
December 31, 2022
https://greekreporter.com/2022/12/31/tu ... imes-2022/
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Post by Guest »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:25 pm
Turkey Violated Airspace of Greece More than 10,000 Times in 2022
By
Tasos Kokkinidis
December 31, 2022
https://greekreporter.com/2022/12/31/tu ... imes-2022/
This article is an exaggeration. The maritime borders are disputed. What really constitutes an airspace violation?

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Happy New Year, everybody!

Guest 23

Post by Guest 23 »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:40 pm
Well, he is and he's left/libertarian elitist. Who cares, let's move on

Neil Howe was on Wealthion the other day, again saying little to nothing.

Did those guys steal some of John's stuff? He gets paid a lot to say a lot of nothing, in my view.
Zeihan is also an enthusiastic supporter of Mexifornia. He thinks fusing the US ans Mexico into one is great. Well, it isn't. It will be a disaster. I don't think most of his analysis is worth anything. He's ridiculous.

Dark Ages, here we come.

Buddha

Post by Buddha »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:13 pm
Merry Christmas

Happy New Year to all as well

It looks like 2023 is going to be crazy.
Don't worry about what others say, Cool Breeze. Everybody is racist today. Own it.

El Cid M

Post by El Cid M »

Jack Edwards wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:55 am
My 2 cents of Peter Zeihan.

He's got an interesting take, and I listen to quite a bit of what he puts out. He speaks with authority on matters relating to demographics and geography - indeed you could summarize his views as "Demographics and Geography are everything". He seems to command a good knowledge of history, economic trade and how countries are strong or vulnerable depending on how their supply chains are laid out. I particularly find intriquing his take on Europe and how they will not be able to sustain because they won't be able to be competitive as high end manufacturers given their supply chains and demographics (particularly Germany).

That being said, he speaks with confidence on everything, and he has said patently ridiculous stuff on Covid 19 early on - like because deer now have it, we have to get boosters forever and the reason Germany had a different trajectory with the virus early on was because the first cases were with youth in some alpine hostel. This leads me to believe he's full of bravado and just because he says he knows what's going on - doesn't mean he does. It's all part of his brand and how he makes money selling himself and his theories of how things work.

He's definitely a believer in "smart people should be in charge", is a statist and laments the populism trend in the USA. He thought George HW Bush was our best recent president. He thinks the Biden admin is way more competent than it seems to be to me. He's a product of the present liberal mindset. Thinks Twitter with it's recent foray into free speech is filling his threads with useless information, and generally is dismissive of all things Trump.

Like most commentators - he doesn't see the Tsunami that is Generational Dynamics and the ~ 80 year cycles that go along with it. He believes that lots of regional wars are possible as the USA withdraws from the global scene but dismisses the idea of a Crisis war between the great powers.

I think if you're looking a couple years out, he's got a lot of good points, but for decades out, I think not understanding or taking into account generational cycles means his longer term predictions are inaccurate.

Regards,
Jack
Excellent! Thank you, Jack.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/chi ... 023-01-01/

The last time we had an aviation clash it was a big deal. But China was much more of a backward third world country than it is today and is probably looking for a small fight to turn it into a big win using their propaganda machine. Any reason to definitively push the US Navy more out of the region.

Bob Butler

Ages

Post by Bob Butler »

Jack Edwards wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:55 am
Like most commentators - he (Zeihan) doesn't see the Tsunami that is Generational Dynamics and the ~ 80 year cycles that go along with it. He believes that lots of regional wars are possible as the USA withdraws from the global scene but dismisses the idea of a Crisis war between the great powers.
Like most commentators, you don't seem to see Ages and how the basic pattern of civilization changes with them. The lessons you can pick up in the Industrial Age do not necessarily continue into the Information Age. I too think crisis wars were an Information Age thing, even though I take the 80 year cycles far more seriously than most.