Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
DaKardii

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by DaKardii »

If the CCP is looking for a potential Taiwanese equivalent to Petain or Quisling, perhaps this guy would be a strong candidate.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4261383

Another guest

Post by Another guest »

Another ridiculous news article on Portland and the head scratching among liberals as to why the once most livable city in America has become a murder capital.

The mayor (who has his own You Tube channel) has defunded the police and his underlings at city hall talk in circles (as liberals always do) when pondering how to solve the crime wave which has engulfed the city.
Amid booming calls to defund the police, city leaders slashed $27 million from the police budget last year — $11 million due to the pandemic-caused budget crisis — a decision that Turner says has cost lives.

Officials also disbanded a specialized unit focused on curbing gun violence, which long faced criticism for disproportionately targeting people of color.

Insufficient manpower and funds have forced officials to implement nontraditional ideas in an attempt to hinder gun violence.

More traffic barrels were installed this month in a southeast Portland neighborhood plagued by shootings, some linked to high-speed drivers. City Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty said they hope to slow activity at gun violence hot spots and make it harder to "both commit a crime and get away with it.”

“This is an all-hands-on deck situation where government needs to dig deep, think creatively,” Hardesty said. “From police to community-based organizations to infrastructure design — we all have a role to play in this emergency."

In addition, Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler announced in June that officers are no longer being directed to stop drivers for low-level traffic violations.

Wheeler and Police Chief Chuck Lovell said this was in response to data showing a disproportionate impact on Black drivers, but also because the city doesn't have enough officers.

But experts, police and residents say these measures aren't nearly enough to counter the most violent year in the city's modern history.
Yes, let's not arrest certain bad drivers. That would be racist.

The mayor is more interested in climate change than running a city. Mayor Wheeler (supposedly a communist) has been tear gassed by his own police force at BLM rallies.

Half the Portland police force walked out in 2020.

You can't make this stuff up.

Another guest

Post by Another guest »

But experts, police and residents say these measures aren't nearly enough to counter the most violent year in the city's modern history.

“This past year has shattered anything that I’ve ever witnessed,” said Irving, the outreach worker and a former gang member.
https://news.yahoo.com/dangerous-time-p ... 21197.html

John

Post by John »

20-Oct-21 World View -- Investigation of Beirut Lebanon's seaport explosion leads to more violence

Hezbollah threatens large-scale violence

** 20-Oct-21 World View -- Investigation of Beirut Lebanon's seaport explosion leads to more violence
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e211020

Contents:
Bloody gun battle in Beirut Lebanon stokes memories of civil war
Lebanon's government of impunity
The investigation of the port explosion paralyzes Lebanon's government
Hezbollah threatens large-scale violence
Lebanon's future

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Lebanon, Beirut,
Michel Aoun, Hezbollah, Sayyed Hasan Nasrallah, Iran,
ammonium nitrate, fertilizer, Tarek Bitar,
Lebanese civil war, Democide pattern, shawarma paradox,
Samir Geagea, Lebanese Forces, LF, Saudi Arabia

Post by Guest »

Another guest wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:40 pm

“This past year has shattered anything that I’ve ever witnessed,” said Irving, the outreach worker and a former gang member.
Law and order will never return to the United States. Ever. I think Americans should accept that and act accordingly. Whether that is leaving the country, launching a civil war and separatist campaign, or accepting your fate and dying like sheep. The choice is yours. But you should see things for what they really are.

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

Guest wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:17 am
Another guest wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:40 pm

Law and order will never return to the United States. Ever. I think Americans should accept that and act accordingly. Whether that is leaving the country, launching a civil war and separatist campaign, or accepting your fate and dying like sheep. The choice is yours. But you should see things for what they really are.
I would say move to my part of Texas where things are nice and calm, but I won't.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Well, I am dependent on my family, and at this time they are not planning on leaving the country (although all have left suburban Cleveland, including me). I do not have it in me to take up arms. So I guess I will be a sheep.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Pakistan Navy Intercepts Indian Submarine In Maritime Border Breach, Blasts "Deplorable" Aggression
Tyler Durden's Photo
BY TYLER DURDEN
TUESDAY, OCT 19, 2021 - 08:25 PM

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... ach-blasts
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Zoomer go Brr wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:14 pm
thomasglee wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:20 am
Jack Edwards wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:56 pm
Thinker wrote:

To be sure, an element of the worker shortage is people retiring early and to John's point, many women are prioritizing child rearing over being employed. But, the comment I hear over and over again from manufacturers in flyover country is: "Nobody wants to work", and then this is followed with stories of employees who quit to collect welfare checks. So, that too is an element of the worker shortage. Being in manufacturing, the work is physical, dirty, hot/cold. It's work. There is a segment of society which will default to laziness when they can get away with it. And we gave them all an excuse with Covid to not do hard work. I have no idea how they are getting on as some of these benefits are expiring, but sure seems like a lot of folks are choosing to voluntarily not work. Universally businesses are complaining they can't find good help.

The type of worker manufacturing is going after generally aren't you're aging boomers or younger mom's, so your or John's conclusions may very well be accurate - it's just not what I see in manufacturing.

