Polyticks: Bob Butler's Perspective

An alternate home for the community from the legacy Fourth Turning Forum
Cool Breeze

Re: Polyticks: Bob Butler's Perspective

Post by Cool Breeze »

Can we just throw all the bishes to the wolves that would love to kill them so much? It would stop all the self hating nonsense they've promoted over the years, and all the racism of blacks against whites. Even Scott Adams recently dished on how nothing he did was ever good enough, and how just staying away from blacks is obviously the better option. He pointed to a Rasmussen poll where almost 50% of blacks couldn't say that "it's okay to be white."

If you want to throw up yet again, ask bish how he defends that statement, yet still calls whites racist.

Post by Guest »

Bob Butler wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:48 am
Guest wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:53 am
All the BLM crime spree did was make America a lawless and dangerous place.
Well, the March 2021 treaty the government was seeking to violate was with a Native American tribe. It wasn’t a BLM centered incident.

It seems to me there has been some dip in race related murders of blacks by bad cops. Mind you it seems to have increased with the spree killers and against other minorities. But it seems that in encouraging the expression of racial animosity by white supremacists, Trump is responsible for the recent surge of America being ‘a lawless and dangerous place’. BLM has faded from dominance since it became obvious that the Republicans were blocking federal police and voting reform. Spree killers, racist and not, are dominating the violence these days, not BLM. Jan 6 has put politics and democracy on center stage, at least on the surface.

I am vaguely hoping Trump’s legal woes and McCarthy’s antics in the House will peak the US crisis with the 2024 elections. I don’t know. Spree killing has become part of the culture.
Was the black gunman at MSU in Michigan part of your theory?

Bob Butler

Spree Killing Common

Post by Bob Butler »

Guest wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:52 am
Yes. Spree killing of any flavor has been more common lately. If it turns out that he targeted only specific individuals for 'rational' reasons, it would fit much less. In which case it would not be a clear spree killing.

thomasglee

Re: Spree Killing Common

Post by thomasglee »

Bob Butler wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:31 pm
Guest wrote:
Yes. Spree killing of any flavor has been more common lately. If it turns out that he targeted only specific individuals for 'rational' reasons, it would fit much less. In which case it would not be a clear spree killing.
"rational" murder. Now I've heard it all.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

Bob Butler

Rational Murder

Post by Bob Butler »

thomasglee wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:58 pm
Bob Butler wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:31 pm
Guest wrote:
"rational" murder. Now I've heard it all.
Yah. How would you differentiate between spree and the old style killing? If one sympathizes with Generational Dynamics, man has an instinct to hate, oppress and kill those who are different. That used to be beneficial to the individual, allowing one to spread his gene pool. It benefited the group and forced the species to become deadlier. This is... rational? To kill minorities? To hate and subdue enemies? To spree kill a group that has little in common save they are an easy target? To casually give into an ancient and deadly instinct? Even if you would rather live in peace with a people who didn't yield to violent temptation?

Rational seemed like the wrong word enough to put it in quotes, but what would be more descriptive? If you were writing a law to give extra punishment to those who yielded to Generational Dynamics type instincts, what criteria would you set to trigger additional punishment?

Examples might include... "But he was selling drugs on my turf!" "The sex show they were enjoying implied they were lesbians and other sexual deviants! Of course I opened up with my assault rifle!" "But he is Ukranian! Of course it's all right." "She's my wife. He's not hers. Of course I killed them."

Bob Butler

Dominion v Fox

Post by Bob Butler »

Of late, MSNBC has been airing common Dominion v Fox segments. Did Fox knowingly lie to their audience about the Big Lie? One bit of under oath testimony - a Murdoch quote often repeated - is that it wasn’t about red and blue, but about green. Basically, if Fox tried to tell their audience what they didn’t want to hear, their ratings dropped. People would go to other news sources. Therefore, Fox repeated what their audience wanted to hear. That kept their ratings high, thus their advertising rates high, thus their stock prices high. Thus, Murdoch tried to sell the repeat of the Big Lie as not malice towards Dominion, but based on the profit motive.

Meanwhile the Fox hosts busily exchanged emails about their own disbelief about what people like Giuliani, Sidney Powell and the pillow guy were saying. Dominion got that as part of discovery, majorly helping the Dominion case.

All this did not decrease the defamation of Dominion either in practice or under current law. The motive did not change the impact of the lies.

MSNBC is pushing it a little further, as you might imagine. They featured a bunch of lawyers saying Dominion has a slam dunk case. They figure if the result of Fox lies led to the insurrection, election denial and all the rest, a blue jury could set the punitive damages as higher than even Murdoch could handle.

Fox is responding by absolutely not mentioning the Dominion case on the air. I guess saying nothing is better than lying, but their party line is not to keep their audience informed. It is only the blue audience that is being kept up to date on the case. If the verdict matches how MSNBC projects, a red audience would be ignorant of what is going on while the blue would be fully briefed on what to expect.

I am not sure what is coming, but I expect it will significantly shock the red system and help the ‘anyone but Trump in 2024’ movement.

John

Post by John »

Wednesday, March 01, 2023

Fox's legal department has directed all
anchors not to report on the Dominion
court case. That directive will
probably be removed once a verdict is
delivered, either way.

By the way, I watched a fair amount of
the Dominion v Fox coverage on CNN, and
it was extremely vitriolic and over the
top. All I can say is that even with
Stelter gone, they REALLY hate Fox News.

Bob Butler

Dominion v Fox

Post by Bob Butler »

John wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:19 pm
By the way, I watched a fair amount of the Dominion v Fox coverage on CNN, and it was extremely vitriolic and over the top. All I can say is that even with Stelter gone, they REALLY hate Fox News.
Understatement?

Bob Butler

Vitriolic and Over the Top

Post by Bob Butler »

John wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:19 pm
By the way, I watched a fair amount of the Dominion v Fox coverage on CNN, and it was extremely vitriolic and over the top. All I can say is that even with Stelter gone, they REALLY hate Fox News.
Hmm. I feel I should elaborate a bit more. Part of the big lie was Trump's desire to remain in power. Part of it was prejudice, the desire for racists groups like the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers to have a sympathetic president, to keep their ideas in the open on the surface. Now it turns out part of it is green, not red and blue, the desire for a few people heavily invested in Fox to profit. Then too, a lot of the Fox audience was just gullible, believing or encouraging the lies.

Everything, the insurrection, the false electors, the election denial, the bigotry, the police killed and hurt on January 6 itself, was entirely ill motivated. To think people would encourage that sort of thing out of greed is... is...

Well, from the blue perspective, you might have used italics and underline on 'REALLY'. Can you go rationally and logically over the top?

John

Post by John »

Thursday, March 02, 2023

CNN's hysterical, vitriolic, over the
top hatred of Fox News has nothing to do
with any of those fake news issues. The
hatred is not red or blue. It's green.
CNN is off the rails because Fox's
ratings are so much higher than CNN's.