Re: Religion / Theology

Post by Cool Breeze »

Guest wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:55 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:35 pm
Navigator wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:57 pm
At this point I am guessing "Russian Orthodox".
You correctly identified eastern orthodox, but I find it amusing that you had to put some ethnicity in there, especially the one you chose. So I laughed.

Nevertheless, I enjoy reading many of your posts, and always wish you peace and strength in the coming, trying times.
Serbian Orthodox
What about the Serbians? I'm interested in many things, but any of the eastern orthodox churches teach the truth, yes.

Post by Guest »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:04 pm
Guest wrote:
Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:35 pm

You correctly identified eastern orthodox, but I find it amusing that you had to put some ethnicity in there, especially the one you chose. So I laughed.

Nevertheless, I enjoy reading many of your posts, and always wish you peace and strength in the coming, trying times.
Serbian Orthodox
What about the Serbians? I'm interested in many things, but any of the eastern orthodox churches teach the truth, yes.
They are the cheer leaders of genocide. You might like them...

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Guest wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:09 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:04 pm
Guest wrote:

Serbian Orthodox
They are the cheer leaders of genocide. You might like them...
Nah, you guys are already in that group by supporting the drones, strikes on Donbas, coups worldwide, etc. I'm actually pushing for all people and all govs to stop that kind of stuff. But your Social Security might take a hit, or that Medicare card, right? You guys are sick, I hope the laminated card gets laughed at next visit.

M Luther

Post by M Luther »

https://www.aol.com/news/maryland-ag-re ... 13809.html
Report details 'staggering' church sex abuse in Maryland
Just when you think it can't get any worse...
BALTIMORE (AP) — More than 150 Catholic priests and others associated with the Archdiocese of Baltimore sexually abused over 600 children and often escaped accountability, according to a long-awaited state report released Wednesday that revealed the scope of abuse spanning 80 years and accused church leaders of decades of coverups.

The report paints a damning picture of the archdiocese, which is the oldest Roman Catholic diocese in the country...

Post by Guest »

M Luther wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:23 am
https://www.aol.com/news/maryland-ag-re ... 13809.html
Report details 'staggering' church sex abuse in Maryland
Just when you think it can't get any worse...
BALTIMORE (AP) — More than 150 Catholic priests and others associated with the Archdiocese of Baltimore sexually abused over 600 children and often escaped accountability, according to a long-awaited state report released Wednesday that revealed the scope of abuse spanning 80 years and accused church leaders of decades of coverups.

The report paints a damning picture of the archdiocese, which is the oldest Roman Catholic diocese in the country...
How long before this is deleted?

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

I'm not RC or pro-RC, but who believes the media or someone like the "Maryland AG" anymore?

I wouldn't.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

state report released Wednesday that revealed the scope of abuse spanning 80 years
And how much of that spans the last 20 years since the Church got pummeled by the scandal and started cleaning up its act?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Post by Guest »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:05 pm
state report released Wednesday that revealed the scope of abuse spanning 80 years
And how much of that spans the last 20 years since the Church got pummeled by the scandal and started cleaning up its act?
You didn't read the article. The abuse continued until recently.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

How much abuse occurs in Scout troops, Protestant Churches, Public schools, etc.?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Post by Guest »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:45 am
How much abuse occurs in Scout troops, Protestant Churches, Public schools, etc.?
'Well, everybody else is doing it.'

When in Rome...