Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

Tom Mazanec

Re: Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

Post by Tom Mazanec »

I remember when I was in high school in North Carolina in the 80s, there was a popular country song called 'A country boy can survive'. It was true then and will be even truer in the future.
That may have been true in 1980. Now I suspect even the 'country boys' are dependant on the skyscraper of cards that is our technological civilization.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Post by Guest »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:12 am
I remember when I was in high school in North Carolina in the 80s, there was a popular country song called 'A country boy can survive'. It was true then and will be even truer in the future.
That may have been true in 1980. Now I suspect even the 'country boys' are dependant on the skyscraper of cards that is our technological civilization.
You have never been to the mountains of NC, have you?

aeden

Post by aeden »

Freezer is our beef from our Trefoil since they picked it over Alfalfa.
If/then will profit no one since they sold their souls for state pottage.
In a bear market who is eaten first, then second, then third.
Trust me you are stuck in phase one or two. You will not be a factor in stasis
if it gets that bad. My mistake was not doubling down what I put in the soil.
We will go to place flowers on my Wifes Mother resting spot in the Mountains on Mothers day.
As for if/because day we will see them all.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 1691&ei=14
Like we said consent is withdrawn. They only serve darkness. Slaughter the unborn and mutilate children.

Leviathan is starving to death right before your eyes. Amos is correct and your charter is void. We care the infirm and Elderly
with what we have. You are not modern.
They do not care what you think since before you even took your first breath.
https://worldpopulationreview.com/count ... by-country
Plain to see.

https://theintercept.com/2020/01/13/bid ... -security/

You are here and the majority is evil brain dead. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4NhEURlgqk <----------------------------

For years it hasn’t been about capital reinvestment or actual growth. Wake up children.

aeden

Post by aeden »

Reality for one.

Governor blackface klansman locked us out of the care facilities, my mom starved to death because the staff could not be bothered to do more than drop a plate of food in front of her, then scrape it into the trash an hour later.
I had visited her daily for three years, bringing lunch or dinner, and it was this that gave her a tenuous connection to her life before memory care
she died, hungry, scared and alone - and she deserved much better
Someone will pay, mark my words.

Yes this is certain.

We see two generation in mud huts now if even that. Lead to a fool's reward.

Post by Guest »

aeden wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:05 am
Reality for one.

Governor blackface klansman locked us out of the care facilities, my mom starved to death because the staff could not be bothered to do more than drop a plate of food in front of her, then scrape it into the trash an hour later.
I had visited her daily for three years, bringing lunch or dinner, and it was this that gave her a tenuous connection to her life before memory care

Yes this is certain.

That's horrible. I will pray for your mother, and you too, Aeden.

My own mother died of a series strokes. It was horrible to see her heavily brain damaged. Mercifully she died a month after her first stroke. God allowed me the chance to tell her I loved her and that I wold see her later. I am blessed.

God bless America and its patriots.

aeden

Post by aeden »

This was another person.
We cared for Her Mom in Home until the end. Non covid related. Thank got on that alone.
Many did not get that Time with those facility's and State actors choices. Putting them back into facility's with covid
is still not understood or just rather ignored released from the Hosptial with a viral load into
non covid areas which just magnified the problem. The investment in education paid a dividend as the Daughter
is helping others with 7000 patients with her team members. As we noted some kids in their 30's cannot walk to
a mailbox and back without Hypoxia. All ages and many reasons from the illnesses, but yea Covid related as such also.
The intent we knew from day one was forwarded malice and stupidity for any reason.
The released in many cases had less than three years to survive when released from area Hospitals.
The emphasis on data fragility was stressed from day one as we trended cohort's values.
The delta variant almost took my Wife and we found a produced monoclonal antibody treatment from contacts.
Some a nasty head cold and some just died on the second variant. It devasted New York and Detroit as coworkers died
and their family members. Nothing will be done. Information here listed who built it what funded it and we are under the premise
no accidents exist given the data points. Accidental or malice makes no difference now did it to economic warfare.

timestamp
As we noted...
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:37 am From the front lines FU Nancy.
Yes they fell like leaves from you idiots.
As we seen in real time. Schumer: the vote is 'irrelevant'
We have some now but it’s being rationed at the moment. I have friends who work in design and are 3D printing us some n 95 and making us face shields. I will let Her know DNC principles.

Surviving Biden's Presidency

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

aeden wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:05 am
Reality for one.

Yes this is certain.

Aeden, my sympathies. How old are you roughly? How old was your mom when she passed?

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:06 pm
From a practical standpoint, there may be a market rally for a couple days, and I will look to re-establish short positions slowly as the market rises. One interesting technical aspect is that one or two of the gaps up near 4100 may not have been filled and that may happen on this coming rally.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:02 am
I did a lottery economy update in the Financial Topics Friday but haven't done one in the Dark Age Hovel for awhile.

