Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
DaKardii

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by DaKardii »

Gas building up at nuclear power plant in Guangdong. The plant is owned by EDF, a French company.

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/chi ... 021-06-14/

John

Post by John »

15-Jun-21 World View -- The hysteria over inflation in a deflationary era

Understanding inflation, deflation and the CPI

** 15-Jun-21 World View -- The hysteria over inflation in a deflationary era
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e210615

Contents:
The hysteria over the Consumer Price Index
Historical consumer price index changes
Understanding inflation, deflation and the CPI
Financial crisis of 2007-2008

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, consumer price index, cpi,
Bureau of Labor Statistics, BLS,
inflation, deflation, hyperinflation,
velocity of money, M2

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

DaKardii wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:31 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:25 pm
Yes, but as Richard Werner has predicted, and this will happen, banks will go away entirely except the central bank. There will be no need for them once each person has an account at the FED, and the control mechanisms possible with that reality are amazing and scary. Yet another reason why BTC is so important for the world.
Because Bitcoin has demonstrated that it's possible to program a virtual currency which can be "mined" in finite numbers, this development mean that we may be (finally) going back to sound money.

But on the other hand, it also means that the system of checks and balances between the private and public sectors is in danger. And that we're headed for a financial tyranny much worse than what we have now.
We've been in that danger already for decades. Financial tyranny is and has already been, here.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:02 pm
We've been in that danger already for decades. Financial tyranny is and has already been, here.
I know. I was just pointing out that it may be about to get a lot worse.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

According to the below website, nearly 40% of small businesses in the country have shut down since January 2020. And if current trends continue, it's only going to get worse.

Meanwhile, nearly 90% of the small businesses that had to shut down during the initial lockdowns are still closed today, presumably because the post-lockdown economy caused them to go out of business permanently.

https://tracktherecovery.org/

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

RE: 15-Jun-21 World View -- The hysteria over inflation in a deflationary era

The mean of your table seems to be positive but low for the last 20 years.
In other words, not deflation but low inflation (unless we are defining 'inflation' and 'deflation' differently).
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:10 am
RE: 15-Jun-21 World View -- The hysteria over inflation in a deflationary era

The mean of your table seems to be positive but low for the last 20 years.
In other words, not deflation but low inflation (unless we are defining 'inflation' and 'deflation' differently).
This is the issue, do they define inflation at all? Once the currency loses value, that loss is forever. It just keeps inflating, but at different rates. I think most of the deflationary commenters aren't honest about this and conflate disinflation with deflation. Dollars are worth 3.5x less than in 1980.

That sounds deflationary to me, if I lived in Bizarro world.

Post by Guest »

https://freebeacon.com/national-securit ... s-arsenal/

I am not surprised China is expanding its nuclear arsenal, I am surprised they allowed them to be counted.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:14 pm
https://freebeacon.com/national-securit ... s-arsenal/

I am not surprised China is expanding its nuclear arsenal, I am surprised they allowed them to be counted.
"Guam killer" missiles...Yeah, right.

China is barking way too loud.

Bring it, bitches. Bring it...

brainwitty

Post by brainwitty »

The masters of the Central banks will be quite happy at this, along with the major large companies, who have used this plandemic to kill off small businesses. Meanwhile the large companies are planning for a large worker replacement in 2 years when all the vaccinated people die off. That is where the illegal aliens enter the picture.

Meanwhile, nearly 90% of the small businesses that had to shut down during the initial lockdowns are still closed today, presumably because the post-lockdown economy caused them to go out of business permanently.