Re: Cool Breeze's Topic

As requested, this sub-forum is for partying, fun, gossip, conundrums, flirting, comedy, tragedy, or whatever.
Higgenbotham

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Higgenbotham »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:20 pm
They won't even answer this, another nail in the coffin showing how dishonest they are, and how disgusting the US and its deep state/3 letter agencies is.
This has all been seen before. Nothing new here.
The Sword and the Shield - The Mitrokhin Archive and the Secret History of the KGB wrote:
The Watergate scandal, and the
revelations of intelligence abuses which followed, created
a perfect breeding ground for the spread of conspiracy
theories. Though most of the major abuses had been
ordered or authorized by successive presidents, the belief
grew that, in the words of Senator Frank Church,
chairman of the Senate Select Committee to Study
Governmental Operations with Respect to Intelligence
Activities, the CIA had been “behaving like a rogue
elephant on the rampage.

SERVICE A SEIZED eagerly on Church’s ill-chosen
metaphor. The KGB’s most valuable asset in its active
measures to discredit the Agency was an embittered
former CIA operations officer in Latin America, Philip
Agee (codenamed PONT), who had been forced to
resign in 1968 after complaints at his heavy drinking,
poor financial management and attempts to proposition
wives of American diplomats. Though he remained in
the West, Agee became, in effect, the CIA’s first defector.

In 1973 he approached the KGB residency in Mexico City
and offered what the head of the FCD’s Counter-
intelligence Directorate, Oleg Kalugin, called “reams of
information about CIA operations.” The suspicious KGB
resident, however, found Agee’s offer too good to be true,
concluded that he was part of a CIA plot and turned him
away. According to Kalugin:

Agee then went to the Cubans, who welcomed him
with open arms ... The Cubans shared Agee’s
information with us. But as I sat in my office in
Moscow reading reports about the growing list of
revelations coming from Agee, I cursed our officers
for turning away such a prize.

In January 1975 Agee published an uncompromisingly
hostile memoir of his career in the CIA entitled Inside the
Company: CIA Diary, which identified approximately
250 Agency officers and agents and claimed that
“millions of people all over the world had been killed or
had their lives destroyed by the CIA and the institutions it
supports. The self-congratulatory KGB file on the
book claims, doubtless with some exaggeration, that it
was “prepared by Service A, together with the Cubans.
Mitrokhin’s notes do not indicate exactly what the KGB
and its Cuban ally, the DGI, contributed to Agee’s text.
As Agee himself acknowledged, however:
“Representatives of the Communist Party of Cuba [the
DGI] ... gave important encouragement at a time when I
doubted that I would be able to find the additional
information I needed. While Agee was writing his
book in Britain, the KGB maintained contact with him
through its co-optee, Edgar Anatolyevich Cheporov,
London correspondent of the Novosti news agency and
the Literaturnaya Gazeta.^^ At Service A’s insistence,
Agee removed all references to CIA penetration of Latin
American Communist parties from his typescript before
publication.
The key to understanding this, though, is the CIA came about and became what it was because the US needed it to counter the Russians. So now we have Russian trolls, etc., doing what they do and have done at least since Yalta and, as a result, the CIA remains as a necessity to counter that.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

John

Post by John »

So is CB another Agee?

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

John wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:26 pm
So is CB another Agee?
That's precisely what I suspect and the reason I quoted that. Could have even been fired for heavy drinking.

Also, having an intelligence background, he would be familiar with how to create a false persona and enlist others to support his posts.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:29 pm
John wrote:
So is CB another Agee?
That's precisely what I suspect and the reason I quoted that. Could have even been fired for heavy drinking.

Also, having an intelligence background, he would be familiar with how to create a false persona and enlist others to support his posts.
Now the paranoia is grand. Your premise of the CIA being necessary (this betrays you since they betray the Constitution entirely and choose who is president and what he does = see Mr. Trump) is a bizarre anachronism when America actually mattered in a good way. The Soviets aren't around, as much as you'd like them to be, which is also bizarre. They moved in the 60s to become influencers here, and they were the rootless cosmos in large part. You guys really don't know this? You did go to, and complain about universities, right?

Unbelievably how clueless you smart people are.

Who is Agee, anyway? LOL

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:39 pm
Higgenbotham wrote:
John wrote:
So is CB another Agee?