From a cyclical standpoint, there are a few things I'm looking at, but what had my attention Friday and today was the March 12, 2003 low on the 20 year (double decennial) cycle. I don't think that will put in a significant long lasting bottom like it did in 2003 but I felt it was prudent to stand aside, especially given the news. I would like to re-establish shorts on any rally.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:34 pm
The S&P made a new high for the week this morning. The low this week was Monday morning in the first hour. Though it appears that way, it would not be reasonable to claim that it bottomed on the morning of March 13 just because of the 20 year cycle. For example, in October, the low was 4 days after the 20 year anniversary of the October 9, 2002 low. That was evidence that the cycle may be in force.

Anyway, now that the S&P has rallied 150 points off the Monday morning low, I'm getting interested in going short again. If the market is in real bad shape, it can top right here at the 0.382 retracement of the February/March decline. That would be very bearish if that were to happen. Another possibility is the crash cycle inverts and tops in another day or two. The manipulators like to play that trick and have done so many times in the past 15 years. The one thing that would lead me to believe that the manipulators have control and might be able to get a little more out of it is Amazon, Google, and Microsoft are up strongly today (about 4%) and they can use these stocks to push the average.
I'm starting a short position this morning. The S&P is at 3994. I expect the manipulators to create quite a bit of pain for shorts before the market turns down again. I want to be in the largest short position since the bear market began at wherever the top of this rally ends up being. So far this morning I've done about 1/10 of what I'd ultimately like to do.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

As everyone who follows the stock market knows, the market mover is probably going to be the Fed tomorrow. The Fed obviously has to strike a balance between controlling inflation and controlling the incipient banking crisis. It seems logical that they will try to straddle that line as best they can. As long as they do that, in theory, there may be quite a bit of market volatility tomorrow afternoon and it's possible the market goes nowhere for awhile before finding a new direction. For awhile could mean anything from hours to days but that's assuming the perception is that the Fed has straddled the line perfectly. I'm leaning toward the Fed appearing to be easy initially, followed in a few days or weeks by the market thinking "the Fed didn't do enough." I've been wrong about inflation from the standpoint that I didn't think the Fed could get more than about 5% inflation before things fell apart. Turned out they got quite a bit of inflation before things started falling apart. A lot of people have been touting the theory that, as for the past several centuries of European nations and finally the US being passed the baton as the leading power, China will assume that role next. I don't think that will happen, which implies there has been no obvious replacement for the US dollar as world reserve currency as there was in the past when, for example, the US dollar was the obvious replacement for the British pound. It seems to me that the ramifications of the coming dark age where no power will replace the leading power have perversely allowed the dollar to hang on for awhile longer as the world reserve currency and the Fed and the US political establishment to get away with more bad behavior in their management of the currency than would have been "normal" in past cycles. Now that that phase appears to be giving way, the severity of the coming financial crisis should be breathtaking.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

In the past, I've written about how mismanagement of the US economy has turned financial services, education and health care into "industries" when in fact they should be more like utilities that support real industries. There is one aspect of the fake US bubble economy that escaped my notice as to how outsized it is until recently - the pet "industry".
28+ POWERFUL PET INDUSTRY STATISTICS [2023]: TRENDS, FACTS, AND MARKET PROJECTIONS

By Abby McCain Mar. 13, 2023

ZIPPIA RESEARCH

Research Summary. As an increasing number of young people buy pets and treat them as family members, the pet industry is bigger than ever and is only expected to grow in the years to come. Here are the most powerful pet industry statistics:

The average U.S. pet owner spends $1,332 a year on their pets’ expenses.

On average, U.S. pet owners spend $687 a year on their cats and $1,201 on their dogs.

The U.S. pet industry is expected to have a CAGR of 5.3% from 2020 to 2025.

GENERAL PET INDUSTRY STATISTICS

The global pet industry is valued at $222.93 billion.

The U.S. pet industry is worth about $76.8 billion as of 2020.

The U.S. has a market share of 40% of the pet industry.

70% or 90.5 million U.S. households own at least one pet.

PET INDUSTRY STATISTICS BY TRENDS AND PROJECTIONS

U.S. pet industry expenditures have increased from $90.5 billion in 2018 to $103.6 billion in 2020.

This is an increase of $13.1 billion in just two years, and the total grew to reach $109.6 billion in 2021.
https://www.zippia.com/advice/pet-industry-statistics/

The wedding "industry" would be another one. Though aware of how stupid that one has become I haven't commented on it.

Anyway, the reason I've been thinking about the pet "industry" is I've been wondering if, once people can no longer afford to feed their pets or have pets, whether wild dogs will be a problem in the coming dark age or what will happen to these tens of millions of dogs.