Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

FullMoon

Re: Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

Post by FullMoon »

tim wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:24 am
I'm interested in this thread and your perspective. Looking forward to reading more.
I agree. This is an interesting thread and I hope to contribute when time permits.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

FullMoon wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:49 pm
tim wrote:
I'm interested in this thread and your perspective. Looking forward to reading more.
I agree. This is an interesting thread and I hope to contribute when time permits.
That would be good. The contributions from both of you guys would be welcome.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Guest wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:35 am
What about ethnostaes being formed after the collapses in North America and Europe?
I fear we won't have enough time for that, but it is possible. It's clear that the elites wanted multiculturalism to divide and conquer, proving also that the Eurasians, and mostly Europeans, are their biggest threat. That's they they are the most clearly targeted and the brunt end of the debasement so fewer children will be born to them.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Guest wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:35 am
What about ethnostates being formed after the collapses in North America and Europe?
I addressed something like that in 2011 but since I addressed it my belief is that things have deteriorated quite a lot because the leadership has essentially blocked any avenues for forward progress, as reading the relevant sections of this post and comparing to more recent posts would indicate:
Higgenbotham wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:02 pm
Perhaps collapse can be better thought of as reconfiguration of political and social systems for the purpose of conforming to present and future conditions. I've heard it said that if the Dark Ages hadn't occurred, humans would be traveling the galaxy by now. I disagree. If the Dark Ages hadn't occurred, the existing political and social systems would have been unable to accommodate the new technologies, the system would have failed in a manner far worse than the Dark Ages collapse, and the surviving humans may have been set back to hunting and gathering. Important work went on during those 5 or 10 centuries.

It seems likely to me that the new technologies that are presenting themselves are perhaps one order of magnitude less differentiated from the agrarian Roman model versus the industrial nation-state model. The nation-state can probably survive in some form with adaptations and it may take 50 to 100 years to fully reconfigure it. I think some of the adaptations will need to be in the area I discussed where within the nation-state there will appear differing venues that are tailored to the particular needs of local population groups. A lot of movement will take place as each individual finds their appropriate place. Nobody in the US can currently agree on anything and the current political model doesn't serve hardly any ordinary citizen's needs. Rather than fighting another Civil War, the new technologies give the option of organizing "market-states" within the nation-state model. People can make choices among various models with regard to taxes, monetary policy, social policy or what have you and move into locations to be among those who agree with them. In addition to functioning as a political model, the "market-states" would double as an ideal economic model. There would remain many areas the nation-state model would have jurisdiction over.

There's a point I should add on here that I think is important. One social aspect that probably contributes to collapse and the need for a Dark Age is the ethnic hatreds that build up over time. I don't know if we've reached a limit there. When the world came out of the Dark Ages enough time had elapsed where everyone had forgotten what a Goth, Visigoth, Roman, Angle, Frank, Lombard, Saxon, Jute or any of the other tribes were and the world could move forward with a clean slate. The world is reaching a point where any small group who holds a grudge has the technological means to act on it. Part the need for diffuse specialized living arrangements is the fact that, in order to prevent terrorism disruption, it will be necessary to make the system more diffuse and less vulnerable to attack. It may take a couple more terrorist attacks in major cities during a crisis era to get that hammered home.
But I think reading this post and then taking into account what has happened in the past 11 years would provide the answer to your question.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

:roll:
tim wrote:
https://youtu.be/HgczOG2c7lU

Tim, this is a fairly well known thinker arguing a point about the pandemic vaccines that I've seen you post about. I've shared your skepticism from the beginning merely because it was based upon lying to the public about possible long term effects to get them to do it immediately. There was just too much shady stuff and lying me to acquiesce.
Higg, what's your perspective on this issue?

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:14 pm
Guest wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:22 am
Higgenbotham wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:34 pm

I haven't yet found myself wishing I was never born, but believe that is coming. I'm sure you will be in my thoughts when it does.
In the spring of 2000, after escaping the siege of Grozny, and then Chechnya (a country whose independence was now gone), I found myself in Nazran, being aggressively pursued by the Russian army, GRU, and FSB. I will never forget standing on a slope at the edge of Nazran and looking at a large bird in the sky. How I wished I could be that bird. And I remember wishing that I had never been born. The feeling, that feeling, is horrible. Words cannot describe it. Wishing that you have never been born is an absolute nightmare, the blackest of all thoughts. I would rather die than feel that way again. To really wish that you had never been born is also a feeling you will never forget. And a feeling you never want to experience.
Thank you, Guest. I am making my comment over here because it relates less to abortion than the comments you and other posters have made.

There were two experiences I have had in my life, and only two, that I have described as passing through a veil. Both involved death and birth. The first was the death of my first parent and the second was the birth of my first child. After both experiences, I can clearly recall going back to my normal routine and being consciously aware that somehow the world and my place in it had irrevocably changed. Through that, I've come to think that humans are covered with many veils and it is through coming face to face with birth and death that those veils are lifted. Facing your own death is as close as it can come and I can imagine how your world was irrevocably changed when this happened.

