Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
El Cid M

Re: Lahaina water rights?

Post by El Cid M »

Bob Butler wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:14 pm
Guest wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:58 am
The Forbidden City is flooded.
So is Palm Springs? Do we wish Lahaina could have been?

I gather there is controversy as to whether Lahaina will be able to rebuild more or less as it was. The big tourist corporations have the money and are looking to move in big time. There is also a water controversy. The locals want to maintain as much ability to continue traditional agriculture, while some big businesses are looking to gain more water rights. When Biden recently visited, he was fairly firm that the locals of Lahaina could retain control to rebuild much as it was. It might take some firm federal arm twisting to keep big business at bay.
'Equity' in action...

https://nypost.com/2023/08/19/hawaii-o ... ver-water/
Access to water should be predicated on “conversations about equity,” according to the Hawaii official under fire for delaying access to water during the Maui wildfires.

M. Kaleo Manuel, former deputy director of the Hawaii Commission on Water Resource Management, waited for more than five hours to release water during the wildfires that devastated Maui, according to reports.

In a livestream debate hosted by the University of Hawaii last year, Manuel described water as a sacred god.

“Let water connect us and not divide us,” said Manuel, referring to water distribution on the island. “We can share it, but it requires true conversations about equity…How do we coexist with the resources we have?”

Another guest

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Another guest »

A former Obama Foundation leader — part of a program by the former President’s non-profit to help participants with coaching and “practical skill building for social change” — Manuel said he considered water an important tool for social justice.
You can't make this crap up.
“We watched the devastation around us without the ability to help,” said the company in the letter. “We anxiously awaited the morning knowing that we could have made more water available to MFD [Maui Fire Department] if our request had been immediately approved.”
Bob's logic in action.

Bob Butler

Lahaina water rights?

Post by Bob Butler »

Another guest wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:14 pm
“We watched the devastation around us without the ability to help,” said the company in the letter. “We anxiously awaited the morning knowing that we could have made more water available to MFD [Maui Fire Department] if our request had been immediately approved.”
Bob's logic in action.
I caught one segment on MSNBC, and you can guess how they would lean. Their reporter linked up with one of the locals. According to him, the company that offered water was not connected to the local fire hydrants, so the offer of water would have done nobody any good. Meanwhile, the company in question was supposedly the one that kept power to the wires which may or may not have started the fire. Meanwhile, the traditional irrigation methods are bringing back the local wildlife and wetlife. Native traditions, rah, rah, rah,

I am sure there is another side to tell. Big money against the locals is definitely happening. Only in recent times have the locals started to get control back after the plantations swallowed them whole. As I said, you can guess how MSNBC would lean. The other side of the story was told from a less than favorable slant. I'm figuring big money would be able to find a place for tourist traps without making the natives upset. Me, I live near Cape Cod and have a highly mixed feeling towards tourists. The money coming in is great, so long as they don't mess things up too bad. It seems Biden is coming down on the native's side. The burning of a town should not be used for big money to profit and ruin things for the locals.

Post by Guest »

Bob Butler wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:37 am
Another guest wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:14 pm
Bob's logic in action.
I caught one segment on MSNBC, and you can guess how they would lean. Their reporter linked up with one of the locals. According to him, the company that offered water was not connected to the local fire hydrants, so the offer of water would have done nobody any good. Meanwhile, the company in question was supposedly the one that kept power to the wires which may or may not have started the fire. Meanwhile, the traditional irrigation methods are bringing back the local wildlife and wetlife. Native traditions, rah, rah, rah,

I am sure there is another side to tell. Big money against the locals is definitely happening. Only in recent times have the locals started to get control back after the plantations swallowed them whole. As I said, you can guess how MSNBC would lean. The other side of the story was told from a less than favorable slant. I'm figuring big money would be able to find a place for tourist traps without making the natives upset. Me, I live near Cape Cod and have a highly mixed feeling towards tourists. The money coming in is great, so long as they don't mess things up too bad. It seems Biden is coming down on the native's side. The burning of a town should not be used for big money to profit and ruin things for the locals.
I heard it was Donald Trump's fault...

John

Post by John »

** 23-Aug-2023 World View: Wagner Group leader Yevgeny Prigozhin killed

Ten killed in private jet crash north of
Moscow - Wagner leader Yevgeny Prigozhin
'on passenger list'

Wednesday 23 August 2023

https://news.sky.com/story/ten-killed-i ... t-12946006

NoMansLand

Post by NoMansLand »

Prigozhin was on board the crashed plane according to Russian media sources.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... as-crashed

John beat me to it by a minute.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

Guest wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:10 pm
Ha! As if he didn't have enough problems.

Post by Guest »

Bob Butler wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:47 pm
Guest wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:10 pm
Ha! As if he didn't have enough problems.
That passed right over you.

Post by Guest »

John wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:26 pm
** 23-Aug-2023 World View: Wagner Group leader Yevgeny Prigozhin killed

Ten killed in private jet crash north of
Moscow - Wagner leader Yevgeny Prigozhin
'on passenger list'

Wednesday 23 August 2023

https://news.sky.com/story/ten-killed-i ... t-12946006
🇷🇺⚡️- Dmitry Utkin, the co-founder and second-in-command of PMC Wagner, has also died aboard the plane.

A clean sweep.

Post by Guest »

🇷🇺⚡️ - Prigozhin and his lieutenants' bodies have been found and identified.