Societal collapse

Read Navigator's book, How To Prepare For The Coming Storms,
for valuable detailed information on what what's coming.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/coming-storms-preparation

Re: Societal collapse

Post by Guest »

In the past I voted Democrat, because they were (mostly) the kindness party.

But they have become the party of division & hate, so I can no longer support them and will vote Republican.

Now, watch their dirty tricks campaign against me unfold … 🍿

--Elon Musk

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

FullMoon wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 6:58 pm
Navigator wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:34 pm
We are not near to needing to "head to the hills".

I would say 2 on your 1-10 scale.

However, if you lived within 20 miles or so of a major US military installation, especially a naval base, I would say that you should move. Now seems to be a good time given current real estate market conditions. How long those will hold up is questionable.

In the past I have said that if we see nukes being used, it would be in VERY limited fashion. Putin is bad, but not insane, and he doesn't want a nuclear winter either.

Only a few military targets would be on the list.

Domestically, I see economic hardship as what is coming next. This will turn into all kinds of domestic turmoil as people will want more free handouts, and the government won't be able to do it.

Cyber attacks and domestic insurrection will happen when the Chinese make their move and the US gets involved (which may not be right away).
Navigator, have we gotten any higher on your "heading to the hills" barometer?
What's your take on the status of the real estate market?
We haven't heard from Navigator for a while. I would still very much value his perspective on this and other issues.

Post by Guest »

I have lived in LA for 40 years / mid -city/mid wilshire. Coalition building may be successful itself, but for what purpose, to get elected? Certainly not results.

The billions in tax dollars raised and being spent on homelessness is vapor as advocates and real-estate owners, construction firms and bureacracy - including lawyers and politicians- make money in the endless churn.

LAPD encourages vigilantism by not answering the phone. I called 911 recently to report a bonfire started by 2 homeless, in front of a Starbucks at Wilshire and Olympic just 1 block from LACMA - 8 or so blocks from the Grove! - and was transferred to the non-emergency line of LAPD which is a 90 minute interminable wait.

During the pandemic, hundred of Angelenos spun out thier cars in intersections and residential streets surrounding Carthy Circle and Square every Sunday at the same time for months . LAPD never appeared even after calling 911 AND visits to the Wilshire station to discuss even someone station themselves at Pico and Fairfax at 5 just as a deterrant. Nope, never happened. When the residents blocked a street to prevent a circulatory egress, preventing the path of many drivers, 911 was called on the residents homeowners themselves, to which LAPD came 90 minutes later to chide them for their actions.

Its no wonder there is nihilism, penetrating every last corner of society. Nothing to be done, except for oneself.

Post by Guest »

Yes, it’s true that LA (along with most of the rest of California) is losing population thanks to the politicians and policies that embrace and reward crime, homelessness, mental illness, substance abuse, etc. And, it’s true that CA has already lost on Congressional seat; the first time that’s EVER happened in the state’s history.

But cheer up, Californians! If your Ken Doll governor gets his way, your tax dollars will soon be paying for reparations checks to black people! Just THINK about all the black people who’ll move to CA to get their piece of that pie! You’ll make up that population loss in NO time!

John

Post by John »

** 04-Jun-2022 World View: Recalling pro-criminal DAs
> "Los Angeles DA George Gascon recall support grows:
> ‘Figuratively and literally’ in voters' hands

> Published June 1, 2022 6:23pm EDT

> FIRST ON FOX: Recall organizers in Los Angeles County said
> Wednesday they were heading down the home stretch of a months-long
> campaign to force the exit of District Attorney George Gascon amid
> a crime surge.

> The Recall George Gascon campaign said it has collected 500,000
> signatures as of Monday, leaving them with 67,000 more needed from
> registered voters by the July 6 deadline to put the recall
> question on a ballot."

> https://www.foxnews.com/us/los-angeles- ... ters-hands
> "Examiner poll finds San Fran voters will recall Chesa
> Boudin despite strong support for reform

> By Gil Duran Jun 3, 2022

> It’s hardly news at this point, but San Francisco voters will
> almost certainly oust District Attorney Chesa Boudin next week. A
> new Examiner poll of 541 likely voters conducted by Change
> Research from May 26-29 shows 56% in favor of recalling the DA,
> who has a disapproval rate of 62%.

> The poll is the latest public survey to show Boudin losing
> big. While I don’t support the recall, I’m also not a fan of
> poll-denialism. Barring a literal miracle, Boudin is done."

> https://www.sfexaminer.com/news/examine ... 0b65f.html

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

FullMoon wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:59 am

We haven't heard from Navigator for a while. I would still very much value his perspective on this and other issues.
I have been taking my own advice and am getting things in order for myself and family. Building chicken coops, gardening, and so on.

I will start to post frequently again soon.

Have focused a lot on keeping up on the developments in Ukraine and watching daily situation reports.

Post by Guest »

Navigator wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:47 am
FullMoon wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:59 am

I have been taking my own advice and am getting things in order for myself and family. Building chicken coops, gardening, and so on.

I will start to post frequently again soon.

Have focused a lot on keeping up on the developments in Ukraine and watching daily situation reports.
WW 3 is this close?

Jack Edwards

Post by Jack Edwards »

Guest said: WW3 is this close?

We don't know when there will be a financial collapse or a situation when a large proportion of countries are at war (WW3). We just know that from a historical trend, we are ready to have a crisis war and/or a financial collapse.

At the moment we are on the edge of a knife stability wise. Not only are we generationally ready to over react and not seek compromise, we have the following:
- An imminent famine ready to occur as a direct result of lack of fertilizer and high energy costs.
- Financial markets that are way above historical Price/Earnings ratios and bubbles everywhere.
- Poor economic fundamentals. Budget deficits galore. Too many people retiring vs entering the work force.
- Governmental leaders that are deeply unserious about solving real issues.
- Autocrats with immense power that are surrounded by "Yes men".
I'm probably missing a few.

We know from previous Crisis wars and financial collapses that some random event can set the whole thing off. Killing an Arch Duke, a soldier wandering off to take a leak which resulted in comrades thinking he was killed by the enemy.

Will 8.6% inflation cause the market to crash? $7/gallon gas? Some foreign market collapsing?

Will an errant missile in Ukraine strike a Nato country?

Will Dictator XI just decide to invade Taiwan because his "Yes Men" tell him it's a good idea?

We don't know when the random event will occur that "starts" WW3 or a financial collapse, just that we are in a precarious position now and that any random thing can cause us to lose our balance and descend into chaos/war etc. We don't know when, just that it's close and that not being prepared will lead to more suffering.

Navigator spells out lots of good ideas in his book - recommend you purchase and read.

Best regards,
Jack

John

Post by John »

** 10-Jun-2022 World View: Is WW III close?
Jack Edwards wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:03 pm
> Guest said: WW3 is this close?

> We don't know when there will be a financial collapse or a
> situation when a large proportion of countries are at war (WW3).
> We just know that from a historical trend, we are ready to have a
> crisis war and/or a financial collapse.

> At the moment we are on the edge of a knife stability wise. Not
> only are we generationally ready to over react and not seek
> compromise, we have the following:

> - An imminent famine ready to occur as a direct result of lack of
> fertilizer and high energy costs.

> - Financial markets that are way above historical Price/Earnings
> ratios and bubbles everywhere.

> - Poor economic fundamentals. Budget deficits galore. Too many
> people retiring vs entering the work force.

> - Governmental leaders that are deeply unserious about solving
> real issues.

> - Autocrats with immense power that are surrounded by "Yes men".

> I'm probably missing a few.

> We know from previous Crisis wars and financial collapses that
> some random event can set the whole thing off. Killing an Arch
> Duke, a soldier wandering off to take a leak which resulted in
> comrades thinking he was killed by the enemy.

> Will 8.6% inflation cause the market to crash? $7/gallon gas? Some
> foreign market collapsing?

> Will an errant missile in Ukraine strike a Nato country?

> Will Dictator XI just decide to invade Taiwan because his "Yes
> Men" tell him it's a good idea?

> We don't know when the random event will occur that "starts" WW3
> or a financial collapse, just that we are in a precarious position
> now and that any random thing can cause us to lose our balance and
> descend into chaos/war etc. We don't know when, just that it's
> close and that not being prepared will lead to more suffering.

> Navigator spells out lots of good ideas in his book - recommend
> you purchase and read.

> Best regards, Jack
That's a really great analysis!

Jack Edwards

Post by Jack Edwards »

John said:
That's a really great analysis!
Thanks... Mostly just repeating stuff you've been saying for years John. :)

I do like the balancing analogy, we're walking on a tight rope and are generationally at a point where we over correct on everything.

Why didn't we have a generational crisis war right after 9/11? I remember personally thinking going to war was a great idea at the time (not how I feel now.. :| ). There were enough people in the world who didn't over correct - who kept us in line.

Why didn't the 2007 housing crisis sink us into a depression? There were enough people in congress and in the executive branch who listened to advisors and acted in some semblance of unity.. Hard to imagine our leaders responding with any kind of unity now.

It's the over-reactions that cause us to lose our balance. We've forgotten the virtue of compromise - in fact not being ideologically pure is a political curse word now.

One day, something will happen and we'll be mad/scared as hell about something and over-react, and off we'll topple into chaos.

Best regards,
Jack