Collectively speaking, it may be the experiences of many people coming face to face with their own deaths during a crisis era that is the only way veils that are covering a society can be passed through.
I think it's has something to do with the prevalence of death. But we see societies currently facing such conditions as the norm.
Maybe it's the actual death of a way of living and thinking. A necessary ending of social conditions which have created the conditions leading up to and during the crisis, before regeneracy. An untenable condition which builds up pressure until it deflates rapidly. To a much lower level from which it can begin again with the pressure buildup.
I can't imagine that the survivors of the Hell we're entering would collectively allow what we're seeing currently to continue after the regeneracy and resolution. For they will have learned that it destroys society and will have come face to face with this fact.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

FullMoon wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:47 pm
:roll:
tim wrote:

Tim, this is a fairly well known thinker arguing a point about the pandemic vaccines that I've seen you post about. I've shared your skepticism from the beginning merely because it was based upon lying to the public about possible long term effects to get them to do it immediately. There was just too much shady stuff and lying me to acquiesce.
Higg, what's your perspective on this issue?

My perspective is first to be aware of what was being said a long time before covid hit. I have referenced 2 things in passing on this topic that I can recall. One was the PNAC document where the possibility of ethnically targeted bioweapons was mentioned and the other was a Washington Post article by Joby Warrick titled "Custom Built Pathogens Raise Bioterror Fears".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/ ... d0df5e42e/
https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna14110835

From the article by Joby Warrick, published in 2006:
"The biological weapons threat is multiplying and will do so regardless of the countermeasures we try to take," said Steven M. Block, a Stanford University biophysicist and former president of the Biophysical Society. "You can't stop it, any more than you can stop the progress of mankind. You just have to hope that your collective brainpower can muster more resources than your adversaries'."

The Bush administration has acknowledged the evolving threat, and last year it appointed a panel of scientists to begin a years-long study of the problem. It also is building a large and controversial lab in Frederick, where new bioterrorism threats can be studied and tested. But overall, specific responses have been few and slow.
"There's a name for fixed defenses that can easily be outflanked: They are called Maginot lines," said Roger Brent, a California molecular biologist and former biodefense adviser to the Defense Department, referring to the elaborate but short-sighted network of border fortifications built by France after World War I to prevent future invasions by Germany.

"By themselves," Brent said, "stockpiled defenses against specific threats will be no more effective to the defense of the United States than the Maginot line was to the defense of France in 1940."
The global biotech revolution underway is more than mere genetic engineering. It is genetic engineering on hyperdrive. New scientific disciplines such as synthetic biology, practiced not only in the United States but also in new white-coat enclaves in China and Cuba, seek not to tweak biological systems but to reinvent them.
Activists are not the only ones concerned about where new technology could lead. Numerous studies by normally staid panels of scientists and security experts have also warned about the consequences of abuse. An unclassified CIA study in 2003 titled "The Darker Bioweapons Future" warned of a potential for a "class of new, more virulent biological agents engineered to attack" specific targets. "The effects of some of these engineered biological agents could be worse than any disease known to man," the study said.

It is not just the potential for exotic diseases that is causing concern. Harmless bacteria can be modified to carry genetic instructions that, once inside the body, can alter basic functions, such as immunity or hormone production, three biodefense experts with the Defense Intelligence Agency said in an influential report titled "Biotechnology: Impact on Biological Warfare and Biodefense."
Five years after the Sept. 11 attacks, the federal government budgets nearly $8 billion annually -- an 18-fold increase since 2001 -- for the defense of civilians against biological attack. Billions have been spent to develop and stockpile new drugs, most of them each tied to a single, well-known bioterrorism threat, such as anthrax.

Despite efforts to streamline the system, developing one new drug could still take up to a decade and cost hundreds of millions of dollars. If successful, the drug is a solution for just one disease threat out of a list that is rapidly expanding to include man-made varieties.

In a biological attack, waiting even a few weeks for new drugs may be disastrous, said Tara O'Toole, a physician and director of the Center for Biosecurity at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.

"We haven't yet absorbed the magnitude of this threat to national security," said O'Toole, who worries that the national commitment to biodefense is waning over time and the rise of natural threats such as pandemic flu. "It is true that pandemic flu is important, and we're not doing nearly enough, but I don't think pandemic flu could take down the United States of America. A campaign of moderate biological attacks could."
This was written almost 14 years before covid. These excerpts from the article paint a pretty clear picture that, although people in our position can't be sure, that virus probably escaped from the Wuhan lab.

It's a long road from here to determining who is right in the argument those 2 guys are having in the video, but this is the appropriate place to start in my opinion.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Regarding the video, my take was that the important issue was the actions taken by officials during the pandemic. Regardless of whether it was a bioweapon or not, the actions taken were the inverse of what should have been done. Something like what the Chinese are doing now. They're choosing not to use the vaccine technology available to them that supposedly "worked" for us. And their shutdowns are crippling.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

FullMoon wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:04 pm
Regarding the video, my take was that the important issue was the actions taken by officials during the pandemic. Regardless of whether it was a bioweapon or not, the actions taken were the inverse of what should have been done. Something like what the Chinese are doing now. They're choosing not to use the vaccine technology available to them that supposedly "worked" for us. And their shutdowns are crippling.
It's complicated. Upon release of the virus, if it was determined to be a probable bioweapon, which was my immediate take because of where it came from, and I'm assuming was the take of our intelligence agencies even if they didn't say so, it is likely to be more problematic than if it was naturally occurring. However, if it was determined to be an accidental release, the virus may not have been perfected to the point that it was maximally damaging. That could also change the response. If the timeline of my previous post were continued all the way to the point at which the release was discovered, that might give an idea of what government officials knew at a minimum at the time the release occurred. That would allow someone to have a better idea of whether the initial response was appropriate.

Guest gtpm above

Post by Guest gtpm above »

How about regular white people in America and Europe trying to survive after a collapse? Wouldn't ethno-states be a necessity?