Polyticks: Bob Butler's Perspective

An alternate home for the community from the legacy Fourth Turning Forum
Tom Mazanec

Re: Polyticks: Bob Butler's Perspective

Post by Tom Mazanec »

My cousin just said he hopes Biden lives out his term because the VP is much worse.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:49 pm
My cousin just said he hopes Biden lives out his term because the VP is much worse.
I have seen much the same perspective. Alas, you go after the women's and minority vote, and some people will find an excuse to oppose the person. You just have to remember that women and minorities vote.

Bob Butler

Worldviews

Post by Bob Butler »

John wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:49 pm
Where did I rewrite history?
Hmm. The short answer is covered above, which is a problem. You didn’t understand the above posts. Jefferson Davis led the rural racist faction in his insurrection. Donald Trump led the rural racist faction in his. Somewhere between the two, the parties clearly switched positions on the question of race. I pointed out when. Then again, I have pointed this out many times and you have been incapable of verifying it and learning every time.

I could expand using my various “Liar John” posts. Above each, you have disregarded history, rewritten it to avoid discrediting your worldview or to disparage conflicting worldviews.

Which makes me want to concentrate on what a worldview is. While there are more than three types of worldview, I will concentrate on three: religious, political and scientific. I have ‘debated’ with folks who advocated all three.

The classic examples might include fundamental evangelism and the belief that the Bible is literally true. This should be put into question if the Bible contradicts itself, which it of course does. It reflects the evolution of Jewish culture and early Christianity. The Jews grew in that time. Of course their older philosophies contradicted the newer. And yet, the evangelicals cherry picked among the contradictory ideas to justify what they wanted to believe. Any contradiction is ignored and disregarded.

Given a theory of how things supposedly are, they will defend the theory and disregard facts which contradict the theory.

A political example might be Communism. The theory establishes certain classes will vie against each other, but does not predict that the revolutionaries will male the Communist Party a new elite class. I repeatedly pointed out that Communism would remain an obscure obsolete theory if that flaw is not addressed. The response was to repeat the theory louder, to disregard an historically demonstrable trend. Repeating the worldview louder is somehow a replacement for paying attention to the facts and updating the theory. As long as this is the case, the theory remains anathema.

Again, if the facts contradict the theory, you defend the theory and disregard any facts that get in the way.

Scientific worldview? If the theory contradicts the facts you label the theory questionable and look intensely at the facts that disprove the theory. How better to come up with a new theory? The distinction between the scientific approach and the religious or political is in clinging to a theory or perspective when a contradiction arises rather than developing a new theory.

Thus, this remains a propaganda site. It exists to perpetuate an existing theory rather than investigate history. I am not sure how this can be corrected. Humans cling to existing perspectives rather than updating them. Facts which contradict an existing perspective are ignored. In any given crisis, you find a conservative faction that does not want to correct the problem that brought about the crisis in the first place. As a result, the stay the same faction, offering no solution to the problem, seems to lose. Don’t cure Covid? Don’t check systematic racism? Don’t respect the environment. Let the bridges fall? To some degree you can recognize a desire for independence and acknowledge that the problems are more clearly visible in urban areas. Still, you aren’t going to come out ahead in a crisis by ignoring the problems of the crisis.

Jefferson Davis’s insurrection involved the Democratic Party, the rural racist faction, bullets, and rebelling against the United States constitution. Donald Trump’s insurrection involved the Republican Party, the rural racist faction, lies, and rebelling against the United States constitution. If you cannot recognized that the parties changed policies over the centuries, you have a problem.
Last edited by Bob Butler on Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bob Butler

Liar John

Post by Bob Butler »

John wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:36 pm
You can see that no "Big Switch" has taken place just by opening your eyes and looking. There are thousands of blacks being massacred in Democrat-governed cities. That's exactly what the Democrats did last century through the KKK.

On top of that, Joe Biden has been a full-on racist and white supremacist his whole life, and Hunter Biden is just a plain full-on racial bigot.

This isn't rocket science. It's perfectly obvious.
The obvious is that if you are oppressed and murdered, you vote not to be. That is why the big cities are predominantly Democratic. It does not prevent rural racists from traveling into the city and committing violence.

It has only somewhat slowed down the murderous black cops. Since the George Floyd protests in the summer of 2020, I'm assuming the media would make a brouhaha out of anything that could be blamed on bad cop racism, yet it has not been reported on heavily. I've been assuming the bad cops have learned a bit, are at least laying low for a time. The prediction would be the opposite of the Gilded Age KKK time. Today, the minorities vote Democratic, which they did not back then.

And you again demonstrate in inability to recognize that the rural racists have switched parties.

Liar.

John

Post by John »

** 08-Oct-2021 World View: Mass slaughter of blacks in Democrat-run cities
John wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:36 pm
> You can see that no "Big Switch" has taken place just by opening
> your eyes and looking. There are thousands of blacks being
> massacred in Democrat-governed cities. That's exactly what the
> Democrats did last century through the KKK.

> On top of that, Joe Biden has been a full-on racist and white
> supremacist his whole life, and Hunter Biden is just a plain
> full-on racial bigot.

> This isn't rocket science. It's perfectly obvious.
Bob Butler wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:18 pm

> The obvious is that if you are oppressed and murdered, you vote
> not to be. That is why the big cities are predominantly
> Democratic. It does not prevent rural racists from traveling into
> the city and committing violence.

> It has only somewhat slowed down the murderous black cops. Since
> the George Floyd protests in the summer of 2020, I'm assuming the
> media would make a brouhaha out of anything that could be blamed
> on bad cop racism, yet it has not been reported on heavily. I've
> been assuming the bad cops have learned a bit, are at least laying
> low for a time. The prediction would be the opposite of the
> Gilded Age KKK time. Today, the minorities vote Democratic, which
> they did not back then.

