Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
User avatar
Tom Mazanec
Posts: 3416
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:13 pm

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Tom Mazanec »

'We Must Find an Agreement': Zelenskyy Calls for Direct Talks With Putin
"I am ready to speak with Putin, but only with him, without his intermediaries and on the terms of dialogue, and not ultimatums," said the Ukrainian president.
JAKE JOHNSON
May 13, 2022
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2022/ ... alks-putin

Russia To Cut Electricity Supplied To Finland Saturday On Heels Of Announced NATO Bid
Tyler Durden's Photo
BY TYLER DURDEN
FRIDAY, MAY 13, 2022 - 02:45 PM
https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/russia ... d-nato-bid

Zelensky welcomes US Senate GOP delegation led by Mitch McConnell
By Tim Lister and Veronica Stracqualursi, CNN
Updated 10:09 AM ET, Sat May 14, 2022
https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/14/politics ... index.html

WORLD
Ukraine Launches Counteroffensive to Disrupt Russian Supply Lines
Russian President Vladimir Putin warns Finland that joining NATO would damage relations
By Yaroslav Trofimov
and Mauro Orru
Updated May 14, 2022 9:38 am ET
https://www.wsj.com/articles/ukraine-la ... 1652531731

May 14, 2022
10:13 AM EDT
Last Updated 7 min ago
Ukraine wages counteroffensive in east
By Tom Balmforth and Jonathan Landay
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/uk ... 022-05-14/
SHARKS (crossed out) MONGEESE (sic) WITH FRICKIN' LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS

Guest

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Guest »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 9:56 am
Does anyone listen to Jim Rickards on this topic?

He has it correct. The Ukrainians are just sacrificing more people and wasting more money to end with the same result. To do what, get more and more free cash from the stupid/bought American pols? Proving the point. It's always been a NATO proxy war and slush fund for puppets like Zelensky. Just disgusting.
I've listened to JR for over ten years, and he is full of crap. he has always been pro-Russian too. Go through You Tube and watch his old interviews...

Cool Breeze
Posts: 1796
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:19 pm

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Cool Breeze »

Guest wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 11:57 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 9:56 am
Does anyone listen to Jim Rickards on this topic?

He has it correct. The Ukrainians are just sacrificing more people and wasting more money to end with the same result. To do what, get more and more free cash from the stupid/bought American pols? Proving the point. It's always been a NATO proxy war and slush fund for puppets like Zelensky. Just disgusting.
I've listened to JR for over ten years, and he is full of crap. he has always been pro-Russian too. Go through You Tube and watch his old interviews...
Why do we get labeled as "Pro Russian" as if that's some sort of argument?

John
Posts: 10998
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
Contact:

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by John »

** 14-May-2022 World View: Former Soviet Republics joining Nato

An e-mail correspondent asked me about former Soviet Republics joining
Nato. This was my response to him:

With regard to your specific question about former Soviet Republics
joining Nato, that's becoming very contentious. When Georgia
started talking about joining Nato, Russia invaded and took
control of Abkazhia and South Ossetia. When Ukraine started talking
about trade deals with Europe, Russia invaded, took control of
Donbas, and also invaded and annexed Crimea. And now Russia
is committing massive atrocities in Ukraine.

So Finland and Sweden didn't want to join Nato because they didn't
want to provoke Russia. But Russia's invasion of Ukraine has
rapidly changed opinions, since they realize that they may be next.
Finland's population went from 70 years of being 80% opposed to
joining Nato within three months to being 80% in favor of joining
Nato, and they'll probably do so soon. Sweden may do so next.

The Nato members will have to vote on this. It will probably pass,
although Turkey is strongly opposed, and Germany and France have
expressed reservations.

Beyond that, other east European countries might possibly discuss
joining Nato, but that's too politically charged right now.

thomasglee
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:07 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by thomasglee »

Guest wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 11:57 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 9:56 am
Does anyone listen to Jim Rickards on this topic?

He has it correct. The Ukrainians are just sacrificing more people and wasting more money to end with the same result. To do what, get more and more free cash from the stupid/bought American pols? Proving the point. It's always been a NATO proxy war and slush fund for puppets like Zelensky. Just disgusting.
I've listened to JR for over ten years, and he is full of crap. he has always been pro-Russian too. Go through You Tube and watch his old interviews...
You’ve listened to a guy for ten years who you say is full of crap. Then why listen to him?
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

thomasglee
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:07 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by thomasglee »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 9:56 am
Why do we get labeled as "Pro Russian" as if that's some sort of argument?
Because real debate takes thought. Also, it’s like the proverbial question, “have you stopped beating your wife”? No matter how you answer, they can twist your words in a negative manner.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

Guest

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Guest »

thomasglee wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 4:41 pm
Guest wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 11:57 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 9:56 am
Does anyone listen to Jim Rickards on this topic?

He has it correct. The Ukrainians are just sacrificing more people and wasting more money to end with the same result. To do what, get more and more free cash from the stupid/bought American pols? Proving the point. It's always been a NATO proxy war and slush fund for puppets like Zelensky. Just disgusting.
I've listened to JR for over ten years, and he is full of crap. he has always been pro-Russian too. Go through You Tube and watch his old interviews...
You’ve listened to a guy for ten years who you say is full of crap. Then why listen to him?
Because I buy and silver and Rickards is part of the precious metals crowd. Even though most of the You Tube precious crowd's predictions have yet to come true (Alasdair Macleod,Egon von Greyez, Rickards, Gerald Celente, etc,) I still listen to the interviews because I think it is important to hear people out on both sides. I think discernment is an important skill.

At least I don't listen to Martian Armstrong and James Corbett.

thomasglee
Posts: 593
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:07 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by thomasglee »

Guest wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 8:55 pm
thomasglee wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 4:41 pm
Guest wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 11:57 am


I've listened to JR for over ten years, and he is full of crap. he has always been pro-Russian too. Go through You Tube and watch his old interviews...
You’ve listened to a guy for ten years who you say is full of crap. Then why listen to him?
Because I buy and silver and Rickards is part of the precious metals crowd. Even though most of the You Tube precious crowd's predictions have yet to come true (Alasdair Macleod,Egon von Greyez, Rickards, Gerald Celente, etc,) I still listen to the interviews because I think it is important to hear people out on both sides. I think discernment is an important skill.

At least I don't listen to Martian Armstrong and James Corbett.
But you listen to a guy YOU think is full of crap. Shows your level of discernment. lol
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

Guest

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Guest »

thomasglee wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 9:32 pm
Guest wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 8:55 pm
thomasglee wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 4:41 pm


You’ve listened to a guy for ten years who you say is full of crap. Then why listen to him?
Because I buy and silver and Rickards is part of the precious metals crowd. Even though most of the You Tube precious crowd's predictions have yet to come true (Alasdair Macleod,Egon von Greyez, Rickards, Gerald Celente, etc,) I still listen to the interviews because I think it is important to hear people out on both sides. I think discernment is an important skill.

At least I don't listen to Martian Armstrong and James Corbett.
But you listen to a guy YOU think is full of crap. Shows your level of discernment. lol
At least i know he is, unlike you, who believe James Corbett and Martin Armstrong.

Guest

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Guest »

The CPI grossly underestimates shelter (rent) which is stated as 5.1% YOY in the April CPI. The actual YOY increase is 12-15% and higher in some areas. Acutal inflation is well over 10%. Of Americans, 40% work for a real declining wage, rent and have less than $1000 in the bank. This cohort is hit especially hard in the areas of rent, food and energy.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests