ATOM by Kartik Gada

Cool Breeze
Posts: 2968
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:19 pm

ATOM by Kartik Gada

Post by Cool Breeze »

Are any of you aware of the theories of K. Gada, which include predictions on the "singularity" and hover around technological deflation thus requiring his version of UBI, which is called AtOM?

If so, what are your thoughts? He also doesn't like people pointing out when AI types make predictions (for example, Kurzweil) that are so bad it becomes an embarrassment for the field. Or if you question the fact that anyone can say "Given enough time ..." XYZ must happen. I find this is yet another example of my "frailty of the falsifiable" (ie it is not falsifiable). More religious thinking, just like evolutionary theory.

yimoleers

Re: ATOM by Kartik Gada

Post by yimoleers »

While Kartik Gada's theories, particularly his concept of AtOM (Automated Technology for Optimized Morality), offer an intriguing perspective on the future of technology and its implications for society, it's essential to maintain a critical stance. While Gada's emphasis on technological deflation and his proposed UBI solution are thought-provoking, his dismissal of certain predictions and reluctance to engage in robust debate may limit the thorough examination of his

ideas. While questioning the validity of predictions and theories is a crucial aspect of scientific inquiry, it's equally important to remain open to diverse viewpoints and engage in constructive discourse to advance our understanding of complex issues like the impact of technology on society.

Cool Breeze
Posts: 2968
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:19 pm

Re: ATOM by Kartik Gada

Post by Cool Breeze »

yimoleers wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:22 am
While Kartik Gada's theories, particularly his concept of AtOM (Automated Technology for Optimized Morality), offer an intriguing perspective on the future of technology and its implications for society, it's essential to maintain a critical stance. While Gada's emphasis on technological deflation and his proposed UBI solution are thought-provoking, his dismissal of certain predictions and reluctance to engage in robust debate may limit the thorough examination of his

ideas. While questioning the validity of predictions and theories is a crucial aspect of scientific inquiry, it's equally important to remain open to diverse viewpoints and engage in constructive discourse to advance our understanding of complex issues like the impact of technology on society.
I agree. I've challenged him many times, and I agree with quite a few of his conclusions. He was wrong and still is about inflation. He removed from the original site the bet we made when I told him inflation would go well over 4%, even according to CPI, and even though he said he'd come back and admit he was wrong. He was a no show. He also doesn't understand BTC, which shows me a lot. He's a sharp guy that has the ego problems of most, and is pot committed on so much he won't change what are clearly failings in his many of his theses.

I like to interact and critique these types, but they are mostly too stubborn to learn the important, big things. In any case, he'll soon have to admit the realities of a few things, the biggest being BTC.


Guest

Re: ATOM by Kartik Gada

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:03 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TUNhOzLWA4
@johndamascus6039
2 months ago
There's no inflation in healthcare, housing, and education? Insurance? LOL, the things we can't outsource have experienced tremendous inflation. Why? They are real. Of course the markets are inflated as well, because the fiat systems of the world are continually debased. Kartik cheers on the prices of TVs or EVs as if we all need those over and over again. It's pretty funny actually. CPI measures other things, and they change even that measure to steal money from the populace via printing, to keep the government grift growing.
@KartikGadaATOM
2 months ago (edited)
Well, no, because the GSCI is freely traded, and is a component of all costs (oil in particular). But remember that I take three different measurements for the most comprehensive assessment.
Plus, the CNBC data is pretty robust.
It is tremendously fashionable to express 'concern' about inflation. That does not mean it is so high as to be a problem.
@johndamascus6039
2 months ago
You didn't address my point. And I'm talking about America here, otherwise that might change for the national or person of X status in Y country. The FACT is that the cost of living has gone up MASSIVELY in the sectors I point out. You talking about commodities has no real bearing on what people consider inflation, which isn't related to gadgets and other such things I stated above aren't relevant for life or common purchases but once every 5-10 years.
@KartikGadaATOM
2 months ago (edited)
"The FACT is that the cost of living has gone up MASSIVELY in the sectors I point out. "
It hasn't. The CNBC data alone disproves that assertion for healthcare. Provide actual data if you want to claim this.
Plus, you are conflating university tuition with 'education'. Classic mistake. There is tremendous deflation in educational access, due to improvement in online materials.
" You talking about commodities has no real bearing on what people consider inflation, "
It does. Commodities are the only truly indisputable measurement, and are a component of everything.
What most people 'consider' inflation is imaginary. The will use an anecdote, usually something that is an extremely small expense (eggs), or some horrendous junk food, as the entire basis of their 'claim'.

The CPI, GSCI, and Treasury yields are not driven by purchases that are only once every 5-10 years. How you think that is being claimed anywhere is a mystery.

