Clarkmod

Re: Polyticks: Bob Butler's Perspective

Post by Clarkmod »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:21 pm
FullMoon wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:22 am
Why I don't read BB's posts:
They're apparently meant to trigger the good, righteous and dignified people still in existence into joining his hatred of said values. It's the tactic of a troll. This is why we have a dedicated section for his babbling. It is a distraction from important and critical issues and has proven decidedly unfruitful except to further expose Leftists for what they really are; their chaos and destruction are threatening the last bastion of freedom in this world. Enemies internal and external
Full Moon has him figured out, and I have been pointing out similar things for years. This person is not worth dealing with, as you will not only have your time wasted (best case scenario), you may possibly be disarmed and led astray in any quest for truth.

Clarkmod

Post by Clarkmod »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:28 pm
I asked John if this site incorporated functionality to hide certain user's posts, but he said to his knowledge it did not, and to just ignore them, if possible. There are so many intelligent, carefully-reasoned, soul-searching, learned posts from people all over the world on this site to potentially learn from, but the voluminous garbage from one source raises the noise floor here to levels that are ..... unfortunate. Really a shame.

Clarkmod

Post by Clarkmod »

Bob Butler wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:36 pm
spottybrowncow wrote:
I asked John if this site incorporated functionality to hide certain user's posts, but he said to his knowledge it did not, and to just ignore them, if possible. There are so many intelligent, carefully-reasoned, soul-searching, learned posts from people all over the world on this site to potentially learn from, but the voluminous garbage from one source raises the noise floor here to levels that are ..... unfortunate. Really a shame.
There actually is a friends / foes section of the user command post. It does allow you to have certain people not show. I was just looking at it today, and was considering it for a few people.

Clarkmod

Post by Clarkmod »

Dickie doo wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:50 pm
Bob Butler wrote:
spottybrowncow wrote:
There actually is a friends / foes section of the user command post. It does allow you to have certain people not show. I was just looking at it today, and was considering it for a few people.
Then do it on yourself please…

Clarkmod

Post by Clarkmod »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:09 pm
I wasn't aware of this feature and can confirm that it works, as shown. If another user quotes the user who is on your foes list, the quote will be seen.

Clarkmod

Post by Clarkmod »

Guest wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:27 pm
Dickie doo wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:50 pm
Bob Butler wrote:

Then do it on yourself please…
I stopped reading Butler's posts a few months ago. He babbles incoherently and takes way to long to complete a thought.

Clarkmod

Post by Clarkmod »

Bob Butler wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:20 am
Guest wrote:
I stopped reading Butler's posts a few months ago. He babbles incoherently and takes way to long to complete a thought.
It really is odd that some people have trouble understanding what they don’t want to be true. I knew people defended their own mindset, but the inability to see another’s point of view? No wonder an Atlanta or Hiroshima sort of event is needed to change a culture. That much force is needed to penetrate a thick skull. Could it be a difference between trying to understand history and needing to prove one's politics is right?

Clarkmod

Post by Clarkmod »

thomasglee wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:15 am
Bob Butler wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:20 am
Guest wrote:
It really is odd that some people have trouble understanding what they don’t want to be true. I knew people defended their own mindset, but the inability to see another’s point of view? No wonder an Atlanta or Hiroshima sort of event is needed to change a culture. That much force is needed to penetrate a thick skull. Could it be a difference between trying to understand history and needing to prove one's politics is right?
The problem people have with you is that you *think* you’re never wrong and you’re often narcissistic about it. You really should examine yourself.

Clarkmod

Post by Clarkmod »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:42 am
spottybrowncow wrote:
My bugaboo is aeden.
Thanks for telling me about foes. He is my first.
While I disagree with BB about Right To Life, he is not a troll. I am considered a troll by many on the Artic Sea Ice Forum because of my pro-life views, for example.

Clarkmod

Post by Clarkmod »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:14 am
Tom Mazanec wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:42 am
spottybrowncow wrote:
My bugaboo is aeden.
Thanks for telling me about foes. He is my first.
While I disagree with BB about Right To Life, he is not a troll. I am considered a troll by many on the Artic Sea Ice Forum because of my pro-life views, for example.
He's worse than a troll, in reality. It wasn't the right word but served the purpose for the time being for FullMoon.