Now... these OSHA covid testing mandates and federal contractor vax mandates the D's are pushing are going to further exacerbate this problem. Most manufacturers have pursued lean, just-in-time operating philosophies over the past decade and were not over staffed before Covid. They are barely making it now. Workers are enormously pissed at being told they need to vax and another not insignificant portion will leave the workforce. It's close to the point where things just won't work anymore if businesses lose more people, there just won't be enough and supply chains will be devastated.

It's going to get uglier I'm afraid.

Regards,
Jack
I work in MFG too and up until about this past July, we couldn't even get people to apply, much less work. Recently we have been able to hire and they're working out well, but it is too early to see if they'll stick around. To attract employees we have had to offer some incentives such as higher than we used to pay wages, full-time benefits for a 30 hour work-week, overtime to those willing to work, 14 days PTO on top of our normal holiday days off, and we promote ourselves as a "second chance, felon friendly" employer ".

Now, having said that, to pay for such we have had to automate some of our back-office operations to help us cut back on administrative costs.

If you think things like 14 days of PTO, offering benefits, and paying an above minimum wage are “above and beyond” then you were stuck in a time-warp. No one is going to degrade themselves to make peanuts in the hopes of “proving themselves” or “working their way up.” I’ve been there and time and time again I’ve learned there is zero loyalty in any business, that you need to lock-in what you want before day 1 or you are stuck chasing. People used to grow with a company and get the 40-year employment watch and party. Now people are lucky if they stay somewhere for 4 years.

Another aspect of this not talked about is young men are simply choosing not to participate in life the way they used to. Divorce will ruin a modern American man, as will kids out of wedlock. Fathers are looked at as imbeciles. Colleges can’t find men to enroll, but do nothing to help men. When colleges try to help men, faculty and students revolt at “patriarchy” - Wall St. Journal did a great article on this:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/college-un ... 1630948233

Out of my group of 10 male friends, only 5 of us are married, only 3 have kids, only 1 has multiple kids. Those who are single choose to stay single and live their lives the way they want. It’s not hard to find a woman to warm your bed with according to them. They would rather pursue what they want and participate in the workforce how and when they want then be “stuck” like I am having a wife and kid to provide for and needing the stability of a 9-5 job. You might think this is a minority of young men but it is a significant minority that is definitely part of the disappearing workforce.
People, especially the older generations, need to listen and consider to summaries like this because they are true and reflective of reality NOW, not how things were 60 years ago that the older generations conveniently ignore. In the world of inversion, everything is chaotic, and a classic inversion of the current age is hating men, hating the producers, hating God (as our Father), etc. It's really quite obvious as you look at it. As a 1%er, I can tell you (and I don't desire to be a player) that women don't bring anything that a man desires into relationships anymore (not all, it's just that the few that do by definition are rare and marry at age 20-25), and so many women are sluts that the sex thing ends up not being something that's a big deal otherwise. With the laws the way they are, there are basically no incentives for men to marry a woman, unless he overweights the kid thing as legacy. And even then he has to worry about his kids being raised in a situation in which indoctrination, disgusting culture and internet tech madness, and demons rule the day. There are plenty of women who want to get married but seriously, the only ones that are humbled enough to let a man lead a family and follow him are the ones that are ugly, fat, or too old (old to men also includes ugly and fat). As they say, the juice ain't worth the squeeze. It's just the reality in this day and age when women are raised by people to be weak versions of men. They are totally unhappy about it, too, which is the sad thing.

pnwqb

Post by pnwqb »

Another guest wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:39 pm
Another ridiculous news article on Portland and the head scratching among liberals as to why the once most livable city in America has become a murder capital.

The mayor (who has his own You Tube channel) has defunded the police and his underlings at city hall talk in circles (as liberals always do) when pondering how to solve the crime wave which has engulfed the city.
Amid booming calls to defund the police, city leaders slashed $27 million from the police budget last year — $11 million due to the pandemic-caused budget crisis — a decision that Turner says has cost lives.

Officials also disbanded a specialized unit focused on curbing gun violence, which long faced criticism for disproportionately targeting people of color.

Insufficient manpower and funds have forced officials to implement nontraditional ideas in an attempt to hinder gun violence.

More traffic barrels were installed this month in a southeast Portland neighborhood plagued by shootings, some linked to high-speed drivers. City Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty said they hope to slow activity at gun violence hot spots and make it harder to "both commit a crime and get away with it.”

“This is an all-hands-on deck situation where government needs to dig deep, think creatively,” Hardesty said. “From police to community-based organizations to infrastructure design — we all have a role to play in this emergency."

In addition, Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler announced in June that officers are no longer being directed to stop drivers for low-level traffic violations.

Wheeler and Police Chief Chuck Lovell said this was in response to data showing a disproportionate impact on Black drivers, but also because the city doesn't have enough officers.

Yes, let's not arrest certain bad drivers. That would be racist.

The mayor is more interested in climate change than running a city. Mayor Wheeler (supposedly a communist) has been tear gassed by his own police force at BLM rallies.

Half the Portland police force walked out in 2020.

You can't make this stuff up.
I live near Portland and the insanity that's taken over the city is breathtaking. If it wasn't for family in the area, I'd be long gone............