Is geographic location by far the most important?

Read Navigator's book, How To Prepare For The Coming Storms,
for valuable detailed information on what what's coming.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/coming-storms-preparation
Bob Butler

Re: Is geographic location by far the most important?

Post by Bob Butler »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:07 pm
EVERYONE is still doing tribal thinking. No one can help it. We haven't even evolved enough in 10,000 years to manage the excess carbohydrates from farming - do you really think that human nature has changed? What you cite as revolutionary new changes in how world affairs are conducted are just another level in a video game - a game still being played by the same people. We can't escape ourselves. Not that we shouldn't try. But we are, to a large extent, still cavemen, with a lot more knowledge and toys, but cavemen, nonetheless.
The age perspective on viewing history at least made the main line, is accepted by many professionals. The turning theory has not quite made the leap. The age theory and the Information Age itself is well documented and reflects many observations in the real world.

Has everyone picked it up? Obviously not. Does everyone buy into every perspective? Again, obviously not. Still, people ought to be aware of it.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Yes, spotty is correct. It's another way of saying nature always wins and we should recognize who we are, what our frailties or predispositions are. Lefties never want to accept reality and specifically you also see this in their denial of biology, which spans vast subjects within it (male/female, sexuality, etc). In that sense they are the real science deniers, of course (more projection).

By the way tim, it was I who proposed that personality differences do in fact account, at least in part, for the collective vs personal reliance or accountability among us. And oddly enough that's mostly Eurasians, and mainly Europeans among that larger subgroup.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

[/quote]

This was discussed in another thread where I think Higgy posted how it may be due to genetic wiring. Poltics is more then just Democrat or Republican, its how a person is hardwired to perceive and process the information in their environment.
[/quote]

I wrote about this too on my website
https://www.comingstorms.com

See this article in particular after looking at the home page:
https://comingstorms.com/the-fundamental-difference/

Most conservatives view "Justice" as paramount, while most liberals view "Mercy" as more important than "Justice". Both points are actually valid.

For conservatives, what is right or wrong is, at least to them, clearly defined. For liberals, what is right or wrong kind of "depends" on the person doing the action and whether or not their motivations are in line with theirs.

The real problem becomes when one side, or the other, starts to use Force to impose its will on others.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Navi, you're making it too complex. Liberalism always leads to leftism. The slippery slope has been proven, that's why we are where we are.

Leftism has only 1 value, as Dennis Prager says, it is power. And it is not a virtue.

The eternal virtues are godly things, and when you tell the truth and care about honesty, integrity, beauty, goodness, etc you also share traditional values since these are being honest about what the world is and what humans are. Period.

Liberals and leftists don't, in these mental schema, care about virtue. They can't even define it. Their worldview rests on rebellion and hating the eternal virtues (God) because they deem the world to be unfair. What's more, they don't know where they are going nor what God is doing, so they despair. Another sin. As a result, they covet, since they have no faith in their despair.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:30 pm
Navi, you're making it too complex. Liberalism always leads to leftism. The slippery slope has been proven, that's why we are where we are.

Leftism has only 1 value, as Dennis Prager says, it is power. And it is not a virtue.

The eternal virtues are godly things, and when you tell the truth and care about honesty, integrity, beauty, goodness, etc you also share traditional values since these are being honest about what the world is and what humans are. Period.

Liberals and leftists don't, in these mental schema, care about virtue. They can't even define it. Their worldview rests on rebellion and hating the eternal virtues (God) because they deem the world to be unfair. What's more, they don't know where they are going nor what God is doing, so they despair. Another sin. As a result, they covet, since they have no faith in their despair.
I know a number of people who are Democrats and liberals who I have found to be very good people who value virtue and live the Ten Commandments. I understand where you are coming from, especially given the life styles and personal histories of many liberals, but many who profess to be conservatives also are woefully lacking in morals and integrity.

The continued degradation of morals, the abandonment of faith and God, will just result in the continued degradation of society as a whole. I see this in the lives of people all across the political spectrum.

When either side, liberal or conservative, decides upon using Force to compel others how to believe, how to think, or what to do, this is Evil. A lot of liberalism goes down this slope, with their "end" justifying (in their minds) the "means" of Force. We are seeing this in our current culture. This has to be fought against.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

I have no doubt you do; people are complex. But if they are willing allies to liberty haters, abortionists, people with marxist tendencies, etc. that is very informative about how their life is aligned or arranged. The common person these days shows you more in their love or hate of freedom than they do by anything else. Most historical democrats might think themselves nice people, and may not actively do anything, but by supporting authoritarian marxists they have led to America's downfall more than anyone else. Indifference or apathy to the Constitution or freedom is no longer an excuse.

The time to choose sides already hit us, but it is undeniable now. Choose widely and understand the people who are in the Matrix.

tim

Post by tim »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFK3DJ7Kn6s
In the mid-17th century, the leader of Russia’s Orthodox Church, Patriarch Nikon, introduced radical reforms in Russia. Many couldn’t accept the changes and became known as “Old Believers”. To avoid religious persecution first from the Orthodox Church and then from the Soviets, families fled to some of the most remote corners of the world. In 1978, one such family was discovered by a group of geologists in the remote Russian Republic of Khakassia, Siberia. The Lykovs looked as if they belonged to a previous century: they dressed in homespun clothes and used primitive instruments in their everyday life. They were completely self-sufficient and still highly religious.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/ ... i-7354256/
For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of World War II
In 1978, Soviet geologists prospecting in the wilds of Siberia discovered a family of six, lost in the taiga
It was an astounding discovery. The mountain was more than 150 miles from the nearest settlement, in a spot that had never been explored. The Soviet authorities had no records of anyone living in the district.
“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; - Exodus 20:5

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

I lost my job in the Great Recession. I was born in 1958 and am a little autistic, and my college tract courses were not the most practical in my life (astronomy and then computers, which I turn out to be unsuitable for), so I was essentially unemployable. My move to Twinsburg was to live near my aunt, as I need some assistance in managing my affairs. If I had gone somewhere to survive WWIII God only knows what my life would be like now, if I would even still be alive.
As for geography Twinsburg is halfway between Cleveland and Akron and far enough away from each that I would survive their nuking unless I am very unlucky. That should give me time to make my peace with God before I die.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

mooreupp

Post by mooreupp »

Navigator, what is your book?

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

The book discusses how to prepare for the disasters that are coming.

Here is the outline:
How to Prepare for Coming Storms

Disclaimer
Background
1. What’s Coming and Why
a. Economic Disaster
b. Disease
c. Political Instability
d. Wars
i. Minor
ii. Major
e. Natural Disasters