Now the paranoia is grand. Your premise of the CIA being necessary (this betrays you since they betray the Constitution entirely and choose who is president and what he does = see Mr. Trump) is a bizarre anachronism when America actually mattered in a good way. The Soviets aren't around, as much as you'd like them to be, which is also bizarre. They moved in the 60s to become influencers here, and they were the rootless cosmos in large part. You guys really don't know this? You did go to, and complain about universities, right?

Who is Agee, anyway? LOL
Can everyone see how quickly Cool Breeze moved to counter this? I think we've shined the spotlight and outed this cockroach.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:42 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Higgenbotham wrote:

Who is Agee, anyway? LOL
Can everyone see how quickly Cool Breeze moved to counter this? I think we've shined the spotlight and outed this cockroach.
That's rational. Or, I just signed on and was notified of it. I wonder which is more likely.

Bob Lazar would like to meet up and tell you about the anti-gravity propulsion systems he's assisted on in the Nevada desert, Higgie

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:45 pm
Higgenbotham wrote:
Cool Breeze wrote:

Who is Agee, anyway? LOL
That's rational. Or, I just signed on and was notified of it. I wonder which is more likely.

Bob Lazar would like to meet up and tell you about the anti-gravity propulsion systems he's assisted on in the Nevada desert, Higgie
I've observed how you move. You normally drop a few posts on this site, then come back in a few hours. Other posters have accused you of being a Russian troll, but that never sat quite right with me. But being a disgruntled former CIA employee and possible Russian asset does add up.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:49 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:45 pm
Higgenbotham wrote:

I've observed how you move. You normally drop a few posts on this site, then come back in a few hours. Other posters have accused you of being a Russian troll, but that never sat quite right with me. But being a disgruntled former CIA employee and possible Russian asset does add up.
Other people know what I am, and you don't, which is amusing to me. Russian troll is what Democrats say about all things they don't like (Remember the Trump years?) which makes this so much more choice: you prove that you are looney like they are, even though you object to their insance policies, you tow their line, as well. Quite interesting.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

The Sword and the Shield - The Mitrokhin Archive and the Secret History of the KGB wrote:
The conspiracy theorists in the Centre convinced themselves that Nixon’s
dramatic fall from power was due far less to public
indignation over Watergate than to conspiracy by the
enemies of detente — in particular the “Jewish lobby,”
who were campaigning for unrestricted emigration by
Soviet Jews to Israel, and the military-industrial complex,
which was anxious to prevent lower arms expenditure.
The key figure in holding together the anti-Soviet
coalition, in the Centre’s view, was the liberal Democrat,
Senator Henry “Scoop” Jackson. Kissinger too regarded
Jackson as “the indispensable link between the liberals,
preoccupied with human rights [in the Soviet Union], and
the conservatives, who became anxious about any
negotiations with the Soviets.” “Jackson,” one
commentator has written, “was not the type of leader who
needed an impassioned aide to tell him what to think, but
he had one anyway: Richard Perle, an intense, razor- sharp
scourge of the Soviets who, despite his cherubic smile,
earned the sobriquet Prince of Darkness from the legions
he had engaged in bureaucratic battle.” Perle was the
leader of what the KGB saw as a particularly dangerous
part of the Jewish lobby: an informal group on Capitol
Hill which included both paid Israeli lobbyists and
congressional staffers.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:20 pm
The key to understanding this, though, is the CIA came about and became what it was because the US needed it to counter the Russians. So now we have Russian trolls, etc., doing what they do and have done at least since Yalta and, as a result, the CIA remains as a necessity to counter that.
The CIA grew out of a wartime agency, the Office of Strategic Services (OSS), which was established to help win World War II. From the onset, the OSS was intended to be a temporary agency with plans to dissolve it upon the end of the War. However, as tensions grew with the Soviet Union, many within the OSS were determined to keep it intact. By the end of the war, it was clear a Cold War was emerging, and Americans were “behind the game” with intelligence gathering, unlike the Russians, who’d been engaging in covert operations for years.
https://www.trumanlibrary.gov/education ... shment-cia

Here is the documentation of the fact that the only reason the CIA was established is because of the Russians and what they do, and what they continue to do. That's the cliff notes version. The longer version starts approximately with (I think it was) the NKVD (the precursor to the KGB) who bugged Roosevelt's room at Yalta, which made the US realize they couldn't shut down the OSS because the Russians can't be trusted. And here we are to this day, at a site that John explicitly states it is pro-American, being targeted by the Russians and their assets.

To suggest that the CIA is still needed is what would make these Russian trolls go absolutely bonkers because that's the last thing they want; they want to undermine it and make Americans think it is no longer a necessity.