Re: Cool Breeze's Topic

As requested, this sub-forum is for partying, fun, gossip, conundrums, flirting, comedy, tragedy, or whatever.

Post by Guest »

Sudanese Nuer distinguish money

Money of Cattle - Money acquired through the sale of cattle (compare to GOLD)
Money of Work - Money acquired through labor, can be used to purchase cattle (compare to SILVER)
Money of Shit - Money acquired disposing of the waste of household bucket latrines, useless for purchasing cattle (not considered sufficient for something as important as cattle) (compare to BITCOIN)

Think about it harder. What farmer is going to risk his life selling cattle for BITCOIN?

John

Post by John »

** 27-Nov-2021 World View: Responding to Guests
Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:52 pm
> The guests won't stop creating fake posts and posters, it's quite
> annoying here.
For what it's worth, I respond to each post on a transactional basis,
whether the post is by "Cool Breeze" or by a "Guest." If I'm not sure
whether two "Guests" are the same, I don't care. I can write "You
said X and a different guest said Y," and if the two guests are the
same it doesn't matter to me. Actually, I view it as their loss if
they can't be identified with their own ideas, but instead are just in
a common unidentified pool of anonymous guests. It's not what I would
want, but if some "guest" is happy with not claiming ownership of his
own idea, then it's his loss.

Post by Guest »

Cool Breeze wrote:
The guests won't stop creating fake posts and posters, it's quite annoying here.
You're annoyed because, as a troll, you want a handle so you can have a new whipping boy. Why should any "Guest" want to become your new whipping boy?

Post by Guest »

Navigator wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:53 am
Guest wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:34 pm
This board is getting wacky. :roll:

Some advice: Have your preps ready now.

Get vaccinated too.

This anti-vaxxer position is nutty.

I am fully vaccinated. I've never suffered any side effects. I'm good.
I happen to agree with all of the above. This person has probably stayed a "guest" to reduce direct attacks against themselves.

Correct!

Post by Guest »

Whoa, I had no idea. Seeing this for the first time. China banned Bitcoin on September 24?

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/chi ... 021-09-24/
China's top regulators ban crypto trading and mining, sending bitcoin tumbling

Summary

China intensifies crypto crackdown
Vows to root out "illegal" trading activity, bans mining
Bitcoin, smaller coins slump

SHANGHAI/LONDON, Sept 24 (Reuters) - China's most powerful regulators on Friday intensified a crackdown on cryptocurrencies with a blanket ban on all crypto transactions and mining, hitting bitcoin and other major coins and pressuring crypto and blockchain-related stocks.

Ten agencies, including the central bank, financial, securities and foreign exchange regulators, vowed to work together to root out "illegal" cryptocurrency activity, the first time the Beijing-based regulators have joined forces to explicitly ban all cryptocurrency-related activity.

Explainer: What's new in China's crackdown on crypto?

China in May banned financial institutions and payment companies from providing services related to cryptocurrency transactions, and issued similar bans in 2013 and 2017.

The repeated prohibitions highlight the challenge of closing loopholes and identifying bitcoin-related transactions, though banks and payment firms say they support the effort.

Friday's statement is the most detailed and expansive yet from the country's main regulators, underscoring Beijing's commitment to suffocating the Chinese crypto market.

"In the history of crypto market regulation in China, this is the most direct, most comprehensive regulatory framework involving the largest number of ministries," said Winston Ma, NYU Law School adjunct professor.

The move comes amid a global cryptocurrency crackdown as governments from Asia to the United States fret that privately operated highly volatile digital currencies could undermine their control of the financial and monetary systems, increase systemic risk, promote financial crime and hurt investors.

They also worry that "mining," the energy-intensive computing process through which bitcoin and other tokens are created, is hurting global environmental goals.

Chinese government agencies have repeatedly raised concerns that cryptocurrency speculation could disrupt the country's economic and financial order, one of Beijing's top priorities.
More at link.

Post by Guest »

I guess so, and they are serious...

https://www.wired.com/story/chinas-swee ... nevitable/
China's Sweeping Cryptocurrency Ban Was Inevitable

The decentralized technology clashes with the government’s plans for a state-dominated economy—one that includes its own digital currency.

EVERY TIME BEIJING announces a crackdown on their industry, the running joke among the crypterati is that China has already banned cryptocurrency 18 times. Chinese government agencies have issued a string of increasingly restrictive but never conclusive legal prohibitions of various aspects of crypto since 2013; all the while, China’s crypto industry has thrived. Turns out the 19th time might be the charm.

On September 24, China’s central bank and its National Development and Reform Commission issued two documents. One outlawed cryptocurrency mining following an earlier crackdown in May, and the other declared all cryptocurrency transactions illegal and all companies providing cryptocurrency trading services to Chinese citizens as engaged in illicit financial activity. Some of the usual nonplussed aplomb was deployed on crypto Twitter, but the general reaction to the ban is that this time China is serious.

“The ban is sweeping, absolute, comprehensive. It is not focused on some partial aspect,” says Jonathan Padilla, a cofounder and deputy director of Stanford University’s Future of Digital Currency Initiative, who has conducted field research at China’s central bank. “And it seems that top-level government officials are taking this on.” The authorities signing off on at least one of the two documents include the Ministry of Public Security, the Supreme People's Court, and the Supreme People's Procuratorate—suggesting that aggressive enforcement is likely.

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

John wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:35 pm
** 27-Nov-2021 World View: Responding to Guests
Cool Breeze wrote:
> The guests won't stop creating fake posts and posters, it's quite
> annoying here.
For what it's worth, I respond to each post on a transactional basis,
whether the post is by "Cool Breeze" or by a "Guest." If I'm not sure
whether two "Guests" are the same, I don't care. I can write "You
said X and a different guest said Y," and if the two guests are the
same it doesn't matter to me. Actually, I view it as their loss if
they can't be identified with their own ideas, but instead are just in
a common unidentified pool of anonymous guests. It's not what I would
want, but if some "guest" is happy with not claiming ownership of his
own idea, then it's his loss.

Oftentimes they’re not presenting any ideas and are just being obtuse and disrespectful.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

John

Post by John »

** 28-Nov-2021 World View: Being obtuse and disrespectful
thomasglee wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:25 am
> Oftentimes they’re not presenting any ideas and are just being
> obtuse and disrespectful.
So, handle "Guests" who are obtuse and disrespectful in exactly the
same way that you handle non-Guests who are obtuse and disrespectful.
There are plenty of both.

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

John wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:22 am
** 28-Nov-2021 World View: Being obtuse and disrespectful
thomasglee wrote:
> Oftentimes they’re not presenting any ideas and are just being
> obtuse and disrespectful.
So, handle "Guests" who are obtuse and disrespectful in exactly the
same way that you handle non-Guests who are obtuse and disrespectful.
There are plenty of both.

I do, I just ignore them. What bothers me is that you take regular posters, who use a single monicker and ban them to their own threads while allowing anonymous guests to do whatever they want.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

Post by Guest »

thomasglee wrote:
Oftentimes they’re not presenting any ideas and are just being obtuse and disrespectful.
Cool Breeze oftentimes is not presenting any ideas and is just being obtuse and disrespectful, so I am mirroring back to him what he puts forth.