Tom Mazanec's Topic

As requested, this sub-forum is for partying, fun, gossip, conundrums, flirting, comedy, tragedy, or whatever.
Tom Mazanec

Re: Tom Mazanec's Topic

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Well, Cool Breeze, we will have to agree to disagree on that one. I go with the bulk of medical opinion at the time. I had my shots in April.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Even more from Charles Hugh Smith on inflation:
https://www.oftwominds.com/blogjune21/i ... y6-21.html
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:39 pm
Well, Cool Breeze, we will have to agree to disagree on that one. I go with the bulk of medical opinion at the time. I had my shots in April.
Did you read the Fauci emails? Was this really "medical opinion"? Or was it political opinion, like most things these days? It was bulky, that's for sure, and full of lies to they could make money off of you.

Just sayin'

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

CB, as I interpret it, "Tom Mazanec's Topic" is on John's predictions for 18+ years of deflation and their accuracy or lack thereof, not vaccines, race riots or any of the other stuff you can post on other parts of this forum.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Roger that.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

A look at both sides from a Millennial. Overall, he seems to favor your side, John.
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article ... rices.html

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Inflation in past month 0.93%

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Did that exceed expectations?

Most of Lacy Hunt's thesis it seems to me is long term demographics and the slowing economy making sure that purchasing slows greatly greatly due to wages not keeping up with inflation.

You're welcome, people.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

David Haggith (The Great Recession Blog) on a decade of his predictions regarding inflation and/or the lack thereof:
https://thegreatrecession.info/blog/tru ... naysayers/

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:53 am
David Haggith (The Great Recession Blog) on a decade of his predictions regarding inflation and/or the lack thereof:
https://thegreatrecession.info/blog/tru ... naysayers/
He gets clicks based on relative doomsaying, so he keeps it up, but now says he's general enough to just say bad times are coming. Oh, ok. Great, I didn't know that. Ha

I just don't know why we can't get more people around here that assign slow decade by decade degradation as the possibility, which by the way, happens to be the most likely possibility. It's sorta embarrassing but very telling if you know human nature.