> And you again demonstrate in inability to recognize that the rural
> racists have switched parties.

> Liar.

Are you crazy? Are you really claiming that rural people are leaving
their farms and traveling to Chicago to kill some blacks, and
then returning to their farms? I realize that you're a racist,
a white supremacist and a fanatic, but this goes too far even
for you.

No the blacks in Democrat-run cities are killing each other, because
they have no fathers, and the reason that they have no fathers is that
Democrats have flooded black mothers with welfare payments, and then
threatening to withdraw them unless the black mothers do as they're
told and get rid of their kids' fathers.

In Democrat-run cities, the Democrats are using a massive influx of
welfare payments as an addictive drug to keep black mothers in line,
just as they use a massive influx of fentanyl from the southern border
to keep black males in line. So black teens have no fathers and are
surrounded by fentanyl junkies, and they resort to killing each other.

Your fantasy explanation that "racists" are leaving their farms and
traveling to Chicago to kill a few blacks, and then travel back to
their farms is so utterly ridiculous that it completely qualifies you
as the "Baghdad Bob" (Butler) of the year.

Here are the statistics for Chicago so far this year:

• HeyJackass.com: Mass slaughter of blacks so far this year

And no, those 3665 shootings were not caused by racist farmers leaving
their farms to travel to Chicago and kill a few blacks. Almost all of
those shootings were by teen blacks without fathers killing other teen
blacks.

Baghdad Bob Butler

Bob Butler

Liar John

Post by Bob Butler »

John wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:30 pm
Are you crazy? Are you really claiming that rural people are leaving their farms and traveling to Chicago to kill some blacks, and then returning to their farms? I realize that you're a racist, a white supremacist and a fanatic, but this goes too far even for you.
I didn't mention Chicago. That is one of your lies. I did not claim there was no big city drug problem. That is another. Name one black person I have acted against? I'll wager that you can't, another one of your lies, making a claim without evidence and being ready to insult without basis. Any time you want to propagandize, you make up stuff with no evidence.

Rural folks traveling to the city to make trouble was a problem in Portland much more than Chicago. I was mostly thinking of rural folks driving around in pickup trucks shooting paintballs into protesting crowds in 2020.

Chicago? I did a google on 'Chicago bad cop' and wound up with the following article. https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... orm-318955 While I do not doubt they have a drug problem leading to turf fights and black on black violence, they also have more than their share of bad cops. While the government is willing to attack the problem, it is not an easy problem.

Fanatic? I will advocate for an accurate depiction of history. This makes me respect truth rather than propaganda. That I am stubborn about it may make me a fanatic, but does not define me as one. The lies and propaganda that cannot be defended or supported that you deal with is a surer sign.

Are you willing to admit yet that Jefferson Davis and Donald Trump led rural racist factions, that the parties switched position over the centuries? I note while you created irrelevant and false allegations, you did not respond by defending your lies. You just created more lies.

Post by Guest »

What John is saying is that the leftist policies you support have led to the disasters in the inner cities. I agree. Bob, you share the same insanity that the average liberal does.

Bob Butler

Liar John

Post by Bob Butler »

Guest wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:19 pm
What John is saying is that the leftist policies you support have led to the disasters in the inner cities. I agree. Bob, you share the same insanity that the average liberal does.
Which policies do you think lead to disasters? Above he complains about black on black crime which is mostly drug turf fights or funding drug habits. John lies about me supporting drug use, which I do not support. Meaningful exchange would require that he stop misrepresenting my position.

I do oppose about bad cops existing in spite of attempts at due process by the elected government. Bad cops do exist as the article I linked to supports and I have indeed advocated.

Which leftist policies do you oppose and think I support and where do I supposedly support them? John repeatedly alleges that I support things when I don't, lying as he cannot defend what he claims, distracting from his earlier lies. As above, instead of defending what he claims he makes up new lies.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

DaKardii wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:40 pm
John wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:06 pm
Guest wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:34 am
Sometimes you just have to walk away. Just walk away. America is over. It's time to walk away.
So I assume that you're a fanatic and a member of the Chinese
Communist Party. You have no credibility.
He may well be a CCP troll, but he may well not be.

Either way, I understand why some people on here feel it's time to walk away. I don't agree with them on that, but I understand why they feel that way.

I prefer to take a middle position. Hate the political establishment but love the country. And still defend the country in the event of war.
In a crisis, values change significantly. The culture changes, grows. No kings, slaves or isolationism. If one is committed to the old values, one is apt to shun the new values or give up and go away.

After the Revolution, many left for Canada. After the US Civil War, those who practiced slavery had to adjust. It is natural that those who cling to the old values will see that America has moved on and want either leave or work out a way to survive in the new culture. Going to the middle of nowhere and having as little to do with the new culture as possible is a valid response given how hard it is for humans to change values. As I have said often enough though, the old values will fade and are forgotten.

But I don's see either desire as linked to the CCP. Either alternative happened throughout history, with or without the CCP.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Bob Butler wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:37 pm
In a crisis, values change significantly. The culture changes, grows. No kings, slaves or isolationism. If one is committed to the old values, one is apt to shun the new values or give up and go away.

After the Revolution, many left for Canada. After the US Civil War, those who practiced slavery had to adjust. It is natural that those who cling to the old values will see that America has moved on and want either leave or work out a way to survive in the new culture. Going to the middle of nowhere and having as little to do with the new culture as possible is a valid response given how hard it is for humans to change values. As I have said often enough though, the old values will fade and are forgotten.

But I don's see either desire as linked to the CCP. Either alternative happened throughout history, with or without the CCP.
What do you consider to be the "old values" this time around?