You can't just assert that inflation is high, without some data that is holistic. As I said, it is tremendously fashionable to express 'concern' about inflation. That does not mean it is high in reality.

Study Kartik's Law of Inflation : https://youtu.be/FakkLEn7FDU
Anecdotes and subjective hearsay is no substitute for data.
@johndamascus6039
2 months ago
@KartikGadaATOM We can agree on some of these things, to be certain. That is, one doesn't have to undergo education in "the system", it is true; he doesn't have to seek medical care in the USA either. But it's not common that people, whether stupid or not, eschew or forego these things. The food pricing reality is one where you just aren't paying attention or flatly lying about, though, Kartik. All grocery prices are up big, the substitutions in the CPI are fake outs and lies, and most CEOs will tell you why they are raising prices. Thanks for the back and forth at least. More later.
@KartikGadaATOM
2 months ago (edited)
Food prices are not up that much. See the CNBC data.
Processed junk food rises faster than healthy food, yes, for the reasons explained in the video. Processed food/fast food is a tax on stupid people, as it should be.
Yet you still assert that the CPI is rigged. It is not. You have to present data, in the form of a credible index (not fiction like ShadowStats) for you to have any point at all. Otherwise, you are just making unsubstantiated assertions without any data. Remember, it is very fashionable to claim that inflation is overstated, in order to convey victimhood.

Study Kartik's Law of Inflation to recognize the errors you are making (debating via anecdote instead of data, not being index-aware, etc.) :
https://youtu.be/FakkLEn7FDU

Cool Breeze
Posts: 2968
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:19 pm

Re: ATOM by Kartik Gada

Post by Cool Breeze »

Smart guy. Givin' him the business, and being proven right, just as I was.

Gada is overall a good guy, but his ego is too big.

Guest

Re: ATOM by Kartik Gada

Post by Guest »

How Easily Can Bitcoin Be Technologically Disrupted?

Kartik Gada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvGuGjlY8JQ
@johndamascus6039
7 months ago
Your premise is wrong, thus your criticism is invalid. To call BTC a "technology" in the same sense as other tech or disrupters is not accurate at all as to what it is (sound money at a base layer, in fact the soundest ever created). Once you get that wrong, you apply irrelevant aspects of "disrupters" to it, such as your example of the EM spectrum. Quickly, and I can explain in detail why all of these are incorrect, but we can flush it out later if you are interested or your viewers are. 1) Scarcity matters as a component of sound money, thus it is NOT tech (proving my point correct originally and your incorrect application). It happens to USE technology as a digital money, something that has never existed until this was created/discovered/etc. (double spend problem). 2) Energy use is rather irrelevant IF use case or importance is high. There are far more wasteful things that (let's choose a country, US for example) the US pours energy into that provide zero value (war in Ukraine, elsewhere, etc). Even if you don't like that point, the fact that people do it means it is BY definition, worth it to them, again disproving your point. 3) Volatility is a nascent aspect of something that is used by humans in an asset fashion, or financial or monetary device, also by definition. Of course, this will go away as it slowly but surely is priced and prices other things. Bitcoin has already won the PoW competition, has been chosen. That is far more important than PoS, which is less trustworthy overall, so won't be used monetarily, as it can be controlled far easier than BTC. It can be used for other things, but then you can argue those other things can just be added on top of the BTC base layer. TCP/IP or ethernet can be improved, but hasn't, and that's because it has particularly good and simple characteristics that can be counted on, and added to. Your point of view on this is corrupted from the start. Since I don't expect Mr. Gada to change his mind, to all the others reading, you're welcome.
@KartikGadaATOM
7 months ago (edited)
Separate your numbered points by paragraph indentation, so the list and set of points is easier to read. After that, I may feature your points in a video.

Cool Breeze
Posts: 2968
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:19 pm

Re: ATOM by Kartik Gada

Post by Cool Breeze »

I've gotta go check that out. Awesome stuff. A John who knows what he's talking about for once (in a while). Imagine that.

Did Gada ever respond to the guy?

Guest

Re: ATOM by Kartik Gada

Post by Guest »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:15 pm
I've gotta go check that out. Awesome stuff. A John who knows what he's talking about for once (in a while). Imagine that.

Did Gada ever respond to the guy?
I don't think Gada responded to you.

Cool Breeze
Posts: 2968
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:19 pm

Re: ATOM by Kartik Gada

Post by Cool Breeze »

Guest wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:39 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:15 pm
I've gotta go check that out. Awesome stuff. A John who knows what he's talking about for once (in a while). Imagine that.

Did Gada ever respond to the guy?
I don't think Gada responded to you.
I've gotta go post over there.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests