Societal collapse

Read Navigator's book, How To Prepare For The Coming Storms,
for valuable detailed information on what what's coming.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/coming-storms-preparation
Cool Breeze

Re: Societal collapse

Post by Cool Breeze »

Guest wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:25 pm
88% of the people in Portland, Oregon say the city is moving in the wrong direction (going down the drain). That's what happens when you elect BLM reps to the city council and a leftist mayor. How do you like living in hell? From being the most livable city in America in 2019 to the murder capital of the Pacific Northwest today. (Slow clap)

My family is from Oregon and my sister still owns a house the most expensive area in Portland (but no loner lives in it). My sister is the only leftist in the family, and she refuses to admit that BLM is a problem. She still blames Trump for everything. She can't explain why (because its BS anyway) but she refuses to admit how wrong she is. She has a rich husband, so she fled Portland with him. She could afford to bail out, most can't.

I am absolutely convinced that law and order will never return to the United States. Trump was our last chance. Only foreign historians will write that in the future...
Order may return for the short term, but law probably not (in the way we know it). Trump's surprise did set off a chain of events that made some longshot return to X (the hope for people) possible, but it doesn't change the fact that the culture has been degraded and is pretty much irreparably harmed. Why? The government got bigger than it was ever supposed to be, so the only way things really change is that it dissolves largely and states rights come back. But that pretty much means balkanization anyway, so we're talking about a new reality regardless ...

Navigator

Re: death of Roe v. Wade

Post by Navigator »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:27 pm
This seems like the most appropriate thread to celebrate the demise of Roe v. Wade. Whatever your thoughts on the morality of abortion, only a moron could believe that the Constitution includes a right to it, as explained eloquently by Justice Alito. Returning this matter to the States represents an enormous return to the rule of law, as defined in the Constitution. Deference to stare decisis is a valid legal principle, unless the original decision was dead wrong, which it was in Roe.
We have all been dealing with the effects of "legislation from the bench" for decades. All kinds of stuff that the Constitution says NOTHING about was found by judges at all levels to be a "Constitutional Right". Let alone all the left wing decisions that took precedence over what Congress and State Legislatures were doing, which was NEVER the intent of judicial review.

Now, for the first time, liberal policies are being found to be unconstitutional/illegal. And the Left is having a melt-down, and says democracy is broken. The reality is that it is working, finally.

What the left has always wanted is to FORCE their agenda on everyone else. Because they couldn't get legislative measures passed, they used the courts. And now that has been jeopardized.

Guest from Tx

Post by Guest from Tx »

Guest wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:25 pm
88% of the people in Portland, Oregon say the city is moving in the wrong direction (going down the drain). That's what happens when you elect BLM reps to the city council and a leftist mayor. How do you like living in hell? From being the most livable city in America in 2019 to the murder capital of the Pacific Northwest today. (Slow clap)

My family is from Oregon and my sister still owns a house the most expensive area in Portland (but no loner lives in it). My sister is the only leftist in the family, and she refuses to admit that BLM is a problem. She still blames Trump for everything. She can't explain why (because its BS anyway) but she refuses to admit how wrong she is. She has a rich husband, so she fled Portland with him. She could afford to bail out, most can't.

I am absolutely convinced that law and order will never return to the United States. Trump was our last chance. Only foreign historians will write that in the future...
This Far-Left Activist Was Too Woke for Minneapolis—But Not Obama’s Foundation
Former president hires one-term city council member who was ousted for supporting defund police initiative
https://freebeacon.com/democrats/this- ... oundation/

Can Obama get any more two-faced?

Sure he could...

Post by Guest »

Pelosi receives Communion in Vatican despite abortion stance
Pelosi’s home archbishop has said he will no longer allow her to receive the sacrament in his archdiocese because of her support for abortion rights.

Pope Francis continues to undermine the Catholic Church. I am not Catholic, so this doesn't affect me personally, but it shows how deranged this Latino Pope really is.

I hope the Catholic Church implodes under its own hypocrisy.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/2 ... n-00043098

spottybrowncow

Why to NEVER get a CCW

Post by spottybrowncow »

I tell conservative friends I will never get a concealed carry permit, and they look at me funny.
A few years ago a NY state news outlet got CCW names and personal info through FOIA, and published it.
Now the CA attorney general has gone much further, even publishing info on judges:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gun-ri ... uld-resign

I live in a very red state, so normal people tend to feel safer here. However, as the leftists grow more proficient at stealing elections, I anticipate we'll see more and more of this type thing. If/when they finally feel confident enough to start confiscating guns, the CCW permit holders are the low-hanging fruit. They'll methodically work their way through the list, sending a SWAT team to every address.

Just be discreet with your weapon, as you should be anyway, and forgo the permit. Might be OK to take the class for information, but don't take the test at the end.

Re: Why to NEVER get a CCW

Post by Guest »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:21 pm
I tell conservative friends I will never get a concealed carry permit, and they look at me funny.
A few years ago a NY state news outlet got CCW names and personal info through FOIA, and published it.
Now the CA attorney general has gone much further, even publishing info on judges:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gun-ri ... uld-resign

I live in a very red state, so normal people tend to feel safer here. However, as the leftists grow more proficient at stealing elections, I anticipate we'll see more and more of this type thing. If/when they finally feel confident enough to start confiscating guns, the CCW permit holders are the low-hanging fruit. They'll methodically work their way through the list, sending a SWAT team to every address.

Just be discreet with your weapon, as you should be anyway, and forgo the permit. Might be OK to take the class for information, but don't take the test at the end.
Just like when the Bolsheviks seized power in Russia.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:17 pm
Pelosi’s home archbishop has said he will no longer allow her to receive the sacrament in his archdiocese because of her support for abortion rights.

Pope Francis continues to undermine the Catholic Church. I am not Catholic, so this doesn't affect me personally, but it shows how deranged this Latino Pope really is.

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022/06 ... at-n479677

I believe this article has a very good take on that situation. The church doesn't have a centralized list of people who are under any sort of sanction by the authorities of their home diocese. The denial of communion is not an order given to the church, it is given to the individual. The scandal here from a Catholic perspective is not that the Pope over rode Pelosi's Bishop. The real story should be that a supposedly "devout" Catholic woman traveled where she would not be recognized and took communion when she was under instruction not to.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Before Covid I was an Extraordinary Minister. My aunt a few years before had married a Lutheran. When he came up to me I refused him the chalice (I had checked with my Pastor about this situation). But previously I had seen him commune at another Extraordinary Minister.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Guest wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:36 am
Guest wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:17 pm

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022/06 ... at-n479677

I believe this article has a very good take on that situation. The church doesn't have a centralized list of people who are under any sort of sanction by the authorities of their home diocese. The denial of communion is not an order given to the church, it is given to the individual. The scandal here from a Catholic perspective is not that the Pope over rode Pelosi's Bishop. The real story should be that a supposedly "devout" Catholic woman traveled where she would not be recognized and took communion when she was under instruction not to.
St. Paul has much to say about this, but of course she wouldn't heed his word either.

Lord have mercy on all of us.

JDav

Post by JDav »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:57 am
Order may return for the short term, but law probably not (in the way we know it). Trump's surprise did set off a chain of events that made some longshot return to X (the hope for people) possible, but it doesn't change the fact that the culture has been degraded and is pretty much irreparably harmed. Why? The government got bigger than it was ever supposed to be, so the only way things really change is that it dissolves largely and states rights come back. But that pretty much means balkanization anyway, so we're talking about a new reality regardless ...
I agree. Trump was a respite, not a savior. I was hoping for a second term to better prepare for what lies ahead.

Like him or hate him, he forced those on the left to reveal their true selves. He also exposed the two-tiered level of justice in this country. Law no longer matters, only the people enforcing it.