Tom Mazanec's Topic

As requested, this sub-forum is for partying, fun, gossip, conundrums, flirting, comedy, tragedy, or whatever.
Higgenbotham

Re: Tom Mazanec's Topic

Post by Higgenbotham »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 12:05 pm
Ok, regarding the BTC trade, my goal isn't to tell you guys when or how to buy it. You already know I'm a HODLER. I still think various levels of buying are good, of course anything around 30k or if it dips to 20k (I don't think it will but that would be another buy of the century) should therefore be bought. The complication is that I don't know what devices you have, what tax considerations you have, how easy it is, and quite frankly, I don't care to tell people to buy something at various levels when I already told them to buy this and hold it for a decade. It's bizarre you even ask. You presume it's a trade. It can be a trade, but it's far more valuable than that. Think outside your own boxed mine on this one. There's your answer.

If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm theoretically always buying bitcoin. I find the question to be weird. You are asking a guy who spent weeks convincing you (unsuccessfully because all you do is claim its tulips or some other nonsense) that BTC is a pristine asset and then you ask him why he wasn't telling you to buy at arbitrary X valuation?

What planet are you guys are? These are just illogical statements and bizarre thinking processes. They don't make any sense. You know my position. Open your mind and eyes.

I asked why you weren't buying Bitcoin at the low of the year so far.
Higgenbotham wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 12:25 am
And why weren't you buying more Bitcoin down at $31,000?
What you or anyone else was going to do with it after buying it at $31,000 is irrelevant.

The question was why didn't you buy more down at $31,000?

Why?

Your answer implies that you would theoretically like to pay more than $31,000 but that can't possibly be the reason.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Your needling just keeps showing you are obsessed with irrelevant details.

Barely anyone bought or was able to buy at 31k, bro. It went immediately back to 38k. What do you want me to do, not sleep at all just so I can tell you I got a good price.

Stop wasting our time with these silly questions. Forget about BTC, you don't believe in it anyway, I'm sick of trying to have a reasonable dialogue with unreasonable people, so change the topic. Jeez.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 12:05 pm
Let me just address what you said in the post before this, which was interesting, and then as usual you cap it off with non sequitirs which hurt your otherwise good storytelling and post. In that preceding post, you ended with:
To think that nobody understands money velocity because they don't understand what Mish posted is a joke.
If you take time to answer certain things that you understand, and do a good job posting about them, why do you make generic and emotional comments that you don't explain? The default conclusion to anyone who is savvy is that you can't explain it, that's why. Mish showed that (as I said 3x) velocity is an after-the-fact calculation. My simple summary of no one understanding it lacks nuance, but show the point: it's a retrospective stat that is only clear in rear view, when GDP and pricing, other entities not all that well understood but can be tracked, are noted. What I'm proposing is a valuable synthesis of what Mish showed. AGAIN, you can get inflation with varying levels of "velocity" which shows you that it is not a good indicator at all. That is pretty obvious, and I'm explaining why he's right that it's a confusing topic, obviously one that has far more components than anyone understands, which is a proxy for macroeconomics in general. Yet we still have people claiming all sorts of knowledge and certainty about macro. LOL.

The point of the engineering story was twofold.

There are ways to approach topics you don't understand (such as money velocity) that you can use to increase your understanding of those topics.

Economics is a simple subject to understand in comparison to engineering, which really is difficult. Talking about money velocity and pontificating about Bitcoin is easy. Anybody can do it.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 12:35 pm
Your needling just keeps showing you are obsessed with irrelevant details.

Barely anyone bought or was able to buy at 31k, bro. It went immediately back to 38k. What do you want me to do, not sleep at all just so I can tell you I got a good price.

Stop wasting our time with these silly questions. Forget about BTC, you don't believe in it anyway, I'm sick of trying to have a reasonable dialogue with unreasonable people, so change the topic. Jeez.

Why didn't you have an order in at 31K to buy? Haven't you ever heard of GTC limit orders? Put the order in and go to sleep. Geez, how stupid are you?

