Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

Higgenbotham

Re: Higgenbotham's Dark Age Hovel

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:00 pm
guest wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:08 pm
The safer areas, in my estimation, are going to be the areas where social capital remains stronger. Those are the areas with lots of red and orange on the county map of the US I linked to, which is old but still should be somewhat accurate. There will be some areas outside of that that will do OK if the government can be maintained at least on the local level and is well run (i.e. lower on the scale of corruption) but that typically goes hand in hand with the red and orange areas.
What will the red areas do about the blue mobs showing up in their towns in America after the collapse?
Higgenbotham wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:28 pm
There won't be enough fuel and supplies to run a 3-5,000 acre farm, which is the typical size of a farm in those areas.
Here's some background to that statement, as the situation existed late last year.
Already struggling, farmers face another challenge with diesel shortage
Zoë Blume/
Gaylord News
Dec. 26, 2022

As if this year hasn’t been rough enough on the agriculture community, farmers can now add “global diesel shortage” to their hardship bingo card for 2022.

Just weeks after Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt signed an executive order to continue drought relief efforts for farmers in that state, reports of what some are calling a devastating diesel shortage and the higher prices that come with it are rolling in to accompany farmers into the already harsh winter season.

“I’m harvesting soybeans that aren’t even worth harvesting right now,” Oklahoma farmer Tim Heinrich said last month.

Heinrich, who runs a 3,000-acre operation in north central Oklahoma, says a modern combine like the one he uses typically needs about 150 gallons a day to get the job done – a job that might ultimately cost him more in fuel than he will get back in sales. And the combine is just one piece of the operation affected by diesel costs.

“Most of us have diesel pickups that we use to feed cows with all winter long, all the trucks hauling the crops to and from the farm, all of our farm sprayers, our combines and our tractors,” said Heinrich, who also serves on the Garfield County Conservation District board of directors. “All of it is at the mercy of the rising cost of diesel.”
https://cronkitenews.azpbs.org/2022/12/ ... -shortage/

Another thing that can be clarified regarding that is if someone looks at the statistics on farm size, it will be seen that the average farm size in those states is smaller than 3-5,000 acres. That's because a lot of farmers retire and sell off most of their land but they still have what is considered to be a farm and a lot of farmers work at regular jobs and have smaller farms. A typical full time farming operation will be in that 3-5,000 acre range approximately and uses a lot of fuel.

There was a lot of talk about a diesel shortage late last year but it didn't materialize. The article says shortage but I think it was only in the sense of higher prices and everyone got the fuel they needed to run their operations.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

New guest

Post by New guest »

Disease and drug resistant diseases will be large factors after a collapse. STDs are all borderline untreatable now. Any day now, syphilis and gonorrhea will be incurable. I have lived in several third world countries since the 1970s, and sexual transmitted diseases are a massive public health issue. Latin America and Africa are off the charts in terms of disease. With open borders, these diseases are flooding into the United States, Canada, and Europe.

My family has several medical doctors in it, and they all tell me that this is a huge and deliberately hidden problem. Even if there is no collapse, drug resistant disease will ravage the population. This is what people should be worried about.

When I lived in Latin America, the working classes were walking STDs. I encountered (but never befriended) several western Boomers who had retired to Latin America and lived a certain lifestyle that meant they joined the ranks of the infected. The explosion of STDs in America is tied to the black and Latino populations, many of them illegals.

In the UK, one of my former co-workers went to the ER (they call it Casualty') for a hand injury, had to wait over five hours to see a doctor, and was, most likely, infected with TB in the crowded lobby. The ERs are filled with Africans and Indians and they all incurable diseases. My friend lives in a town, not a city, and he was left with TB from a hospital visit. This is the future of the West.

aeden

Post by aeden »

https://www.circle.com/en/usdc/businesses
Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank intrinsically connected.
USDC is pegged to the U.S. dollar on a 1:1 basis
as we discussed
intrinsic

Technical challenges for crypto companies as the bank operated Signet, a payments system that worked 24/7 and was used by crypto companies
for on-ramps and off-ramps. The company worked with Circle, Coinbase, OKX and others.

As we also warned h.4.1 on sweeps should of been a clue.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

The country boys will survive me by weeks. Maybe months. Yes, I admit that. But I doubt years.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Post by Guest »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:55 am
The country boys will survive me by weeks. Maybe months. Yes, I admit that. But I doubt years.
:roll:

aeden

Post by aeden »

The Bear eats the slowest bear. Phase two declines just getting started. Replanted in 2019 since uniparty fools will last even shorter than you Tom.
The debt bomb is just started on these swamp half wits. Any one with any sense knows what happens when an alleged civilization
passes 85 percent debt to gdp. All politics will be local since the swamp demsheviks can only fund over the pondzi nazi pissing on a bears
front porch. Fact is simple moscow and washington are another set of assholes with some decent people stuck with them.
The communists are firing up coal plants faster that the retards in the west cults worship da planet change or was it climate change this week.
Ziehan is the only one making sense on demographic and will be ignored. Uniparty is past a decade behind of internal ropeburn from even active measures.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

guest (note you do not have the male reproductive glands to have even a distinct handle, much less an account), the only way we will know for sure is to run the experiment. Fortunately this has not been done (as of yet).
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:34 am
Higgenbotham wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:06 pm
From a practical standpoint, there may be a market rally for a couple days, and I will look to re-establish short positions slowly as the market rises. One interesting technical aspect is that one or two of the gaps up near 4100 may not have been filled and that may happen on this coming rally.
I'm starting a short position this morning. The S&P is at 3994. I expect the manipulators to create quite a bit of pain for shorts before the market turns down again. I want to be in the largest short position since the bear market began at wherever the top of this rally ends up being. So far this morning I've done about 1/10 of what I'd ultimately like to do.
The S&P is at 4088 now, the highest it's been in 6 weeks. I added shorts this morning and am at 75% of what I'd ultimately like to do.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

aeden

Post by aeden »

Book4 @5.5% will double up when island formation is clear
The savages in the valley are brainless.
Sweeps are over. They are not paying attention so it does not matter anyways. Terminal interest rate pause will guage the market to act stupid
up to pivot like twerking traq zombies needing more demshevik stupidity.
The longer they keep the foot on its chest untill all the tiny bubbles stop inflation will not stop as the dollar recycle continues.

Trans Radical Activist Network (TRAN), took notice of the chaos in Tennessee, and used it as an opportunity to rebrand.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/foota ... 50#image=5
Tennessee ran the rabid freaks out of classrooms to protect children. The other nut just executed them. Wake up fools.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

I shorted more into the close and have my largest short position in several months.

Due to the large position, my equity also took its largest hit so far this year today.

If the market turns down, I will be holding short. My target is about 2000 on the S&P plus or minus about 500. It may take a year or two to get there or it could happen quickly, in as little as 2-3 weeks.