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

John wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 2:51 pm
Tom Mazanec wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 12:21 pm
> Also, John, you and C. B. are calling each other liars because you
> claim he has called us "Satanists and degenerates". I don't recall
> such a post offhand, but this forum is just a sideline for
> me...it's not one of my top five (just top ten :) ). But you can
> settle this argument easily. Just post a link to the post where
> C. B. said this.
He said it this post:

viewtopic.php?p=60911#p60911

Breeze harbors bigoted hatred toward Jews and Muslims, and
appears to be a Russian troll, though he scrambles to backtrack when
he reveals it, once again making him unlike Butler.

I think this may be the reason Breeze and I are talking past each other on the topic of price.

Since I'm 1/8 Jewish, I have an innate feel for what prices to pay at any particular time.

Since Breeze doesn't have any Jewish blood in him, he just says to pay whatever and that the price you pay is irrelevant details. Jews definitely don't feel that way. Jews like to get the best prices they can get and they know how to do it.

Virtually everyone I talk to about markets is Jewish and we never get bent out of shape when discussing these topics. If a Jew asks me why I didn't buy, I tell him and vice-versa. These are normal conversations for Jews.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Check out John's line "harbors bigoted hatred"

straight out of a leftist playbook

I'm quite sure that Jews and Muslims, on average, hate me far more for no reason - that is, for no good reason.

But that's neither here nor there. I don't hate anyone, but I won't stop telling the truth about people and their beliefs. That's quite different.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 1:04 pm
John wrote:
Tom Mazanec wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 12:21 pm
> Also, John, you and C. B. are calling each other liars because you
> claim he has called us "Satanists and degenerates". I don't recall
> such a post offhand, but this forum is just a sideline for
> me...it's not one of my top five (just top ten :) ). But you can
> settle this argument easily. Just post a link to the post where
> C. B. said this.
He said it this post:

I think this may be the reason Breeze and I are talking past each other on the topic of price.

Since I'm 1/8 Jewish, I have an innate feel for what prices to pay at any particular time.

Since Breeze doesn't have any Jewish blood in him, he just says to pay whatever and that the price you pay is irrelevant details. Jews definitely don't feel that way. Jews like to get the best prices they can get and they know how to do it.

Virtually everyone I talk to about markets is Jewish and we never get bent out of shape when discussing these topics. If a Jew asks me why I didn't buy, I tell him and vice-versa. These are normal conversations for Jews.
I don't day trade because there are such things as time, effort, tax considerations, etc. to make it worth it

If you do, good on you, I don't mind.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 2:47 pm
Higgenbotham wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 1:04 pm
John wrote:

He said it this post:

I don't day trade because there are such things as time, effort, tax considerations, etc. to make it worth it

If you do, good on you, I don't mind.

Nobody said anything about day trading being required. You're a holder.

Why didn't you buy down at $31,000? And hold.

Why?

It's down 8% this morning on the China news back to about $36,500.

Why aren't you talking about where to buy?

I don't understand.

If it drops back to $31,000 will you buy? I won't because I usually don't buy the second trip down.

But let's say it breaks this week's low. I might buy for a trade.

Will you buy if it breaks this week's low? If not, why not?

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

I'm buying at 33k and lower. I'm pretty exposed and have to deal with a lot of money movement, tax considerations, etc

It's more than I want to get into, so the short answer is yes, I'm buying and buying big if it goes to 20-anything.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Back to the issue that this thread was originally about:

As another Inflation Foreshock Rattles Markets Around the World, Fed not Fazed
https://thegreatrecession.info/blog/inf ... not-fazed/
The simple truth is, as I’ve been saying for months, this high inflation was predictable months ago and is happening because too much money is chasing too few goods. The money is not there because the economy is hot. The money is not there because employment is full. The money is not there because wages are rising.

The money is there because the Fed keeps printing it, and the Federal government keeps distributing it to the unemployed (and nearly everyone else). The other thing that is there in this badly broken economy is shortages — all over the world in all kinds of materials and products.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain